How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

sodapopgirl721

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 2 of 21

• Please kill me!

I hate this show, my ex GF used to watch it and I'd be forced to view it as well. Just heard its going in the big TV bin and I'm so happy to hear that. REST IN PIECES YOU UTTER SHITE!!!
  • How I Met Your Mother?

I like this show I pretty much watched all the episodes from season 1-8 on netflix and I love this show! I think it is funny, and they have good actors in it.. The only thing I didn't like was how they said this was your aunt i thought Ted was gonna marry robin but I guess
  • why do the start the story with him dating a new girl, when she's not the mother.

i would have given this show a nine, but it doesn't make sense that he starts his story by meeting robin. her and ted have amazing chemistry btw) and then it turn out that shes not the mother. in fact somehow the main character ted got over her even though you can still see the twinkle in their eyes when they look at eachother and the live together on and off, they date on and off and then BAM! she marries his best friend. Bullsh*t. then we find out the mother is finally introduced in the LAST season of the show. Why would he start telling his story when robin comes in and not when the REAL mom comes in?!?!
  • This episode not only needs a SLAP!... but a kick in the head!

I was bored so stupidly after not watch HIMYM because of how incredibly rubbish the programme has been in the past. I watched this episode. What a load of garbage! Absolutely awful! It does ensure I won't be stupid again. I will never watch this show ever again no matter how bored I might get!
  • Worst episode ever

All the crap to build up to a pointless ending. High speed cameras to get the shots. But Boyz II Men finishing was a nice touch.
  • 9x13: just woow

omg this was seriously one of the best mid seasons finale!

so many feelings in one episode! from the start this episode got better and better and the mother had a lot to do with it! with every episode she is in the season she brings so much light into this show! you just really get to know her and see why she is the perfect girl.

the devil guy darren from the band started lots of wars in the episode between lily and robin and ted and barney. the fight of barney and ted left me hanging when barney thinks he isn't a good/best friend of ted's. so when the two hug my feelings explode!

and it was great to see robin helping lily with marshall taking the judgeship. using her ''marshall'' pillow as a distraction and an object to focur her hate was brilliant (cuz sometimes I do that too, hit on things when I'm angry as hell). but marshall seeing that really made me speechless and tear up, especially when lily stopped when she heard him calling her and then turned around facing him with tears in her eyes just saying ''pause?''. this moment right there brought I think not just me but everyone who has seen this show from the beginning to season 1 when they had their big fight. so I am incredibly nervous to see what will happen next with marshall and lily.

so now to the just can say that I LOVED her in this episode!!! as clich as it might be being her that took marshall and marvin to the farhamptons, the conversation between her and marshall was great! the two of them seem really similar to each other and marshall encouraging her to stand up and face her enemy was 'the moment' for me.

let's get to the far end of the episode: the mother trying to find the strengh to tell darren to leave her band alone, she left it be. because she thought that karma wouldn't do anything for him. so the moment when darran ran into ted (who was pouring the 600$ worth scotch into glasses for everyone), he spilled the scoth and that's when ted got mad and punched the guy! so darren walking into the bar and yelling at the mother that the best man just hit him was the perfect turnaround. she therefor said to the bartender to give ted the best double of scotch they had. so that is how we know how ted got the bandage!!!

himym really did a great job in this episode.. the didn't just clear some things out but they actually managed to put sentences in the episode that the group already used in previous episodes like ted saying to barney he would be too liberal with the sentence 'that's the dream' or lily saying 'pause' or marshall's song. all in all for ME this episode was a success and I am really looking forward to see and to find out what will happen next!

but first we have to wait 'til the new year to get any new episodes!

*I really hope I didn't forget anything*

OH WAIT I KNOW: THE END!

marshall apologising to barney for not being at his rehearsal dinner and that he got a present for him but he was going to wait until after the wedding to give it to him. but how we all know barney he just gotzzz to know! so marshal went for the SLAP!!!! - TO BE CONTINUED...

