How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 5 of 22

• Best Show Ever!!!

You might ask why is this the best show ever?

First of all Robin is never the mother, he always refer to her as Aunt Robin, but this has been known from Episode One in Season One, where he says this is the story of how I met your Aunt

All of the Characters are central characters and do make a strong team all together, but Lily and Marshall, Barney (Awesome) and Robin, Ted who is narrating and telling things from his point of view,

Then you have each episode which takes a funny or non funny subject, but displays it in a way that really makes you laugh,

I don't care if this how new york rolls or not, it is not supposed to be about people spending their whole days at work and having no time to do nothing, that would be boring,

And if you want to watch 4 or 5 episodes and not laugh it is possible, because this is a show that either you love or for one do not love FRIENDS that much and think that How I Met Your Mother is way, way better, plus it is not even close to FRIENDS, different story different character types but they are friends (the only thing in common),

So all in all, Amazing, and Thumbs Up :)
  • People will laugh at anything

I think the longest I have been able to watch this show is a few minutes -

Hint - A comedy needs to be funny.

Perhaps all the American writers have been outsourced and they have hired Indians or Chinese who don't have a clue about what is actually funny.

Also - this isn't a true representation of New York Life. True New Yorkers that aren't uber wealthy, don't have time to hang out in bars for hours on end with their friends - they are too busy working late and trying to miss the next slew of layoffs. Friends was more realistic - because the only kind of social life most working New Yorkers have is with the people they live with.
  • Awful!

This show jumped the shark ages ago! Cancel it and lets get something new and fresh on please!
  • together

want ted and robin together ! in end of series
  • I Love This Show

I absolutely love this show. I think it is hilarious and has something many other comedies don't because it always goes back to story lines that happened in the first season that never felt quite finished, and play them out. Also, the characters are always the same, so when Rachel Bilson plays one of Ted's girlfriends in season 5, she plays his ex-girlfriend in season 6. I also love how there is never an overlap of story. It flows very easy and the keep the timeline pretty accurate.
  • Review UP!!!!

This is a really good show, i never thought i would watch this show based on the title, but this is a really good show, funny, and AWESOME
  • Bro..

AWESOME show ! !
  • please let this be the final season... no more

the only reason i watched himym so long was to finally get closure on this series, which stopped being funny with season 4. Some episodes afterwards made me smile now and then.. but honestly.. the former humorous insights into NYC culture and lifestyle have become a thing of the distant past. characters aren't evolving but regress to some level of cheesy monotonous marriage crazed two dimensional beings. The former cocky portrayal of modern social life has become nothing more than the usual routine of traditional american way of married life. So... sad...
  • i dont get it

i've 4 episodes and didnt laugh once - i just dont get how this is so popular
  • Fun show but when are we going to met the mother

I love this show. But now the show is in season 8. I hope that they make season 9 with the mother of Ted. Maybe they could age the kid from Lily and Marshall. Like when he is 10 or so???
  • Not funny

Watched three episodes, didn't laugh once, not once. This show is worst than a poor mans' 'Friends'; its not even in the same hemisphere as 'Friends', and yet it try's so hard to be like it. It's r even worst when you have a well-known homosexual like Neal Patrick Harris playing (over the top and completely unconvincingly, I might add), an over-sexed, womanizing letch - there's not that much acting in the world to get us to believe that. And yet, it's in syndication. Go figure.
  • Just amazing

This last episode was one of the most amazing episodes of the show.
  • Fun show

Some of the Episodes were better than others but I like this show. The Cast has awesome chemistry and they just work really well together. I like how each character is just as interesting as the main character Ted. None of them seem to over shadow each other.

Definitely worth watching.
  • Everything but the protagonist

I think this is a fantastic show with great I do find myself more interested in the other characters and their stories rather than Ted's quest for the mother.

• Worth watching after

The show characters are pretty charming and soon enough you recognize them as easily as we all did with the friends' cast.

Highly recommended!!!
  • Surprisingly not that bad.

