How I Met Your Mother

Now We're Even

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 16, 2012 on CBS

• Not quite what i expected

I'm not going to lie, pretty much the entire reason I was hyped for this episode, was because it was the episode where Ted finally wore that green dress. When I saw the summery, I expected Ted and Barney to compete in who could come up with a more Legendary night. I loved all the crazy things that Barney kept trying to get Ted to do. Another highlight of the episode, for me, was the Robin storyline. She finally becomes famous, though, not quite how she wanted. One of the best parts of the episode was when everyone's storylines just kindof stopped, while everyone waited to see what happened to Robin. The part that wowed me at the end of it, was when she called everyone to tell her she was alight, execpt for Ted, that kinda blew me back a bit. The only big downside of the episode was the Lily and Marshall storyline. I feel like it should've been more about the Lily and Barney fight, and less about the whole sex dream plotline, that plot could've fit in any other episode, and would've done better, in my opinion. Although, I do understand that they were probably trying to setup for Marshall's freakout in the next episode, but I just feel that it shouldn't have been put in an episode where its already been established that Lily was doing something else.

Another thing, that bothered me, was throughout the season, they have made references of Barney still thinking that Lily is hot, even while she was pregnant, like the sextape storyline from earlier this season. I really felt like they were setting up for this fight of Barney not thinking she's "hot" anymore. That whole part of MArshall and Lily just felt so out of place. Lets just hope that the remaining episodes are a little more on track.