How I Met Your Mother

Miracles

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 19, 2008 on CBS

• Great cliffhanger.

This season wasn't as good as season 2, in fact it had a handful of disappointing episodes, but episodes like this or another handful of episodes that were legen- wait for it.. -dary, is why I watch this show. In this episode, Ted gets in to a car accident, right after breaking up with Stella. Then he comes in to realization that he is still in love with Stella. He asks for her forgiveness, and it turns out she didn't even know they broke up. Then she breaks up with him, and Ted waits 'till he is discharged from the hospital to go after her. Meanwhile Marshall & Robin argue over if miracles exist or not. I loved the sequence of everyone finding out that Ted was in a car accident, and they run all dramatically only to find out Ted was fine. The flashbacks of miracles were hilarious! And we learn that Marshall asked for his job back but he didn't get it because of lice. 2 weeks later, the firm gets shut down for legal reasons, making that a miracle. Meanwhile, Barney runs to the hospital only to get hit by a bus. He has it worse than Ted, and when Ted finds out that Barney did it for him, they become friends again. Then we find out that when Barney was flashing back to all the things he loved, he saw Robin. Yikes, I wonder how that's going to work out next season. When Ted is discharged, he runs to get Stella and proposes to her! Before we get to hear her answer, the episode ends. Making it the hugest cliffhanger ever. 2 cliffhangers, that both have to do with relationships. Does this make Stella the mother? I doubt it, but it's nice to hope. This finale definitely got me excited for season 4. An amazing finale, with amazing cliffhangers.
CW