How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

sodapopgirl721

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 3 of 21

• One the best shows ever

How I Met Your Mother is one of the best shows ever. The characters are very well written and the actors play them very well.

If you have seen all episodes, make sure to check out the Random Episode Generator
  • Simply Amazing!!!

the best comedy shows i have ever funny creative and awesome. It has wonderfull characters and an excellent story line
  • LOVE IT!

Good show, funny, smart, perfect characters,... I love it, my friends love it, I hope that my children will love it once :)
  • How I met this show and loved it

I met this show when it was reconmended by alot of my friends. I found that I loved the show even more than them. I think it's humor is funny and consistent. I think all the characters are evenly funny and have their own kinds of things funny about them. It also excels in it's drama I am very intrusted in what happens next in the show. Maybe at the beggining I had alittle problem with the comments. I quickly got past it and continued to enjoy the show. The funniest part of the show is Barney and his relationship with the other characters and some people might argue that he's not as funny now that the show is making him more human. Some of the jokes don't work for me but that just might be for me. Some jokes will not work for other fans but there are so many other jokes that I find myself luaghing so much that I forget about what I thought wasn't funny. As for hating the show I can't understand that. The weakest characters for me is Lilly becuase I don't like her character entirly there are parts that I like. But I find she is a whitch at times but in other episodes I feel for her. So I can't complain about that to much. This is a complain that we can all understand the show has been running for alot of seasons and by the time he tells this story to his kids they would be dead. I also don't like that there are times where Ted breaks character there are different episodes where he is a jerk and then there are the episodes when he is very likable. Bottom line I love it enough to stay with it and watch it all the way to the end.
  • How I Met Your Father

I hope this brilliant show has a sequal called How I Met Your Father!

I made a page to bring the Idea out! I hope this idea of mine becomes real!

How I Met Your Father on Facebook!
  • Best Show Ever

This is my all time favortie show. The on-and-off romances between Ted, Barney, and Robin. The way they always make you think Ted's found The One. The humor and romance and just everything about the show. Nine seasons will never be enough! I can't wait for Ted to find This show is bound to go down in history as Legen... Wait for it... Dary!
  • Solid '9' because f the Anti-climax.

Loved every minute of this show although ted got a little exasperating at the end and the end of season 8 was the biggest Anti-Climax i've ever seen with a show especially as the creators have said season 9 will be the last season aired of the show, not enough time with the mother, especially as we've had 8 seasons to fall in love with all the other characters.

WHY HAVENT THEY MET YET?????!!!!!
  • Mom and Ted has had several "almost met"?

St. Patrick's Day 1. Picked up a small yellow umbrella.

Once a fault into the economic classroom.

Dating with my roommate, saw mother's heels 1 times. Drop the yellow umbrella, yellow umbrella back to mom's hands.

Ted have to find a matchmaker company (middle , the company found a match for him, but when he is ready to meet Lily a distress call call him away (Lily prepare to SF, painting). This match will also is mum? 688
  • Why aren't more people watching

Honestly, I believe How I Met Your Mother is the best written show I have ever seen, so why aren't people watching it as much as they did Friends or those dumb reality TV shows? The answer is simple. It's because it airs on the "old man" channel. My opinion is that people need to get over it and more people should watch this show because it is the best written show ever. It's not only extremely funny, but it also has heart. It knows how to balance the comedy with the sweet moments that makes the show not only fun to watch, but it makes it real. It makes it authentic, and it makes it heartfelt. Anyone who discovers this show will be hooked because it tells the story of life in the best way.
  • comic con

I really hope this site covers the just announced Comiccon panel for HIMYM, not just because I'm obsessed, but because of the numerous links to this website that I have seen whenever the bigger sites (msn, comcast, nbc) talk about the internet being abuzz about the latest conspiracy theories for the show. I think I followed a link like that the first time I ever came to this site and now I am a daily visitor. So show some love to the HIMYMers.
  • Great ideas for next season!

