How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 8 of 21

• The show is not going anywhere. When is he going to meet the mother?

4.5

The writers somehow lost sight of the show's premise. The show is getting boring and ridiculous. Please show us some story lines with substance not just the characters sleeping around with different people or the other group members. Show us some quality writing instead of the same old lame scenarios.

• I think this is one of the most overrated series on tv right now. Although it started of really good, and i really mean it (first seasons where fantastic), it was gone shabby and poor.

Although the first couple of season where actually pretty amazing to watch, bursting in laughter at each episode, today the series is of a lost interest and lacking actual concern for the content. Guess in the strive for quantity, someone forgot about quality. I used to expect every single week for an new episode with excitement, nowadays i only watch if there's nothing else of matter. I would like to say that i wish it gets better. In another thought i think it's getting boring because on avoiding to show the mother of the kids they are really pushing the limit of tolerance. I guess the only way of the show to improve is to finally tell us how Ted met her, and therefore dealing with the inevitable and challenging the creative vacum that is the show now.

• After years of being huge "How I Met Your Mother" fans, we are sadly disappointed by Season 7, so far. This includes the Slutty Pumpkin episode.

4.5

The show feels so different than in earlier years. The characters seem too extreme and events too far fetched and unrealistic. In prior years, fantasy moments were explained as being within a character's thoughts or dreams. However, this season, we are confused by implausible events such as Barney suddenly appearing from a cloud of smoke wearing an Uncle Sam outfit as a U.S. flag appears. The scenes also jumps around uncomfortably. We truly miss the dialogue, characters and feel of earlier seasons.

• Great show, great acting... but...

I do love this show, and usually, I am cracking up at so many of the episodes, but now, going into season 7, it is starting to get tired.

First, how appropriate is it to tell your kids about all the people you dated BEFORE you dated their mom? It started off romantic and cute, now I just feel like Ted is a man-whore in romantic's clothing.

My other thing that is starting to really bother me is the kids. He is speaking to his kids in the year 2030. His daughter looks to be AT LEAST 16. His son, at least 14. They truly look older than that, like 16 for the boy and 18 for the daughter. Though they aren't specific about the ages, that is the age range they look. So, if his daughter is 18, she was born in 2012. It is November of 2011 right now. If she is 16, they may have a few years, but it is still getting a little oboxious. Most people get married and wait a year or two before they have kids, and they don't get married the first day they meet, so you would think that they would be getting together fairly soon. I honestly think they could spend a year with Ted dating the mother before he reveals the surprise, but to be fair, it isn't, "How I proposed to your mother" just how he met her... guess they should have either made the kids younger, or the time frame further into the future.

I do love the show, I love Barney and how you can see his heart of gold, it just takes some trying, and I love The chemistry all of the characters have. I just would like a little bit more of a payoff, because really, it is starting to get a little old with no reward!!

• It is LEGEEEN!!! WAIT FOR IT....

DARY!!! LEGENDARY!!! It seems like there is one good traditional, multi-camera, laugh-track-filled sitcom with HIMYM being the one! How I Met Your Mother is, so far, one of the funniest sitcoms.Is it a coincidence that it is sandwiched between two of the other best traditional sitcoms on TV, "The King of Queens" and "Two and a Half Men?" For anyone longing for the next Friends, CBS offers a worthy candidate in How I Met Your Mother...

Comedies depend on appealing actors, and these five are irresistible! Barney's LEGENDARY quotes + tips on how to score women... Ted's race in finding the right woman. Robin's constant picking on being canadian and the sweet relationship of marshall & Lily... All combined make this great show...

I would recommend everyone watching this show... it is certain that after the first episode you wil be hooked forever! xD

Thanks for reading... Have a great day!!
  • Ups - and downs

For the most part I enjoy the show. But the show has its downs too that just makes me want to roll my eyes. Bob Saget's "Ted" talking to his children for one thing. I feel sorry for those kids having to listen to their father's endless story of how he did NOT meet their mother. There is absolutely no reason to waste liking Ted with any woman, because we know they will not end up together. So it is just best when he is single and trying to find someone. Pathetic Ted is the funniest. I really do not think Ted and Robin should have their little hook-ups. And Bob Saget telling his children how he banged "Aunt Robin". Enough of that. Robin and Barney makes a much better couple. One that could actually stick. Lily and Marshall however is a great couple, and are funny together without being too sugary sweet.
    A little too much of hitting strangers and sleeping around at times. A little too repetative jokes at times. But all in all, a 7.

