How I Met Your Mother

Platonish

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 11, 2013 on CBS

• Winning the Game

This is another hard hitter I've been waiting for, what I like is the fact that it's not based on the locale of Barney and Robin's wedding which I feel is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, but is on a portion of their past.

The subplot with Ted and Marchall was soild, I did like the advice Marchall gave Ted despite being wrong on the girl he's suppose to go for. Ted just needs one win, to win the game. I did like that little touch with the scenarios where we see Ted take possible actions as the clock was ticking, it's something I think we all think of sometimes, if we ever did one thing in this possible amount of time.

The plot with Barney is typical fun as he plays a frat like game where he has to ask out girls in the most unusal fashions. The one I thought was the most funny was Barney not having to use the letter e, which is a really tough order since most to all words contain that letter. However what makes this episode stand out was in it's payoff when we see Barney meets the mother.

The mother character really isn't disappointing me, granted it does seem a bit too coincidental that Ted's friends would all meet her before him but it's a TV show I'll roll with it. But for the mom that makes it's two of Ted's friends she met, so that means two more to go I wonder how they will go. Anyway, I really do like the talk that the mom has with Barney which I thought was touching and she's right. The problem with Barney is that he's always had small victories but never a real win, and Barney in reality does want to win he does want real love in his life.

That moment when Barney goes to his Playbook which looks as big as a Bible, I thought was touching as he then is on the very final page which was saved for Robin.

The only problems were I felt Brian Cranston was wasted in this episode, it's just the scenes with him did nothing for the episode. The chalange where Barney had to talk like a dolphin was stupid and completely unbelievable.

Other than that a very good episode, Barney in the end won the game though Ted has lost that game but like in every sport there is always another, and Ted has yet to play and win.
MNT