How I Met Your Mother

Murtaugh

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2009 on CBS

7.6
  • I'm too old for this "stuff"

6.6
    In this episode, Barney becomes banned from the laser tag center after being to rough with the kids, so he wants Ted to tepee the laser tag center. Ted says that he's too old for that, it's on the Murtaugh list. Murtaugh is a guy from Lethal Weapon who kept on saying, "I'm too old for this 'stuff,'" according to future Ted. So then Barney says he can do everything on the Murtaugh list. Robin accompanies Barney on all his adventures. Meanwhile Robin makes a list of things that Ted is too young to do, since he just wants to skip ahead to being old, when Robin thinks that the journey is the best part of it all. Ted succeeds in to doing the list, but Barney caves on the last thing he's supposed to do on the list. Ted wins the bet, but they both end up tepeeing the laser tag center, since Murtaugh – regardless of him saying that over & over again, he just did it again: Movie after movie. Meanwhile Marshall coaches Lilly's kindergartners in basketball, the hard way. When Lilly always does it the easy way. There was nothing terrible about this episode, yet there wasn't really anything great about the episode either. It was just average, I laughed at some scenes, it was an enjoyable watch. Just nothing very special about it. The funniest scene would definitely have to be Lilly warning Marshall about the silent treatment. That was hilarious, I thought I was favoring Lilly & Marshall's plot until the teen wolf came in, it was a bit too unrealistic for my pleasure. So average, nothing great, nothing bad.