• FUNNY & clever. This show gets better every season.

Ok, How I met your Mother even though it should be called 'the Barnie Show' it's very clever and always funny. All characters are great. The story keeps getting better every season. The lines are extremely funny - Love all Robbin Sparkles Videos - Overall this show is superb and it's one of the best comedies in television history (friends is still better though) Barnie, Lilly and Robin rule!

• A decent comedy with good characters and a healthy dose of charm.

At seven seasons, Ted's story of how he met the mother of his children must be the longest ever. But it has been a fun ride, if a bit slow or jerky at times. The best thing about HIMYM is that the characters are all well-developed and nearly all the episodes are solid. The only bad thing I can say about HIMYM is that I almost wish we could get to the end already and find out who this mysterious "mother" is. Lastly, no review of HIMYM is complete without a mention of the breakout character of Barney Stinson. He's legendaryness has been a big part of the show's entertainment. Overall, a good comedy worth watching, though not quite one of the best.

• Bob Saget narrates the story of how he met their mother to his two kids.

Of my new favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother revolves around Ted Moseby, a New York architect who, later down the road in 2030 (Bob Saget voicing) is telling his two kids the story of how he met their mother.

Ted's (Josh Radnor) stories revolve around his best friends and certain events during their mid-20's to early-30's time period. His friends: sex crazed Barney Stinson, (Neil Patrick Harris) goofy Marshall Erickson, (Jason Segal) the funny-for-a-girl Lily Erickson (Lily Aldrin) and the Canadian "new girl" Robin Scherbatsky. (Cobie Smulders)

Ted shares some of the stories between many of past girlfriends while the audience continues to guess who and how his kids' mother will be introduced to the storyline.

Ted has his moments, but can sometimes be the mature, stick-in-the-mud. His best guy friends, Marshall, and especially Barney are hilarious and their entire bromance is fun and funny to follow.

Lily marries Marshall after hesitating the first time he asked. For a girl, Lily does provide some laughs and she is a goofy character. The other main female role, though, Robin, can be sort of... well, I'm not sure how to explain it using kind words. Though both women are beautiful, Robin can be an irritant often.

It was a unique show idea and you can really say there's nothing else like this on television. Me among the millions of other How I Met Your Mother fans are anxious to meet the eventual Mrs. Ted Moseby.

• How I Met Your Mother - Hilarious, yet mediocre. It's worth a try.

HIMYM is a great show, but only due to a few aspects. I love the dynamic of the group, however at the same time I hate it. I hate the opening to every episode, infact I will go as far to say Ted is the worst character in the show; he's irritating and too inconsistent one minute he will sleep with some random girl then the next episode the writers will make him into someone that bases their lives upon strict morals.

Whilst we're on the topic of characters, if the show killed of the Barney character, the show would become 4/10, if Barney had a spin-off, I would probably watch that instead.

But, what do I know. I decided to give this show a try and it is worth it, if you are in a position where you are pondering the decision to buy or download the box-set; Give it a go!

• One of the worst show I ever watched on TV,it was way down below the sewer compared to Friends.

I accidentally turned to this show, sometime I had to tune to the station and muted it before two and Half Men came on. Barney is a terrible actor and his pretended and exaggerated facial expression and humor are much worst than Jim Carrey. I obsolutely could not stand short Lily, one of the worst actress in TV, probably she looked too young to play the part. Ted is not much better, his acting also sucked. The whole cast of this show exaggerated their dialogs and looked like they allread right off the script. I didn't know how could they survived so long since 2005.
  • Most awesome and legdendary comedy show ever!!Every season it just gets better,if that is even possible!!

How I Met Your Mother is a very clever,funny and yet emotionally charged comedy show!!

The characters evolve as seasons go by and it still remains very funny and hilarious!!The show has got heart and that's in my opinion is what it makes it such a hit!!

I love obviously Barney,this guy is off the charts and his character is a bit far-fetced,he is comedy material but that is why people love him because he goes to the extremes..He is awesome!!

Robin is a very strong and indipendent woman with some serious daddy issues and of course Canadian which provides the show with extremely funny jokes about her origins!!