(CLIFFHANGER)
  • Should have ended around season 6

I have always been a fan of this show and just recently watched it again basically from beginning to now. The show was so creative and funny in the first 4 or 5 seasons and in parts of season 6, then they started to repeat some of the same jokes and the characters were also failing to develop. Personally, I thought the show should have never made it to where Lilly and Marshall have a kid. I just think it is boring now to follow them and way too generic. I would have loved to just found out that they were pregnant and were going to have a family and wrap their story up like that. Now Marshall is going to become a judge. I just think it is too sitcomish to have everything end in such a happy way for them. If they wanted to marry Barney and Robin, they should have done it way faster. The show was so much better when the story didn't center on Barney and Robin. I mean I understand that Ted meets his wife at their wedding but this has now been four seaons in the making about their wedding. It started at the beginning of season 6 and is still going on. It took the focus off of Ted and Ted has become an awful character now. He used to be funny and charming. Now it is just sad to watch him and as a result the show has become less funny and drawn out. Plus not to mention, Barney and Robin have become disgusting as a couple. Barney is way too cartoonish now and Robin falls into that trap every now and then. Their storylines are showing that they're perfect for each other but they seem too forced. I still watch the show in the hopes that they will get back to their roots. There used to be a point where you couldn't tell where an episode was going and it would end up tying together with something that happened a few season earlier or earlier in an episode. They used to do a good job of being funny but then having a good heartfelt moment at the end. I watch every week because I'm curious to see if the show will have another moment like they did at the end of "Ten Sessions". So far this current season has been alright but I agree with a previous comment on here about how the whole marshall is still driving to the wedding from minnesota thing is drawn out. I think tonight's episode should be good though. I've been anticipating this one for a while. Here's to hoping that the show gets back to focusing on Ted.
  • pointless

They have dragged things out, they arent getting to the point and that is how ted met his childrens mother. So many seasons on just telling one story and I think it is pointless.
  • Sucks

Please end this show before its too late.
  • The Final Season Has Literally become A Drag

Just end it already! It must have seemed like a good idea at the time to make the last season the last 2 days before the wedding, but when you find yourself watching and saying, they are STILL waiting for Marshall to get there, or they are STILL sitting at the bar, or they are STILL playing poker then the writers have lost the magic and it's done. It feels as if the show has just ground to a screeching halt and now I no longer care WHAT happens to these people. It's also become ridiculously stupid too with completely improbable situations. That's really a shame because I DID love this show.
  • Season 9 needs to change storyline

I realize that the Ted character is probably everyone's least favorite, but don't you think that the last season should focus on him and not on a wedding between two OTHER characters?
  • Great show until season 9

It has been a great show until this last season.

I loved the episode about rhymes, it messed with my brain soo much I started unconsciously looking for rhymes in everything

Just wrap it up befor its too late
  • A perfect example of greed

I used to love this show, it was my favourite show actually. But that was like five seasons ago. Now I can't even watch an entire episode without finding myself doing something else, like writing this or checking istagram. Why did they have to ruin the series by making it go on for too long?

Stop while you're still good, so we can remember this show without being pissed off. But I guess that's too much to ask for from writers/producers/directors/execs/whoeverdecides who think it sounded like a good idea to make an entire episode with rhymes.
  • This season sucks

Boo hoo to everyone associated with season 9.

Poor show
  • Declined into absurdity

5.5
    While it was weak for the last 3 or 4 season, it's season 9 that really shows how feeble it has become. The writing is bad, the characters are different, the actors are tired and the story line is awful. It really parallels the entire shows main problem - being unable to close the deal. Like drawing out the thin story line of meeting the mother over 8 years they now have to try and drag out a two day story arch over an entire year. Frustrating for fans and for those who were fans and are really only just waiting for the end, so they can put the show to bed and finish what they started all those years ago. The show was fun and silly now its just embarrassing.
  • Great sitcom tarnished a bit by the last seasons

HIMYM is an excellent sitcom, very funny and everything. Unfortunately, the last seasons (I don't remember exactly, but I guess it started around 6 or 7) have been less good.

That's why I don't go higher than 8 (could even be a bit less but I can't deny the first seasons are really good)
  • It should have ended on a high

ITS SO BORING NOW. ABSOLUTE NONSENSE

• season 9 doesn't fit to the rest of the series

I loved the past 8 seasons. I laughed, I hoped, I cried. It was awesome! But somehow I hate season 9. Maybe it's because I can't stand the mother or how they're stretching that one single day. All in all, to me it just doesn't seem funny anymore. The actors are looking a bit worn down, too. Like they already had enough of the show.
  • Should have met his wife 3 season ago

Season 8 and 9 Rubbish.
  • What is up (down?) with season 9?

