How I Met Your Mother

Monday Night Football

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 05, 2007 on CBS

• The true story of the super bowl

This was another awesome episode. It's not often that a TV show does an episode centered on the big game. I understand that this doesn't happen as much because of legal reasons. My only complaint about this episode was how Barney bet on the winning team. I understand that this episode was filmed before the actual game and the writers didn't know who would be in the game, but Barney bet on the Bears? It's much of a complaint more of an observation. I think it's kind of funny this tradition started when Ted was drunk. I also like that Barney's gambling addiction started with a small bet. The reference to everyone blowing off the halftime show with Janet Jackson was a great reference to what actually happened. With the invention that Ted made, I am kind of surprised that you don't see this in stores. When he went to the sport bar both times, I loved the shot from his perceptive. I also like how everyone but Ted found out about the score of the game and how he found out Barney but not the rest of gang found out about the result. The ending was something I really liked in that it was a simple one.