At first just from hearing of the show, I thought lame. Although after a few episodes I got into to enough to finish the series in about a months time. Not my favorite show but again not to shabby. I am not generally a comedy show type of person but this was enjoyable. The show is about a guy telling his two kids about how he met their mother. He tells them stories of girls he and his two best friends had dated Barney (the womanizer) and Marshall (the committed), along with Lily (Marshall's girl and the mother of the group). Robin (weird girlfriend who turns in to a friend). He tells many stories and hints at future stories. Its not all that bad give it a try!!!!
  • Head-Bashingly Bad

I don't get the infatuation with this show. I've watched numerous episodes simply because my friends somehow like it and reruns are ALWAYS on. Like pretty much all CBS sitcoms ever, it's unbearably unfunny. Generally speaking, about midway through the show I turn my attention to the nearest wall and consider ramming my head against it repeatedly. If I ever meet a real Ted Mosby, I might just break his neck. Not even joking.
  • A clever title goes here!

i like this show but it is not the best there is manly reruns
  • Great Show

How I met your Mother is an amazing show with believable characters. it is about Ted Mosby relating to his children How he met their Mom 25 years back, Barney Stinson is my favourite so funny all the time and the rest of the show are also great. It is different than most comedies which tries too hard to be funny and a sort of dramedy.
  • best show on televison

i think that the mother will be barneys sister because when you meet barneys dad he says that barney has a sister who is in college and ted has said multiple times that his wife is in college and that would actually make barney and robin aunt robin and uncle barney
  • This show is GREAT !! unlike those R E A L I T Y TV shows which suc !!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • dumb show

I dont know how it is a high rated show its dumb not even funny it makes me wonder about people's mentality and IQ. It just is not funny. At all.
  • I think the mother is

I've been thinking the mother is Robyn's sister maybe.
  • I absolutely deplore this show

A family member recommended it. I tried, I really did, but the comedy .level is so low-brow, it makes me wonder about people's mentality and IQ. It just is not funny. At all.
  • Victoria vs Robin

Does anyone still think he'll end up with Victoria? Coz he said he meets his wife at a wedding and he met Victoria at a wedding, he met Robin at the bar.
  • How I Met Your Mother

Comedy/Drama TV - SHOW. About a man name Ted looking for his true love. I think Ted really want to find a relationship like his best friend Marshall & Lily. The First 5 season is great. The doppelganger is also a get twist in the show. Barney bring the comedy & Robin bring the Drama to the show. they are a good balance to the show. Very good show Overall 8+
  • A great show

There is just something about this show that makes want to watch another episode to another episode
  • Jumped the shark?

I am a big fan of How I Met Your Mother, but I have to say with the latest season I think it's becoming obvious that this show needs to end and soon. Also I use to root for Ted he was a good central character but now I can't help but think he's only still in the show because it's the story of how he meets his wife. I am now more inclined to see what is happening with Barney since he is a much more interesting character than Ted and his love story with Robin is the one most people want to see now, whereas with Ted we all just want to hurry up and see who the mother is! We have watched Barney grow from a one night stand loving bachelor to a man falling in love and trying to better himself. I still love the show but it needs to end while it still has a chance on ending on a great note.
  • Despite everything...

Best sitcom I've ever watched, and I know, the newest episodes are kind of... bad. But it's still the best. It was the first sitcom I've ever considered better than friends, come on. Friends!
  • Barney top, all else hop.

I have to say, I'm just watching the show because of Neil Patrick Harris. The rest of the cast just sucks.

Alyson: We all saw you in American Pie sticking a flute up *peep*. That's why we like you. But you are playing the same character in this show. Sexually experienced open-to-everything-redhead with a virgin for a boyfriend/husband.

Jason: Sorry, you're a decent comedian, but not a good actor and in this category you are in good company with your kind look-alikes Seth Rogan, Zach Galifianakis and Jonah Hill.

Josh: I like your surname, it's really cool. Even sounds cool spellt backwards. Rondar - sounds like Conan's sidekick. But that's really all there is to you. I know, the writers made your cahracter into what it is, but you're just so bleedin' BORING and self-righteous. Get a life! And keep one of the girls you shag! You must be way ahead of Barney!

Cobie: Sorry, but you are ugly. Everyone single one of my friends, co-workers and people I meet on the street agree. There's the sex, boyish, closet lesbian who gives men a wet night's dream, and then there's you.

BARNEY! Bro (I hate that word), you're the best! I said to my pals while watching Harold & Kumar, watch out for this one, he'll be back, oh yes, and he was! Nice job! Don't hang out with Elton John too much, his suits are not your style!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10