I have loved How I Met Your Mother since I started watching it 5 years ago. But I dont like season 9. Why do they have to stretch the last hours before Robin and Barneys wedding for so long? Over many weeks(9 episodes) of HIMYM, and it doesnt get the viewer any closer to the actual wedding. At the season 8 finale, I really thougt that the 9th season would start with a wedding. Or at least within the first few episodes...

But hey, it always makes me laugh, even the episodes I have watched many times before.
  • love HIMYM

omg im in luv with how I met your mother I will always be a loyal fan sad that show is comin to an end :( will miss this show sooo much
  • did anyone else spot the slutty pumpkin?

i could have sworn she was there when Ted was talking about the hints he was dropping about the thank you note.

i thought it was an average episode.

for me, it was let down by the Robin / Barney plot. You've probably heard it all before, but as a couple they don't work, they're not funny together.

i am glad that the canned laughter was turned down in this episode, the 3rd episode was really difficult to watch as the laughter was turned up full volume and played constantly when nothing funny was being said.

We need more of the mother though.
  • hahaha made my evening

it was funny to me,!!!
  • Great or not?

Still a great series after all the seasons but it's not as good as it was at the beginning. They should change the approach a bit.
  • i have doubts about this last season

Ted is less and less funny, like Ross in Friends

and for this 9th season premiere, he wasn't funny at all and the rest of the cast wasn't that great

i'm pretty sure than we won't see Josh Radnor in any show after that

the mother was suddently introduced without any suspense at the end of season 8

the first 6-7 years were fantastic, year 8 was so-so, it's like lots of other shows that try to last that long, i don't see how the show could surprise us for this last season
  • One of the best sitcoms ever written and acted.

What makes this show is the chemistry between the actors. They all feed off of each other so well and it really bleeds though the screen. I'm watching the Final Season Premiere as I'm writing this review, and I can already tell that the 9th season is going to blow it out of the water. The actress who plays the mother is really a great addition to the cast and her chemistry with the cast so far (Alyson Hannigan and Josh Radnor) is really great. I kind of wish she was introduced sooner so we could've seen more than just one season of her, but at least she's a regular for the final season.

I'm not really one of those bitter fans who think the show went on too long, because I really did fall in love with the characters and the although there are some weak seasons, mainly seasons six and eight, there are still shining moments within those seasons.

What's also interesting about this show is that it's not always about making the funniest joke. It's about actual character progression. Although there are some points within the later seasons where it seems like some characters are acting out of the normal mainly Lily, Ted and Robin, the show is still a solid sitcom and since we all know how hard it is these days to find a quality comedy to follow, How I Met Your Mother really stands out as a bold, quality product. Good writing, good actors, good production values and guest stars. The jokes are seldom forced and everything just flows right.

I'll miss this show a lot when it's over, but 9 years is an amazing run. I wish the cast and crew a great future in the business, and I'll miss seeing a new episode of the show and waiting Ted's epic meet. Here's to a great Final Season!
  • for it .... dary! Legendary Show!!

An awesome show that has had but a few flat spots. Just watched the whole series again and still laughed .... hard. The networks need to look at this show to figure out why the fall schedule looks as bleak as it currently does. I'm gonna miss you HIMYM.
  • 9 years about nothing

People talking about nothing nine years long. This is what this series is. A totally meaningless, empty series with dumb jokes.

It represents how undemanding the American TV-watching audience is. People in Hollywood made a film exactly like this, called Definitely, Maybe. It was also dull, I could barely watch it, the only good point in it was the cute little child in it.

Thank Nature I only have seen a few bits from this. Terrible boredom is how I could describe it. It doesn't matter if I watch it or not, watching it is like anything else, like scratching my balls, meh, I scratch it, but even if I'm not, it will pass away from itself eventually. If I'm doing it it's fine, if not, I loose absolutely nothing.

Hallelujah, it's the last season of this waste!
  • gr8 show but i hate robin

LOVE EVERY THING EXCEPT ROBIN
  • The Final Season

After toying around for 8 years with every viewer, the show is finally ending with this season... I wish the season 9 episodes are as good and brilliant as Seasons 1-3. One Request to Carter Bays... Please dont keep beating around the bushes... Its time to end... Better end it with a bang! But I am sure I will miss the characters once when the season comes to an end..
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10