How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 2 of 21

• I just wasted how many Monday nights watching this crap?????

They killed her. That's the answer to how HIMYM should end????? THEY KILL HER and then he gets with Robin. WTF? Why did I ever start watching this stupid TV show. I'm glad my grandmother died before this show ended because this would have thoroughly depressed her. I am so mad. I can not believe I watched this show for this stupid, unnecessary STUPID finale. I'm so pissed. I am so pissed.
  • Not leaving on a high note.

4.5
    I think with the entire season being focused on the wedding weekend of Barney and Robin has felt prolonged, tiresome and less clever.

I never thought they should have ended up together in the first place. And when Ted and Robin split, the future Ted says that Robin goes on live in Argentina, Greece, Russia and even Japan for a while. Which I would think made Robin and Barney would make a bad fit.
  • wrong decision

i was very surprised when i knew that season 9 will be the last one. i think that they can produce more episodes at the least make one more season. i am very disappointed to see this great awesome show is going to end after just 3 episodes
  • Please end this show !!!

How many years does it take too tell How I Met Your Mother?
  • HIMYM : Legendary beginning , a mediocre middle and waiting for an awesome end.

When I started watching the show in 2008, I wasn't aware what American TV shows are about. My friend recommended the show who was told to watch the same show by his friend. He made me watch the second episode "The Purple Giraffe", in which Ted throws three back to back parties just to get together with Robin and it was hilarious along with Lily's post-engagement horniness and Barney (well he's just awesome). Not having watched FRIENDS at that time, I liked the whole episode and I was yet to watch the pilot. That's how funny the show was.

The following week, I brought myself up to speed and watched the entire four seasons which were premiered earlier and I found myself eagerly waiting for the fifth season.

When my friend and his friend met, HIMYM was the ice breaker and we had a discussion over "Which Character of HIMYM are you?" and I got Ted.

After six years and after watching many American TV shows including FRIENDS, Seinfeld , The Big Bang theory etc. , I still feel an emotional connect with this show. I agree it used to be hilarious and over the years it has lost that element in the name of character development. But I am completely fine with it because even in that mediocre middle, the show presented us with the most memorable and emotional moments.

Would you rather take a funny scene instead of Ted decorating the living room just to make Robin smile? Or didn't you enjoy watching Barney play a silly play just to propose Robin and Ted letting Robin go after Barney on the back of the limousine? I did. Contrary to the majority I even enjoyed watching some of the episodes of the final season esp. the ones where The Mother steps in. I loved the episode "How your mother met me "and the final moments of the episode were really good.

What can be an awesome end for this series? I don't know. I think it will be Ted finally meeting the Mother at that train platform but I do hope that they could give it a heartfelt execution as they have done throughout the series. I did cry during the finale of the FRIENDS and I am hoping it is going to be as beautiful and emotional as Friends' finale was.

• When EPIC shows come to a End!! :(

it sucks seeing such a great show leave the network, I've been watching this show since day one, and to this day its hard watching such a EPIC awesome great plot, great characters, played by such great actors leave, i know its suppose to end but does it really have to? would it be so bad to see one more season with Miss Mosby in the picture? seeing how they went from just meeting to dating and the whole SHA BANG!? Don't Leave me How I Met Your Mother you have truly been a great asset to the sitcom world!
  • Awesome episode.

Hate that this is the last season.

5818vikgl2a

Enjoy.
  • Season 9 is great!

After season 8 wich i didn't like so much, now with season 9 i just cant wait till next episode airs.

I like it how the do the whole season in the wedding weekend. The closer of Ted's feelings for Robin was a really good scene.

Now finally knowing what Barney really does for a job and why. And so on. There are so many thins i like about this season! A lot of questions are being answered and that gives me a satisfying feeling.

Right now this is again my favorite Comedy

Keep it up with the upcoming episodes!

• boring...

I agree with what most people are saying, it's gone on far too long and they're just making up pointless crap to pass the time that isn't even realistic.
  • Please kill me!

I hate this show, my ex GF used to watch it and I'd be forced to view it as well. Just heard its going in the big TV bin and I'm so happy to hear that. REST IN PIECES YOU UTTER SHITE!!!
  • How I Met Your Mother?