I think the producers and storie writers should create a story about Barney and Robin deciding on having kids. And that they find out robin is pregnant after the wedding. Knowing that she was told she could never have kids. The doctors made some kind of mix up with the test results for robin with another woman named robin. And there should be a blizsgiving II episode that was my favorite of all How I met your mother shows.
  • Really?

U got that show in 6th place and Arrow is out of top ten Arrow must be the 1st place and this maybe 10 cuz its drama is so slow and every episode is the same and its kinda boring except Barney and Robin but who is really boring and sick is Ted he look sucks.
  • Cute but not effective.

& harmless but maybe a bit some other things that since the actors involved have done good side movie projects from time to time. I think the case could be made that they deliberately avoid showing people who have other ethnicities than the core cast of the show which I find is separatist of the shows producers. Its more an issue of the times we live in versus the time we don't live in. My world is usually full of all different types of people. I guess this is a show for those whose world is not like that. In the final assessment that makes this show essentially just another example of 'the white weenie show', despite it having some good looking & intelligent young women in the cast. Its not the only sitcom that suffers from this type of thing today. Its also not something that you usually hear anyone talking about. It makes me feel uncomfortable personally.
  • Legendary

The best sitcom ever! But under the title it says "ended 2013". There is one more season left!
  • Funny

Funny movie. Handsome actress. Nice
  • Astonished

amazing episode!!!! At least wwe now know theres still a season to go.
  • My prediction(s) for the series finale - submitted April 11, 2013

I figured this would be the best way to "time stamp" this, in case I'm actually right!

1. The very last minute of the series will be Ted finishing his story, the relieved kids jumping up and preparing to escape, and being stopped by the mother (either seen on screen or in camera-view perspective like Future Ted), who forces them to sit down and listen to her story about "How I Met Your Father". They groan and complain; fade to black. It's no secret that the show creators filmed a secret scene with the kids back at the beginning of Season 2 (before they got too old to play the parts) that directly dealt with the mother; I believe this will be that scene.

2. Creators Carter and Bay wrote the theme song "Hey Beautiful" (of which we get the last ten seconds for the opening credits). I predict the Mother, who is a bass player in a band, will play that song (possibly at Barney's wedding or her own) in its entirety.

3. Somehow, SOMEHOW, the computer dating service from Season 1 will come into it. After Ted and the Mother (who is NOT anyone we've ever seen as another character) meet, he/they discover the computer has them as a perfect match.

3. Ted's alive... Mother's alive... everyone's alive and married and happy. No death in the finale.

Anyhoo, that's my dip into Nostradamusism. Let's see where we are in a year or so...
  • lucy kelly

• Is future mom alive?

The way Ted teared up at the end of the March 25 episode made me wonder if the mom is deceased when he is telling the story to his kids, or seriously ill? Just the way he looked when he said what he wouldn't give for 45 minutes, even 45 seconds, more time with her. Maybe he is really just that anxious to meet her...
  • STOP WITH THE BREAKS!

OH MY GOD! Every one episode we get 2 weeks break. Seriously? I'm almost giving up on this.
  • Lily sucks!

3.5
    Whoever was the writer that came up with this character is a douche. Lily sucks! If her character dropped out of sight, nothing would be missed. There is nothing about her that's interesting, smart, witty, or cute. When they approved the script, they didn't think about the future or reruns, because it definitely doesn't make me want to buy the collection simply to avoid seeing Lily ever again. I'm only watching to find out who Ted marries. Every other character in the plot is cool, but Lily ruins everything about the show. This is not a nice story that I'd want to buy for future watching. Lily takes all of that away, and as soon as the series is over I will never watch it again!
  • Emotional review by me:)

