How I Met Your Mother

Monday Night Football

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 05, 2007 on CBS

• Everyone misses the Superbowl.

A great concept of an episode, I love how this show is so original at times. The group has to miss their every year tradition to go to a funeral of a guy they hardly even know. They end up missing it, but Ted records it, now they have to spend the rest of the day trying to not find out who won the Superbowl to continue their tradition. Everyone's plot lines were so funny. We got Barney's need to know with the gambling problem. Extortion from a kindergartner to Marshall. Robin & the news, and Ted & the sports bar. I like how everything tied up simultaneously. Everything went wrong at one moment. Barney reads the scores from a newspaper and found out he lost. Robin almost gets fired after trying to find out no to know. Lilly & Marshall almost find out after the janitor turns on the radio, and Ted almost spills all the dipping sauce. Luckily, Barney is the only one who found out the score, but as they start watching: Barney ruins it for everyone. Even if they found out beforehand, they still ended up watching it together, which I guess was the point of the episode. Great concept, hilarious plot line.
TVLAND