How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 4 of 22

• Astonished

amazing episode!!!! At least wwe now know theres still a season to go.
  • My prediction(s) for the series finale - submitted April 11, 2013

I figured this would be the best way to "time stamp" this, in case I'm actually right!

1. The very last minute of the series will be Ted finishing his story, the relieved kids jumping up and preparing to escape, and being stopped by the mother (either seen on screen or in camera-view perspective like Future Ted), who forces them to sit down and listen to her story about "How I Met Your Father". They groan and complain; fade to black. It's no secret that the show creators filmed a secret scene with the kids back at the beginning of Season 2 (before they got too old to play the parts) that directly dealt with the mother; I believe this will be that scene.

2. Creators Carter and Bay wrote the theme song "Hey Beautiful" (of which we get the last ten seconds for the opening credits). I predict the Mother, who is a bass player in a band, will play that song (possibly at Barney's wedding or her own) in its entirety.

3. Somehow, SOMEHOW, the computer dating service from Season 1 will come into it. After Ted and the Mother (who is NOT anyone we've ever seen as another character) meet, he/they discover the computer has them as a perfect match.

3. Ted's alive... Mother's alive... everyone's alive and married and happy. No death in the finale.

Anyhoo, that's my dip into Nostradamusism. Let's see where we are in a year or so...
  • lucy kelly

• Is future mom alive?

The way Ted teared up at the end of the March 25 episode made me wonder if the mom is deceased when he is telling the story to his kids, or seriously ill? Just the way he looked when he said what he wouldn't give for 45 minutes, even 45 seconds, more time with her. Maybe he is really just that anxious to meet her...
  • STOP WITH THE BREAKS!

OH MY GOD! Every one episode we get 2 weeks break. Seriously? I'm almost giving up on this.
  • Lily sucks!

3.5
    Whoever was the writer that came up with this character is a douche. Lily sucks! If her character dropped out of sight, nothing would be missed. There is nothing about her that's interesting, smart, witty, or cute. When they approved the script, they didn't think about the future or reruns, because it definitely doesn't make me want to buy the collection simply to avoid seeing Lily ever again. I'm only watching to find out who Ted marries. Every other character in the plot is cool, but Lily ruins everything about the show. This is not a nice story that I'd want to buy for future watching. Lily takes all of that away, and as soon as the series is over I will never watch it again!
  • Emotional review by me:)

Simple things,only few words. I don't know if it's the great actors, the wonderful plot, the cast I really don't know. But I love HIMYM. I cannot live without HIMYM. It's my favourite show of all time. And I have watched a lot of show from many different countries. Science fiction . And HIMYM it's a mixure of all this. So one reason I love HIMYM is this one. So after this shows I imagined me as one of the characters. Most as a witch, a queen, a prince or something really girlie. For the first time of my whole life I imagined my self sitting with them at McLarens drinking and laughing and having the time of my life. And this was the first time I wanted to be just me but with the right friends around me. With the right love so much this show that after a little time I watched it I totally forgot the mother and the only thing I want was just to know what's going on with their lifes, live their best moments together,feel like a part of their clique. So I made a promise. I am going to go in NY sit on their table at McLarens with the my friends who I've decided they are the right for me and create with them legendary moments. & for the end I want to comment this I said before about 15 words. My favourite quote of all is this one. ''Make every night legendary'' & I will. That's my promise.
  • HOW I CHANGED THE CHANNEL

I watched, and watched, and watched, sighed, chuckled, sighed, then I used the remote control to change it again.
  • You're killing me Smalls!

Seasons one through three were amazing, and they had a few good episodes in season four, but I stopped watching it after season six. The writers took a very interesting and funny evolving story, and replaced it with the "gag of the week". HIMYM has become a procedural comedy, with such winners as "The Fight", "Intervention", and "Rabbit or Duck". Community lost it's show runner and has started to falter, but this horse died four seasons ago and has already decomposed, but manages to get viewers and a renewal each year. It amazes me that Americans tune in each week for this garbage, but refused to give shows such as Pushing Daisies, Better off Ted, and Arrested Development a chance. I find it odd that the seasons this show was good, it had some of its worst ratings. It goes to show you people would rather TV present something completely devoid of substance and wit, for the sake of d!ck and fart jokes. I feel as though we as a society are worse off for this continuous decline in television, soon Showtime and HBO will be the last bastion for television, that doesn't require you to kill a couple hundred thousand brain cells so you can laugh at it's asinine humor.
  • Big Fan!

I love this show! I think in a way it relates to Friends but the writers definitely added more to this show than what Friends ever had. I know this show should come to an end soon but I don't think it's getting old. This show somewhat relates to reality and just like the real lives of 30 year olds there is so much more to come.
  • Classic Humour all there

This one comes on TVs a lot, and watching it is always a lot of fun. Ok the only problem I have is... they drag out this plot on how Ted has met their "mother" for long enough... yes this was just a nitpick especially to the name of the show.

But in my case, I just really enjoy what is going on in all these episodes, and Neil Patrick Harris has probably got his best role ever (Aside from all his OTHER best roles ever)

Overall, this is an enjoyable show to watch, especially with friends
  • Big Bang v How I Met....