Simple things,only few words. I don't know if it's the great actors, the wonderful plot, the cast I really don't know. But I love HIMYM. I cannot live without HIMYM. It's my favourite show of all time. And I have watched a lot of show from many different countries. Science fiction . And HIMYM it's a mixure of all this. So one reason I love HIMYM is this one. So after this shows I imagined me as one of the characters. Most as a witch, a queen, a prince or something really girlie. For the first time of my whole life I imagined my self sitting with them at McLarens drinking and laughing and having the time of my life. And this was the first time I wanted to be just me but with the right friends around me. With the right love so much this show that after a little time I watched it I totally forgot the mother and the only thing I want was just to know what's going on with their lifes, live their best moments together,feel like a part of their clique. So I made a promise. I am going to go in NY sit on their table at McLarens with the my friends who I've decided they are the right for me and create with them legendary moments. & for the end I want to comment this I said before about 15 words. My favourite quote of all is this one. ''Make every night legendary'' & I will. That's my promise.
  • HOW I CHANGED THE CHANNEL

I watched, and watched, and watched, sighed, chuckled, sighed, then I used the remote control to change it again.
  • You're killing me Smalls!

Seasons one through three were amazing, and they had a few good episodes in season four, but I stopped watching it after season six. The writers took a very interesting and funny evolving story, and replaced it with the "gag of the week". HIMYM has become a procedural comedy, with such winners as "The Fight", "Intervention", and "Rabbit or Duck". Community lost it's show runner and has started to falter, but this horse died four seasons ago and has already decomposed, but manages to get viewers and a renewal each year. It amazes me that Americans tune in each week for this garbage, but refused to give shows such as Pushing Daisies, Better off Ted, and Arrested Development a chance. I find it odd that the seasons this show was good, it had some of its worst ratings. It goes to show you people would rather TV present something completely devoid of substance and wit, for the sake of d!ck and fart jokes. I feel as though we as a society are worse off for this continuous decline in television, soon Showtime and HBO will be the last bastion for television, that doesn't require you to kill a couple hundred thousand brain cells so you can laugh at it's asinine humor.
  • Big Fan!

I love this show! I think in a way it relates to Friends but the writers definitely added more to this show than what Friends ever had. I know this show should come to an end soon but I don't think it's getting old. This show somewhat relates to reality and just like the real lives of 30 year olds there is so much more to come.
  • Classic Humour all there

This one comes on TVs a lot, and watching it is always a lot of fun. Ok the only problem I have is... they drag out this plot on how Ted has met their "mother" for long enough... yes this was just a nitpick especially to the name of the show.

But in my case, I just really enjoy what is going on in all these episodes, and Neil Patrick Harris has probably got his best role ever (Aside from all his OTHER best roles ever)

Overall, this is an enjoyable show to watch, especially with friends
  • Big Bang v How I Met....

Personally, I wanna see a cross over where Penny hooks up with Ted and they get married and start thier own spin off show. They can call it "How I Banged your Mother".
  • Getting bored

I was a big fan of HIMYM but I think it is becoming boring as it doesn't bring anything new and funny anymore. I think it should be ended while it still goodish. Really, please, show us THE MOTHER once and for all!! Thanks :)
  • Friends couch?

There are so many elements of FRIENDS copied in this TV show which doesn't bother me too much as both shows are AWESOME (though HIMYM still has to stand the test of time as FRIENDS has). But seriously? putting the characters on a couch styled very closely after the FRIENDS one in the above pic?? im pretty sure no such sofa exists in HIMYM. Just putting it out there.. like i said im a huge fan of both shows.
  • getting to where it was...

i really liked seasons 1-4. 5 was watchable, but the whole s6 and a big chunk of s7 was unbearable to me... maybe, if they would somehow squeeze seasons 5-7 into one season...

it seems like the show is getting back iin its previous track with season 8... apart from a few of the earlier episodes, i really enjoyed it.

i dont think this is a show where you watch a few episodes here and there and you instantly love you... for that i think you have to watch at least the whole first season and then youre hooked :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10