Ted is the hopeless romantic type of guy who most of the time is down to earth and his persistance in finding true love is amazing and admirable!!

Marshall and Lily is the couple we (i think) all want to be because their love is timeless and edured many unfortunate situations that happenned through the seasons!!

In short this show is pretty amazing and I think most of you will enjoy it!!It has a great sense of humor!!

• 10 out of 5 star review

i really like this show it's really funny i started watching it because (i don't know her name on here so i'm just going to call her) Willow was on it and not for a day did i have any regrets about itexceptwhen i missed an episode

• As I usually love this show it is getting to serious. That is usually a sign it is fading

This is in my top two favorite shows. ( 2 1/2 men and How I met your mother, both CBS) but all of a sudden it is getting serious. I watch these shows for a laugh but now fathers are dying and all of the actors are crying. Brutal. Please keep a sit-com (com stands for comedy) as such - funny. The father character that played Marshall's Dad was awesome. Now they are all crying and he is dead, come on, I had to change the channel. The Minnesota bits are GOLD also the Canada bits, hugely funny. Please revert back to the funny and enticing shows that got you where you are now. Whenever a show changes its direction - its over. The Barney and Minnesota stuff keep it up, throw out the sad stuff - quickly. Chad
  • Friends, for the 2000's.

I argue How I Met Your Mother is the "friends" of the 2000's. Now,yes, the show itself is totally different,different cast, different characters, different plots, but the feeling, the feeling is the same. Central Perk is McClarens, and we (the audience) feel comfortable going back there each week with Barney, Robin, Lilly, Marshall and Ted. This is a show with comedy and heart and that is what i love most about it. I feel like these are my friends, and the things they say and feel, i know people who think and feel that way. It's all about the cast for me, each character is enjoyable and funny in their own way. This is my 'go-to' show when I'm down, or having a bad day, it makes me feel better and I could watch each episode over and over again, in fact I haven't met anyone yet who has seen the show and said they don't enjoy it. I highly recommend it!
    Also, in regards to the comments from people who are tired of "waiting" for the mother, I don't mind, I know the story is long, but i think it's central to the show to NOT know who the mother is, I'm just along for the ride, no matter how long that takes.
  • Starting to get sick of this show making fun of Canada.

I don't have anything else to say so I'll just paste this.

When writing your review, remember to keep the language clean. Reviews must be 100 words minimum. We encourage you to try to get your review right the first time--you may choose to edit it later on, but by doing so, you will lose any positive feedback associated with the review. We encourage you to write your review in a word processor or text editor, save it to your local disk, then copy and paste it in the box below. When writing your review, remember to keep the language clean. Reviews must be 100 words minimum. We encourage you to try to get your review right the first time--you may choose to edit it later on, but by doing so, you will lose any positive feedback associated with the review. We encourage you to write your review in a word processor or text editor, save it to your local disk, then copy and paste it in the box below.
  • How I Met Your Mother is a love story in reverse about how Ted Mosby decides that he wants to fall in love and get married.

How I Met Your Mother was great!...in the beginning I honestly can I say I liked the series in the beginning I watched season one not knowning what I should expect and I got a great suprise, I thought the series was funny, the story was also compelling. Season two kept bringing the laughs as Ted's search for his future wife continued. Season 3 was great also I didn't think the should could ever be disappointing...sadly I was wrong, when I started watching the fourth season I was let down, the series just wasn't that funny anymore, I also found that the lack of character developement stunted the series's growth by a lot, the story kept me watching but by the time I got to the Season five episodes my interest was lingering, season five had some funny episodes but the past two seasons have brought my rating of the show from 9.0 to a 6.0.
  • When is Ted going to meet this women?

I have to admit I did enjoy How I met your mother for the first two series, but since series three to five the script has become weaker and weaker. The jokes are no longer funny and all the characters are one dimensional. Marshall and Lilly are the two annoying couple. Barney and Robin are the two that sleep around with anything that moves and Ted is the irritating friend who spends his whole life obsessing about meeting the woman of his dreams. In a nutshell that sums up the whole of the last five series, and I not sure how much longer they are going to be able to drag mundane programme out for as you feel like losing the will to live just to see what this woman looks like.
  • This might even be the new FRIENDS!