I like this show I pretty much watched all the episodes from season 1-8 on netflix and I love this show! I think it is funny, and they have good actors in it.. The only thing I didn't like was how they said this was your aunt i thought Ted was gonna marry robin but I guess
  • why do the start the story with him dating a new girl, when she's not the mother.

i would have given this show a nine, but it doesn't make sense that he starts his story by meeting robin. her and ted have amazing chemistry btw) and then it turn out that shes not the mother. in fact somehow the main character ted got over her even though you can still see the twinkle in their eyes when they look at eachother and the live together on and off, they date on and off and then BAM! she marries his best friend. Bullsh*t. then we find out the mother is finally introduced in the LAST season of the show. Why would he start telling his story when robin comes in and not when the REAL mom comes in?!?!
  • This episode not only needs a SLAP!... but a kick in the head!

I was bored so stupidly after not watch HIMYM because of how incredibly rubbish the programme has been in the past. I watched this episode. What a load of garbage! Absolutely awful! It does ensure I won't be stupid again. I will never watch this show ever again no matter how bored I might get!
  • Worst episode ever

All the crap to build up to a pointless ending. High speed cameras to get the shots. But Boyz II Men finishing was a nice touch.
  • 9x13: just woow

omg this was seriously one of the best mid seasons finale!

so many feelings in one episode! from the start this episode got better and better and the mother had a lot to do with it! with every episode she is in the season she brings so much light into this show! you just really get to know her and see why she is the perfect girl.

the devil guy darren from the band started lots of wars in the episode between lily and robin and ted and barney. the fight of barney and ted left me hanging when barney thinks he isn't a good/best friend of ted's. so when the two hug my feelings explode!

and it was great to see robin helping lily with marshall taking the judgeship. using her ''marshall'' pillow as a distraction and an object to focur her hate was brilliant (cuz sometimes I do that too, hit on things when I'm angry as hell). but marshall seeing that really made me speechless and tear up, especially when lily stopped when she heard him calling her and then turned around facing him with tears in her eyes just saying ''pause?''. this moment right there brought I think not just me but everyone who has seen this show from the beginning to season 1 when they had their big fight. so I am incredibly nervous to see what will happen next with marshall and lily.

so now to the just can say that I LOVED her in this episode!!! as clich as it might be being her that took marshall and marvin to the farhamptons, the conversation between her and marshall was great! the two of them seem really similar to each other and marshall encouraging her to stand up and face her enemy was 'the moment' for me.

let's get to the far end of the episode: the mother trying to find the strengh to tell darren to leave her band alone, she left it be. because she thought that karma wouldn't do anything for him. so the moment when darran ran into ted (who was pouring the 600$ worth scotch into glasses for everyone), he spilled the scoth and that's when ted got mad and punched the guy! so darren walking into the bar and yelling at the mother that the best man just hit him was the perfect turnaround. she therefor said to the bartender to give ted the best double of scotch they had. so that is how we know how ted got the bandage!!!

himym really did a great job in this episode.. the didn't just clear some things out but they actually managed to put sentences in the episode that the group already used in previous episodes like ted saying to barney he would be too liberal with the sentence 'that's the dream' or lily saying 'pause' or marshall's song. all in all for ME this episode was a success and I am really looking forward to see and to find out what will happen next!

but first we have to wait 'til the new year to get any new episodes!

*I really hope I didn't forget anything*

OH WAIT I KNOW: THE END!

marshall apologising to barney for not being at his rehearsal dinner and that he got a present for him but he was going to wait until after the wedding to give it to him. but how we all know barney he just gotzzz to know! so marshal went for the SLAP!!!! - TO BE CONTINUED...

