How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 7 of 22

• love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a perfect show telling a story is more fun when you see it
  • Boring, low-grade knock-off material!!!

4.5
    People are going to forget, that's what this show is based on! Copying every little fun factor from series like Friends, Frasier & Cheers, then ruining them by exaggeration and stupid plots. ("Naked Man" episode anyone? They used 10 seconds of Friends & turned it into a full cheap episode!)

First season was better however but now, characters don't have characters, they do all kind of stupid stunts just to look funny. You can't trust any of them, they all change in every episode one way or another!

The reason this show is shining at the moment is the lack of a decent sitcom and most of the fans are non-English speakers! (Don't give me Big Bang Theory, that Sheldon guy didn't even hesitate to use the exact same phrases Niles Crane used to say, I can't stand that one either!)
  • Love it!

This show is one of my favorites. It makes me laugh every time I watch a new episode. The only thing that's annoying is that HIMYM has recently been taking very long breaks on making new episodes. They've been releasing new ones like once every three weeks! I hate how every show does this..
  • I liiiike

Hi, I'm french and I have to say we have no series as awesome as How I met your mother in my country, I like that ! (Sorry for my english ><)
  • Too many re-runs/breaks

I LOVE this show. I think it's well-written and extremely funny. On thing however, is I find they have way too many gaps between episodes. It's been awhile since they aired two episodes two weeks in a row. That is something they should fix for sure.
  • Last season is awsome

Barney, Lilly and Marshall are so funny. Great to see Becki Newton's addition to the show. She is beautiful. But the show can can go without robin and Ted and still be funny. Their characters are completely missed.
  • Getting tired...

I used to love this show - now I don't mind if I miss it. Barney has turned from fun to an idiot and the show seems to be straining to be entertaining. Meet the mother already and end it before the show looses all self-respect.
  • LAST EPISOD

what if the last episode the mother just enters the room where the story's been told, hears Ted then laughs out and says "apparently kids, you're father followed me on twitter. that's hw we met." lol
  • Could not be any better than what it is right now: An almost near perfect show that I don't watch very much

I know I don't really watch the show all that much, but when I do I need comedy in my life because without comedy life would be boring. Anyways, my favorite character is Barney and all the other characters are good too, but nowhere near as funny as Barney is. The random jokes throughout the show is what keeps me glued to the TV for the next 30 minutes until something stupid comes on and then I have to change the channel. Yep, this is definitely one of my favorite shows that is just as good as the 90's classics that we all grew up with.
  • BEST SERIES IN THE WHOLE FREEKING WORLD!!

I WATCH THIS SERIES WHEN IM HAPPY WHEN IM SAD, ON GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS, I LIVE FOR THIS SHOW!!

make watch an episode i will say it word to word.... and i still laugh at the jokes i have heard atleast 10 times!!

this show may have it s ups and downs(season 7) but i will never stop loving i will never lose respect for it!!

I LOVE HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!!!
  • the best

himym is the best tv show on earth should be no.1
  • FAVOURITE SHOW <3

i just love it. it has everything - entertainment, drama, jokes, life lessons and so on. All 5 of them are legend-wait for it-dary. It could be longer than 20 minutes thou :(
  • Losing respect for this show.

I use to love this show. I watched it every day, and seasons 1-6 were amazing. Season seven, however, has been a HUGE disappoinment compared to the other seasons. I feel that they have gotten lazy with the writing and many things in this show are far fetched. Here's a list of everything that has pissed me off about this show in recent episodes...

-Lily's unrealistic actions due to her "pregnancy brain."

-Marshal getting trapped on the roof by his new teenage neighbor. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN!

-Lily's dad is in no way funny.

-The episode where Marshal and Lily's apartment, that they went into extreme debt to afford, suddenly became "too small," and Robin kept knocking over lamps. That's not funny. It's corny and reminds me of something that would be on a 1980's crappy sitcom.

-The fact that Robin's long time boyfriend Kevin is a virgin. That's a terrible way of concluding that Kevin could not be the father of Robin's baby if she was indeed pragnant. Also, Robin likes sex too much. Sorry HIMYM... Wrong again.

-I hated how easy it was for Ted to find the slutty pumpkin. (not a terrible episode though).

-I didn't like how Nora reacted to Barney cheating. She has slapped him across the face before. You would think that she would be a little more upset....

-I hated when Lily's father's bees escaped from the basement. That honestly ruined that episode for me. So far fetched.

-When Marshal gets "attacked by a bear" in the hurricane episode multiple times. Absolutely stupid.

-When Robin has screaming fits in this season.

-When we find out soo soon that Robin was never a mom. I would have liked to think that she could adopt if she ever does meet the right guy.

Even if you don't agree with what I believe is or isn't funny, if you are a die hard fan, you would agree that season 7 is by far the WORST of all the seasons. I don't know what the fuck happened, but I want it to be the way it use to be. It makes me really upset when I watch the old episodes and think about how good they use to be.
  • Best Show !