This is a great show, the funniest comedy on TV nowadays and maybe comparable with "Friends". It's a funny, creative, interesting and innovative show, although underappreciated, with all that it takes to succeed in today's television. The story's told by flashbacks from the future, with the purpose of telling how Ted Mosby met his wife, the mother of his kids, for whom the story's being told to. It all begins when his best friend Marshall tells Ted he's going to propose to Lilly, his long date girlfriend. Under this news, Ted realizes he wants to find a girl and settle down, and to help him there's his friend Barney and Robin, a girl that he meets and falls in love with. Everyone should watch it at least once.
  • How i meet your mother isn't alone being average,The New Adventures Of Old Christine is the same while Caveman been absolute garbage.Everybody Hates Chris,Ugly Betty,Samantha Who? 30 Rock are all dull.

1.1
    I've watched a lot of Sit Coms going back to the 50s with Amos "N Andy,I Love Lucy,The Honeymooners to the 60s Get Smart,Hogans Heroes,The Beverly Hillbillies and others. The 70s with Happy Days,Taxi,Three's Company,The Odd Couple and Mary Tyler Moore and others.

The 80s legend Cheers,Married With Children,Perfect Strangers,Sledgehammer to name a few.

The 90s Frasier,Wings,Coach,Seinfeld,Everybody Loves Raymond,Titus and others now with this decade most have been crap or just o.k.

How i meet your mother is rather ordinary,weak on the laughs,no slapstick,the actors are rather boring,more a drama then comedy and some of the episodes have been really sad for a Sit Com.

Now c'mon Barney,lol,anyone who is straight just laughs as a womaniser like Women would fall for him,lol.

Their really isn't any characters in this.Most people who really like this are probably young spoilt yuppies who don't know comedy and just act like these people.

Any TV sit com that use Britney Spears to give them ratings,must be pretty bad.C'mon people,wake up is Britney Spears funny.George Bush would be funnier then her at least he walks like Maxwell Smart and may blow something up like him,lol.
  • "How I Met Your Mother" is better than "Friends". I'm sure I might get shot for saying that!

Well, my personal opinion is that How I Met Your Mother is better than Friends. Why would I say that? This is not to say anything disrespectful about Friends at all! Quite the contrary! I still would say that Friends was an awesome show, and How I Met Your Mother owes a lot to it. You could also say that HIMYM capitalizes on the successes of Friends and cleans up some weaknesses, while creating new weaknesses of its own.

Character diversity is a strong point in HIMYM. For example, you have Robin Scherbatsky, a drop-dead gorgeous brunette who also happens to be a Canadian hockey-loving, Scotch-drinking cigar aficionado. You have Barney Stinson, whose over-the-top portrayal of his outer awesomeness cloaks his inner child, who is always appreciated by the fans (as in the "slap bet"-related episodes). The show's lead character, Ted Mosby, has at the same time a certain confidence yet cluelessness about relationships, as he tends to fall in love too quickly and without much discretion.

All in all, I believe that the character interactions are a very strong point for this show.
  • The new hilarious sitcom that sits up there with Friends. This show is Legend... wait for it ... dary!

What can I say about the show? Its legend... wait for it... dary. The cast is awesome. The writer's rock. The show is great. All the characters are realistic and funny. Ted is the gooey romantic that provides us some great laughs. Marshal and Lily are hilarious married couple. Barney is awesomely funny and suits his suit. And Robin is Robin and there's nothing wrong with her. This show gets better with time. I laugh so hard with the show that my sides hurt every time I watch. I recommend this show to anyone that has a great sense of humor and wants to laugh until their sides hurt. I hope that this show has a long run on the air.
  • Mediocre defined.

Here's another fine example of what I've come to think of as prime time white noise, and makes me glad I have a large movie collection for when there's nothing else worth watching on the tube. 'How I Met Your Mother' is about as interesting and/or exciting to my viewing palate as a bowl of unseasoned gruel. Smarmy and pseudo-smart dialogue with the occational off color gag or one liner, this is about as formula and generically boring as a sit-com can get. This is another show where you can raid the fridge or take a bathroom break anytime and as often as you want without feeling that you've missed much.
  • Beyond hilarious!

How I Met Your Mother is currently one of my favorite shows. I am beyond excited when the show comes back on September 19 (I think) and I am really looking forward to Season 7. All of the characters are my favorite. Lily and Marshall are one of the cutest, funniest and lovable couples on tv at the moment in my opinion. The rest of the characters make me laugh as well. There is never a dull moment in that show.