(CLIFFHANGER)
  • Should have ended around season 6

I have always been a fan of this show and just recently watched it again basically from beginning to now. The show was so creative and funny in the first 4 or 5 seasons and in parts of season 6, then they started to repeat some of the same jokes and the characters were also failing to develop. Personally, I thought the show should have never made it to where Lilly and Marshall have a kid. I just think it is boring now to follow them and way too generic. I would have loved to just found out that they were pregnant and were going to have a family and wrap their story up like that. Now Marshall is going to become a judge. I just think it is too sitcomish to have everything end in such a happy way for them. If they wanted to marry Barney and Robin, they should have done it way faster. The show was so much better when the story didn't center on Barney and Robin. I mean I understand that Ted meets his wife at their wedding but this has now been four seaons in the making about their wedding. It started at the beginning of season 6 and is still going on. It took the focus off of Ted and Ted has become an awful character now. He used to be funny and charming. Now it is just sad to watch him and as a result the show has become less funny and drawn out. Plus not to mention, Barney and Robin have become disgusting as a couple. Barney is way too cartoonish now and Robin falls into that trap every now and then. Their storylines are showing that they're perfect for each other but they seem too forced. I still watch the show in the hopes that they will get back to their roots. There used to be a point where you couldn't tell where an episode was going and it would end up tying together with something that happened a few season earlier or earlier in an episode. They used to do a good job of being funny but then having a good heartfelt moment at the end. I watch every week because I'm curious to see if the show will have another moment like they did at the end of "Ten Sessions". So far this current season has been alright but I agree with a previous comment on here about how the whole marshall is still driving to the wedding from minnesota thing is drawn out. I think tonight's episode should be good though. I've been anticipating this one for a while. Here's to hoping that the show gets back to focusing on Ted.
  • pointless

They have dragged things out, they arent getting to the point and that is how ted met his childrens mother. So many seasons on just telling one story and I think it is pointless.
  • Sucks

Please end this show before its too late.
  • The Final Season Has Literally become A Drag

Just end it already! It must have seemed like a good idea at the time to make the last season the last 2 days before the wedding, but when you find yourself watching and saying, they are STILL waiting for Marshall to get there, or they are STILL sitting at the bar, or they are STILL playing poker then the writers have lost the magic and it's done. It feels as if the show has just ground to a screeching halt and now I no longer care WHAT happens to these people. It's also become ridiculously stupid too with completely improbable situations. That's really a shame because I DID love this show.
  • Season 9 needs to change storyline

I realize that the Ted character is probably everyone's least favorite, but don't you think that the last season should focus on him and not on a wedding between two OTHER characters?
  • Great show until season 9

It has been a great show until this last season.

I loved the episode about rhymes, it messed with my brain soo much I started unconsciously looking for rhymes in everything

Just wrap it up befor its too late
  • A perfect example of greed

I used to love this show, it was my favourite show actually. But that was like five seasons ago. Now I can't even watch an entire episode without finding myself doing something else, like writing this or checking istagram. Why did they have to ruin the series by making it go on for too long?

Stop while you're still good, so we can remember this show without being pissed off. But I guess that's too much to ask for from writers/producers/directors/execs/whoeverdecides who think it sounded like a good idea to make an entire episode with rhymes.
  • This season sucks

Boo hoo to everyone associated with season 9.

Poor show
  • Declined into absurdity

5.5
    While it was weak for the last 3 or 4 season, it's season 9 that really shows how feeble it has become. The writing is bad, the characters are different, the actors are tired and the story line is awful. It really parallels the entire shows main problem - being unable to close the deal. Like drawing out the thin story line of meeting the mother over 8 years they now have to try and drag out a two day story arch over an entire year. Frustrating for fans and for those who were fans and are really only just waiting for the end, so they can put the show to bed and finish what they started all those years ago. The show was fun and silly now its just embarrassing.
  • Great sitcom tarnished a bit by the last seasons

HIMYM is an excellent sitcom, very funny and everything. Unfortunately, the last seasons (I don't remember exactly, but I guess it started around 6 or 7) have been less good.

That's why I don't go higher than 8 (could even be a bit less but I can't deny the first seasons are really good)
  • It should have ended on a high

ITS SO BORING NOW. ABSOLUTE NONSENSE

• season 9 doesn't fit to the rest of the series

I loved the past 8 seasons. I laughed, I hoped, I cried. It was awesome! But somehow I hate season 9. Maybe it's because I can't stand the mother or how they're stretching that one single day. All in all, to me it just doesn't seem funny anymore. The actors are looking a bit worn down, too. Like they already had enough of the show.
  • Should have met his wife 3 season ago

Season 8 and 9 Rubbish.
  • What is up (down?) with season 9?

I have loved How I Met Your Mother since I started watching it 5 years ago. But I dont like season 9. Why do they have to stretch the last hours before Robin and Barneys wedding for so long? Over many weeks(9 episodes) of HIMYM, and it doesnt get the viewer any closer to the actual wedding. At the season 8 finale, I really thougt that the 9th season would start with a wedding. Or at least within the first few episodes...

But hey, it always makes me laugh, even the episodes I have watched many times before.
  • love HIMYM

omg im in luv with how I met your mother I will always be a loyal fan sad that show is comin to an end :( will miss this show sooo much
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10