Personally, I wanna see a cross over where Penny hooks up with Ted and they get married and start thier own spin off show. They can call it "How I Banged your Mother".
  • Getting bored

I was a big fan of HIMYM but I think it is becoming boring as it doesn't bring anything new and funny anymore. I think it should be ended while it still goodish. Really, please, show us THE MOTHER once and for all!! Thanks :)
  • Friends couch?

There are so many elements of FRIENDS copied in this TV show which doesn't bother me too much as both shows are AWESOME (though HIMYM still has to stand the test of time as FRIENDS has). But seriously? putting the characters on a couch styled very closely after the FRIENDS one in the above pic?? im pretty sure no such sofa exists in HIMYM. Just putting it out there.. like i said im a huge fan of both shows.
  • getting to where it was...

i really liked seasons 1-4. 5 was watchable, but the whole s6 and a big chunk of s7 was unbearable to me... maybe, if they would somehow squeeze seasons 5-7 into one season...

it seems like the show is getting back iin its previous track with season 8... apart from a few of the earlier episodes, i really enjoyed it.

i dont think this is a show where you watch a few episodes here and there and you instantly love you... for that i think you have to watch at least the whole first season and then youre hooked :)
  • great

they should make show later that says "how i was with your mother"
  • wheres my mommy

wow meet her already shows jumping the shark
  • How "how i met your mother" lost me

Very inappropriate stuff relating to Jesus, who is, for the record, God, for many of us. (Discussion about how Jesus set the standard for "waiting for 3 days". Christians don't appreciate associating Him with crass humor about sex. Too bad - the general theme of this comedy is good, great acting, and I've seen some worthy shows. But you lost me tonight. In the future, I'll make sure these writers are NOT contributors to comedies I chose to let my family watch.
  • Best Show Ever!!!

You might ask why is this the best show ever?

First of all Robin is never the mother, he always refer to her as Aunt Robin, but this has been known from Episode One in Season One, where he says this is the story of how I met your Aunt

All of the Characters are central characters and do make a strong team all together, but Lily and Marshall, Barney (Awesome) and Robin, Ted who is narrating and telling things from his point of view,

Then you have each episode which takes a funny or non funny subject, but displays it in a way that really makes you laugh,

I don't care if this how new york rolls or not, it is not supposed to be about people spending their whole days at work and having no time to do nothing, that would be boring,

And if you want to watch 4 or 5 episodes and not laugh it is possible, because this is a show that either you love or for one do not love FRIENDS that much and think that How I Met Your Mother is way, way better, plus it is not even close to FRIENDS, different story different character types but they are friends (the only thing in common),

So all in all, Amazing, and Thumbs Up :)
  • People will laugh at anything

I think the longest I have been able to watch this show is a few minutes -

Hint - A comedy needs to be funny.

Perhaps all the American writers have been outsourced and they have hired Indians or Chinese who don't have a clue about what is actually funny.

Also - this isn't a true representation of New York Life. True New Yorkers that aren't uber wealthy, don't have time to hang out in bars for hours on end with their friends - they are too busy working late and trying to miss the next slew of layoffs. Friends was more realistic - because the only kind of social life most working New Yorkers have is with the people they live with.
  • Awful!

This show jumped the shark ages ago! Cancel it and lets get something new and fresh on please!
  • together

want ted and robin together ! in end of series
  • I Love This Show

I absolutely love this show. I think it is hilarious and has something many other comedies don't because it always goes back to story lines that happened in the first season that never felt quite finished, and play them out. Also, the characters are always the same, so when Rachel Bilson plays one of Ted's girlfriends in season 5, she plays his ex-girlfriend in season 6. I also love how there is never an overlap of story. It flows very easy and the keep the timeline pretty accurate.
  • Review UP!!!!

This is a really good show, i never thought i would watch this show based on the title, but this is a really good show, funny, and AWESOME
  • Bro..

AWESOME show ! !
  • please let this be the final season... no more

the only reason i watched himym so long was to finally get closure on this series, which stopped being funny with season 4. Some episodes afterwards made me smile now and then.. but honestly.. the former humorous insights into NYC culture and lifestyle have become a thing of the distant past. characters aren't evolving but regress to some level of cheesy monotonous marriage crazed two dimensional beings. The former cocky portrayal of modern social life has become nothing more than the usual routine of traditional american way of married life. So... sad...
  • i dont get it

i've 4 episodes and didnt laugh once - i just dont get how this is so popular
  • Fun show but when are we going to met the mother

I love this show. But now the show is in season 8. I hope that they make season 9 with the mother of Ted. Maybe they could age the kid from Lily and Marshall. Like when he is 10 or so???
  • Not funny

Watched three episodes, didn't laugh once, not once. This show is worst than a poor mans' 'Friends'; its not even in the same hemisphere as 'Friends', and yet it try's so hard to be like it. It's r even worst when you have a well-known homosexual like Neal Patrick Harris playing (over the top and completely unconvincingly, I might add), an over-sexed, womanizing letch - there's not that much acting in the world to get us to believe that. And yet, it's in syndication. Go figure.
  • Just amazing

This last episode was one of the most amazing episodes of the show.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10