I did not even know this show existed I recently left my job And have been

Bored to death at my boyfriends I started watching how I met your mother on Netflix

I couldnt stop after the first few episodes it's well put together and it's cute that they are all best friends and they are funny! They are all great actors and actress' you would think they were all best friends in real life I'm so obsessed I watched every season and episode and stay up all night watching them! I even got my boyfriend into it and he doesnt just like any show. Hopefully they keep the show funny and it doesn't start to get stupid like most shows

Its exciting to watch I love Barney and Robin!! I hope they end up together! Awesome show!'<3. score

• HIMYM is LEGEN...Wait For It...

Since Season One I have always said How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is my favorite television show currently on air. I have turned countless friends on to the show and have bonded with more people than I can name over our love and devotion to HIMYM. It is a more modern take on my all-time-favorite television show Friends. Plus, who can resist Neil Patrick Harris' over-the-top comedic acting?

However, I have sadly been wondering this season (Season 7) what has happened to the show I loved? The everyday humor that we can all relate to isn't there any more, instead we're left with : "Really? In what universe would that ever happen?" I no longer make sure my Monday nights are free, and instead am perfectly fine picking up the most recent episode a few days later online. The show has begun to start to redeem itself starting with the episode titled "Rebound Girl," so hopefully they'll be able to find their footing again.

HIMYM is definitely worth the watch if you haven't tuned in yet, if not just for the awesomeness of NPH. Make it through Season One and the show really finds its groove (do people use that word anymore?). Plus I still have faith in the writers and producers that the show will end on a high, rather than disappointingly low, note.

Rating: 10 -- I've been a devoted fan since Season One; even if the show completely sucks come Season Ten (fingers crossed!) I'll be standing by my rating

....DARY (and you probably thought I forgot ;)
  • LEGENDARY

i love this show! not only is it funny but its got an awesome storyline to it and always got something big going on which makes it incredibly addictive! always look forward to the new episode, i just hate thats its only on for 20 minutes!
  • HIMYM is off base in some ways. The title of the show is "HIMYM", and older ted is supposed to be telling their kids about how they met, and the show claims he is, but technically he's not. He always keeps telling these endless stories about him and past

previous girlfriends and relationships, and it was great, appealing and everything from the beginning and all of seasons one through four, and even moslly in season five. But by season 6, that was when that piece to the plot had started to wear thin and had over outworn it cuteness and appeal. Clearly, by season 6 is when they should have started to start wrapping it in, bring in where he and his wife finally meet, get together, and son on. And this season, season 7, should have been it's last. But it's going to at least a season 8, and thats not a good way to go. It'll just keep sliding down and jumping the shark even more that it has startes to in season six. I might like the show better if many things to it were done differently, and another one of my big issues with it and with everything on cbs is they trash the other networks and spread false tablod and false gossip about them.

• My favorite show!

After Friends, this is my favorite show. Love, love , love the cast! It's just Legen... wait for it... dary! so just SUIT UP and watch the show every week
  • To the people who have written they dislike this show.

Most of the people who have given bad reviews, have obviously not watched many episodes. There have been very few sitcoms that could hold up with this show. Even if you hated the actors you would still have to admire the uniqueness of the storyline. Think about it, with all of the jumping back and forth through the the past it could be so easy to have the storyline be inconsistent. They have so many details to remember and keep right, so they match what happened. and they do it masterfully.
  • highly entertaining

I just started watching this last month and already im hooked. I love hoe the stories and plots from different episodes intertwine and you get to see things from previous episodes that you didnt even know happened while watching the first time. I cant wait to see where this ends up :)
  • embarrassing

I just don't get the attraction of this show, it looks like it suppose to be aimed at people who think they're "mature" its drivel, and any time i see that Neil Patrick Harris i have an overwhelming urge to punch him.
  • One of the most entertaining TV Show which i ever been watched

How I Met Your Mother is perfect entertaining show for me because of having a mixture of Emotions, Love, Good script, Comedy, Fun and last but not the list sometime little bit Suspense. Specially i like the role of Ted.
  • "How I met your mother" became part of my life

Ted, Marshal, Lily, Barney, Robin are my best friends, despite the fact that they don` t exist!!! Thank you very much for this show! It so real, so close, so right and so funny!!! Adorable!!!
  • TVanswers

i love the show! best ever. i just wanna find out for definate who the mother is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uey3bk0P4 <-- alot of theories
  • EPIC!

This show is epic! The story with the mother isn't the core of the whole show anymore. But the show's amazing anyway. Refreshing, because there are just dramas everywhere (90210, Gossip Girl, Brother's & Sisters and so on.../ i like them, but there are so many good dramas, but not that much good sitcoms) and How I Met Your Mother is definitly a good sitcom! The gang (Lily, Marshall, Robin...) is just great! This friendship is so funny and authentic! But I think they should end the show after season 8 or 9. It'll be the best.
  • I Love It

Best show ever i never get tired of it. Keeps me on the edge of my seat(:
  • How I met your mother

This has to be my favourite show by far the characters are amazing the actors make the characters even better. Each week I can't wait to see the next episode.
  • Best show ever!

The show is soooo fun! The storyline is intruding,the characters atre funny,,and the comedy is hilarious!
  • What yu think about Robin??

i think robin is a hoe... she done slept w/ everyone but Marshal
  • Show is complete garbage.

0.5
    Why is this trash on television?
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11