How I Met Your Mother

Karma

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 27, 2012 on CBS

• Barney tries to go out on a date with his dream girl and stripper, Quinn, while Marshall and Lily invite Robin into their home.

I thought this was a much better episode of How I Met Your Mother compared to the past few weeks. Barney's fallen in love with a new girl, but actually considering to make this one, "the one". He tries to find out why she's playing hard-to-get, but then he realizes it all. She's a stripper at the club he and Ted frequently go to. She gets payback by using him for extra money and a few laughs while he tries to ask her out on a date. Barney doesn't get the clue and thinks they're soulmates, until Ted helpfully points the obvious out. Barney is still against Ted's thinking, until he catches Quinn, or "Karma" saying the same stuff and inviting another guy to the same room she invited Barney to. However, they do meet up in a local coffee shop and do say their sorries, and agree to sit and chat. Hopefully she's on for awhile. Becki Newton, who plays Quinn but also known for her role as Amanda on Ugly Betty, is hot. Just saying. I couldn't stop drooling in the strip club scenes... Meanwhile, another reason I liked this episode was that I loved all three storylines, and that will always help, as Marshall and Lily offer their home to Robin and try to keep her hostage. I thought their attempts to keep her there were pretty funny, especially Lily. It turns out they hate the suburbs. When word spreads to Ted, he does one of the most thoughtful things of the entire series by cleaning out his own two bedroom apartment and giving it to the married and expecting couple. He even repaints Robin's old room and puts a homemade crib in it. Although it was so predictable that the crib was going to fall apart, I still burst out laughing when it happened. I loved every character in this episode, along with the good, thought-out, realistic plots. Looking forward to more good episodes like this for the remainder of the season.