How I Met Your Mother

Moving Day

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 2007 on CBS

• Ted and Robin move in and then . . . . .

This is an episode that was follow up from two episodes ago. For me it goes back to what Ted said near the end of season one. Sometimes you do something knowing it's wrong but you do it anyway. Before Ted and Robin moved in together, they had a big fight. I understand all people fight in relationships, but the fight they had was different. The kind of fight they had does should not result in a big decision they had. You also get to see the end result of what would happen with what Robin did with some of the things Ted tried to do. I also understand that when you move in with someone, you make some sacrifices. , but Ted what had to do crossed the line a bit. Even with Robin giving up her dogs.

The episode itself was funny. When Ted received from a call from a "mysterious" caller, it was a funny scene. It was kind of like crime show but done in a funny way. It was just as funny when Ted did the same thing to Barney. You also get to see why the decision to move in together was not a good one with everything Ted and Barney do together. Like what Barney said, Ted could've left but didn't. Even though Barney hasn't been in a long term realtionship, does know something about them. Also Robin didn't seem to mind too much that Ted was out with Barney on the first night out.

Another funny part is when Lilly and Marshall tried cope without Ted. A great scene was when Marshall and Lilly were naked. It was not just for the obvious reason. Even though Lilly and Marshall had difficulties without Ted, I don't think that it tested their realtionship.

This was a great episode that further set up what would happen the season 2 finale.
  • Barney tries to prevent Ted from moving in with Robin.

Ted is finally moving in with Robin and although Barney originally wants the available room, he then sees Ted's move as a huge mistake, so he does something normal bro would do and steals his moving van with all the furniture in it. It results in Ted and Robin arguing before he can get the van back, and ultimately deciding to move back in with Marshall and Lily, who missed him bunches when they realized most of the things in the apartment - groceries, toilet paper, etc. - were his. So more plans of Ted & Robin's don't follow through so technically nothing happens. It had some good parts but still this was one of Season 2's weakest episodes.
  • Robin and Ted with a moving truck... Marshall and Lily lost wihtout Ted and Barney hiijacks the moving truck... GREAT EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING: Contains spoilers!!! * * * * * *

So the episode begins with Ted and Robin moving Ted's stuff in boxes.. into the moving van! Barney desperately tries to convince them no to do it.. while Marshall and Lill\y proudly proclaim how far Ted has come to this point in his life... So since no one will listen to him (Robin and Ted) then Barney "helps" but instead of coming back up for another box.. the last box in fact... he drives off with the van to use it as a hostage to blackmail ted.

Lily and Marshall end up being helpless without Ted no towels, no groceries, no microwave.. etc. So Ted and Robin end up deciding that it'd be better if eh didnt move in since both of them like their realtionship the way it was. So Ted moves back... to Lily and Marshall's happiness.
  • This episode was one of the weakest so far (Spoilers!).

Normally, what makes this series so good is that it stays believable. in this case, I believed neither of the three stories. I don`t believe that a couple like Marshall and Lily wouldn`t able to live together for more than a few hours. I don`t believe that Robin and especially Ted would decide against living together with the moving truck in front of the door of the new house, just because they had a fun night without each other. And I really don`t believe that even somebody like Barney would hijack his friend`s moving truck to prevent him from moving together with the woman he loves.

Also, part of the fun of the series is how they mess with the time line. But they didn`t do that as much in this episode. As this is still my favorite tv series, I give it six points anyway.
  • Ted moves out of Lilly & Marshall's apartment.

I liked the concept of this episode, it continues on from 216, in which Ted & Robin decide to move in together. When he is moving in, Barney steals Ted's moving van so Ted has to complete a series of tasks before he gets the van back. Meanwhile Marshall & Lilly realize they're lost without Ted. Both hilarious plots, the thing that sort of brought the rating of this episode down a bit was the fact that everything stayed the same by the end, it's like the writers had an idea, and decided to scrap it the last minute. Ted & Robin don't end up moving in together, this episode was Ted & Robin coming in to realization that they liked the things the way they are. looks like Barney was right about that one thing. i definitely think that Marshall & Lilly's plot really stood out in this episode, I definitely laughed the most when their plot was on. Everything else, although funny, seemed like a filler since it stayed the same by the end. Solid episode.
  • Ted packs all his stuff to move in with Robin.

"Moving Day" is an awesome How I Met Your Mother episode. In this episode, Ted is packing up his stuff to move to Robin's apartment. I love how Barney is against this and steals the moving truck. I love how Robin and Ted decide not to move in with each other because Robin doesn't want to give up smoking and guns and Ted realizes it's just not a good idea. I love how Marshall and Lily were excited that Ted moved out, but then they started missing Ted and they realized they needed Ted. I love how they hugged Ted when he moved back in. I give this episode a 9/10.

MNT