How I Met Your Mother

Lobster Crawl

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 03, 2012 on CBS

• Much better!

After I was pretty nonplussed with the last two episodes, I was pleasantly surprised to find a great episode with this one! It was entertaining and funny, and downright fun to watch!

Some really hilarious moments right throughout and a couple of interesting plot developments!

Overall, a terrific episode!
  • Lobster Crawl

This episode was amazing now i have faith that this season is returning to what made HIMYM Amazing. The episode was Hilarious with Ted babysitting, Robin trying to seduce Barney, and Lily still wanting Robin even though she has a kid now. Robin made it seem that there is a playbook for girls but she couldn't make it work with Barney after trying many ways to seduce him. Barney going out with Patrice is something unexpected and it give the character something to do, and now Robin must really hate her because she took Barney from her and saw her humiliate herself. The ending with Ted and his baby girl and Lily and Marshell taking revenge was awesome and i would like the next episodes of this season to be like this one dont take a step down HIMYM writers go up and make the show more enjoyable than it was.
  • Barney changes?

Barney, as a character, could not have changed that much as to go on a date with Patrice, which is the opposite of his type of women. But of course, now that Robin is after him, this was bound to happen. It will be interesting to see how things follow, and how Barney will get out of this Patrice situation, as we already know that Barney and Robin will attempt to get married.
  • Excellent Episode

I feel this has to be the last season of HIMYM but I really do love the end plot twist:

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The whole Ted Marvin thing was boring for me so I'm going to skip over that!!

Robin realises she wants to sleep with Barney one last time because as Lily said "You closed the door but Barney Locked it!" Barney said he wasn't going to sleep with Robin anymore because it is too tiring... But Robin wants Barney but he just doesn't even fathom Robin's attempts until one of the best endings ever... Robin goes to Barney's apartment and throws herself at him but he is on a date with Patrice instead of sleeping with Robin's Hot Co Worker Brandi Barney actually talks to Patrice and is kinda on a date with her... This is essential character development on Barney's side!

Barney has stated for years "I won't get up on a fattie" yet he finds himself talking to Patrice and being on a date with her playing cards instead of either banging one of 2 hotties (Robin or Brandi).

I think this an absolute brilliant plot mainly because every woman who Barney has had a long term relationship has offered a different dynamic:

Robin was Barney's equal in terms of alphaness and strong personality

Nora was a sweet girl who knew how to keep Barney in check and even got Barney to abstain from sex

Quinn was Barney's foil in the sense she was also his equal in terms of every sense of the word

But Patrice offers a VERY different challenge to Robin... she famously said during the Intervention with Stella "Oh anything I say about Stella would be bitchy plus I'm hotter than her!"

The thing is with Patrice she isn't hot and she is overweight and she is insecure but she has done one thing which NO OTHER GIRL has done for Barney... She LISTENS and was emotionally there for him. Robin is very strong headed and will give Barney hints but she will have to take the lead to get him back IMO!

• Great episode

This episode had a lot of laughs and also had interesting plots for all of its characters. This was what HIMYM was known for. I was so happy watching this episode as plots were so interesting and the actors also gave depth to their characters in this episode.

Highlights:

1) Nice ending. Marshall and Lily get their revenge :)

2) Bro-bibs. How do the writers come up with such concepts which are equally stupid as they are awesome.

3) I'm with particularly happy with Barney/Patrice but I see where this storyline takes Robin's character and I like it.

4) Robin trying to flirt with Barney was hilarious.

Great episode. Great fun. Going to miss you, HIMYM.

I know that some people won't agree with my rating of this episode, but one should remember that every person has his opinion, right? I value all other opinions as well.
  • Oh, Robin...

Now that was a trainwreck.

I loved all the individual plots going on, but I'm not entirely sure if I buy Barney's hesitation. It fits, but with how stalwart his character has been in his lechery, I'm just not quite sure I'm there yet. Robin's desperation is right on target, and her realization that what she's doing is a last-ditch effort is necessary. These two are going to be back together in two, three episodes tops.

Now, we saw at the end that Ted's not only going to be with the mother but have their first child in only a "few If this is the last season, I think it's literally going to end with him meeting the mother for the first time. We're running out of episodes for anything else to happen. And I'm going to be severely disappointed if we don't get to know and love her before the series is done. Ted popping the question is the more logical place to end it if they're going that route.