• Before you give me thumbs down...

What was the show aiming for? Could anybody at least point it out? Weir they going for a "loser" bunch with funny situations, a "Friends" or "Seinfeld" if you will? Or something new witch i could not yet put my finger on. The drama is awful the actor are terrible, except barney witch is quit annoying because they did a fair enough job trying to combine a "Joey" like character, horny yet venerable and sensitive, with successful and "the" group leader(or at least he thinks), but the rest are just pointless, none interesting characters, no passion, no depth in the personality, witch every sit com needs. Who could forget Seinfeld's easy going or George's madness, Kramer's well i think we can define his character only with his name because the level of comedy he brought in it was just amazing And Elaine, the girl that every group needs but don't sexually want. That was a show! Friends... No need to explain... The ups and downs the show brought to the world the brilliant jokes and amazing acting, the Ross and Rachel that reflect in everybody's life at least once was just the cherry on the big ass sunday they gave
    on the show. The characters weir absolutely charming, the perfect show with the perfect writers. If they aimed at making you laugh you were on the floor holding your stomach, if they wanted you to cry you ran out of tissues. Every season toped the other, you felt that you knew friends you were part of the group, you waited to see the reaction each of them made to ridiculous yet believable situations they were put in. That my friends is a 9.2 show, this is barely anything. At least you can hate me for being right!

P.S. What the hell was the idea of seating two kids on a couch and telling them a story? That's the kind of unrealistic corny plot the show offers...
    Bottom line i think this show is Legen... wait for it.... a Complete waste of time.
    ( And to all those that want to reply well he just doesn't watch the show... unfortunately i did, all the 3 and beginning of fourth, all it takes is 3 long nights durning a week with out new episodes of heroes).
    To finish off with a some real comedy....
    How about ending the show by telling the kids on the couch they are really ADOPTED.
  • Give me a thumbs down....

• A Show about 5 friends in new york, one of them is looking for his potential wife.

This show is a very typical 2000's sitcom. The only thing is diffirent is that he is looking for his future wife and mother of his children. The show is typical, they're all hot, beautiful and it seems they can have sex with anybody they meet. The jokes aren't laugh out loud funny and the character Barney is getting annoying. I know they will milk this for what its worth, letting last forever and more than it was original intended. The show also has no diversity only white people, that is it. Some main characeters aren't white. The show is typical and unoriginal, but the plots are something that pique my intrest. Adios, Vamp.
  • This is the Best Comedy show i have ever seen.

The show is funny has a great story and great cast. The title tells you the main idea of the show but there is more to the show than just what the title sais. The show has the best writing the characters feel real and when ever i watch an episode i want to watch the next one. There are flashbacks,flashforwardsand everything you want to see in a show. I think that the writers have planned this series so well that they got it rite from the first episode it aired. The cast has chemistry and my favorite character is Barney who is just awesome. This show is Legen- wait for it -dairy Legendary.

• Brilliantly Hilarious and Suspenseful.

My mom and I both love this show, it's got great laughs without being incredibly stupid which is perfect for me. Same as Friends which my mom has been diehard for since the day it first aired.

Barney has got to be the biggest crack up!

I especially love the subtle hints about Ted's wife and how so many times he was literally like feet from her and yet somehow always managed to miss her.

• Great Show one of the best since Friends, this show is Legend wait for it... Dary!

How I Met Your Mother is about Ted telling his kids on how he met there mother in the year 2030. Season 1 was great Lily and Marshall getting engaged and breaking up at the end of the season Ted trying to get Robin and new friend Robin and Barney with his own Wominizing ways. Season 2 focuses on Ted and Robin being together and also breaking up at the end of the season. Mrashall and Lily getting back together and tying the knot. Barney stil Being Awesome. Season 3 is a great season with Lily and Marshall being married, Ted gets closer to meting miss right. Robin being single. Season 4 Ted gets almost marrying Stella but Stella dumps him at the alter, Barney Secretly In love with Robin. Season 5 the current running season Barney and Robin hook up but only to break-up, Barney is still being awesome with Marshall and Lily still be cool, This got renewed for a 6th season, and is still Legend wait for it.. Dary!!!!
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12