How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews page 9 of 22

• The new hilarious sitcom that sits up there with Friends. This show is Legend... wait for it ... dary!

What can I say about the show? Its legend... wait for it... dary. The cast is awesome. The writer's rock. The show is great. All the characters are realistic and funny. Ted is the gooey romantic that provides us some great laughs. Marshal and Lily are hilarious married couple. Barney is awesomely funny and suits his suit. And Robin is Robin and there's nothing wrong with her. This show gets better with time. I laugh so hard with the show that my sides hurt every time I watch. I recommend this show to anyone that has a great sense of humor and wants to laugh until their sides hurt. I hope that this show has a long run on the air.
  • Mediocre defined.

Here's another fine example of what I've come to think of as prime time white noise, and makes me glad I have a large movie collection for when there's nothing else worth watching on the tube. 'How I Met Your Mother' is about as interesting and/or exciting to my viewing palate as a bowl of unseasoned gruel. Smarmy and pseudo-smart dialogue with the occational off color gag or one liner, this is about as formula and generically boring as a sit-com can get. This is another show where you can raid the fridge or take a bathroom break anytime and as often as you want without feeling that you've missed much.
  • Beyond hilarious!

How I Met Your Mother is currently one of my favorite shows. I am beyond excited when the show comes back on September 19 (I think) and I am really looking forward to Season 7. All of the characters are my favorite. Lily and Marshall are one of the cutest, funniest and lovable couples on tv at the moment in my opinion. The rest of the characters make me laugh as well. There is never a dull moment in that show.

• Before you give me thumbs down...

What was the show aiming for? Could anybody at least point it out? Weir they going for a "loser" bunch with funny situations, a "Friends" or "Seinfeld" if you will? Or something new witch i could not yet put my finger on. The drama is awful the actor are terrible, except barney witch is quit annoying because they did a fair enough job trying to combine a "Joey" like character, horny yet venerable and sensitive, with successful and "the" group leader(or at least he thinks), but the rest are just pointless, none interesting characters, no passion, no depth in the personality, witch every sit com needs. Who could forget Seinfeld's easy going or George's madness, Kramer's well i think we can define his character only with his name because the level of comedy he brought in it was just amazing And Elaine, the girl that every group needs but don't sexually want. That was a show! Friends... No need to explain... The ups and downs the show brought to the world the brilliant jokes and amazing acting, the Ross and Rachel that reflect in everybody's life at least once was just the cherry on the big ass sunday they gave
    on the show. The characters weir absolutely charming, the perfect show with the perfect writers. If they aimed at making you laugh you were on the floor holding your stomach, if they wanted you to cry you ran out of tissues. Every season toped the other, you felt that you knew friends you were part of the group, you waited to see the reaction each of them made to ridiculous yet believable situations they were put in. That my friends is a 9.2 show, this is barely anything. At least you can hate me for being right!

P.S. What the hell was the idea of seating two kids on a couch and telling them a story? That's the kind of unrealistic corny plot the show offers...
    Bottom line i think this show is Legen... wait for it.... a Complete waste of time.
    ( And to all those that want to reply well he just doesn't watch the show... unfortunately i did, all the 3 and beginning of fourth, all it takes is 3 long nights durning a week with out new episodes of heroes).
    To finish off with a some real comedy....
    How about ending the show by telling the kids on the couch they are really ADOPTED.
  • Give me a thumbs down....

• A Show about 5 friends in new york, one of them is looking for his potential wife.

This show is a very typical 2000's sitcom. The only thing is diffirent is that he is looking for his future wife and mother of his children. The show is typical, they're all hot, beautiful and it seems they can have sex with anybody they meet. The jokes aren't laugh out loud funny and the character Barney is getting annoying. I know they will milk this for what its worth, letting last forever and more than it was original intended. The show also has no diversity only white people, that is it. Some main characeters aren't white. The show is typical and unoriginal, but the plots are something that pique my intrest. Adios, Vamp.
  • This is the Best Comedy show i have ever seen.

The show is funny has a great story and great cast. The title tells you the main idea of the show but there is more to the show than just what the title sais. The show has the best writing the characters feel real and when ever i watch an episode i want to watch the next one. There are flashbacks,flashforwardsand everything you want to see in a show. I think that the writers have planned this series so well that they got it rite from the first episode it aired. The cast has chemistry and my favorite character is Barney who is just awesome. This show is Legen- wait for it -dairy Legendary.

• Brilliantly Hilarious and Suspenseful.

My mom and I both love this show, it's got great laughs without being incredibly stupid which is perfect for me. Same as Friends which my mom has been diehard for since the day it first aired.

Barney has got to be the biggest crack up!

I especially love the subtle hints about Ted's wife and how so many times he was literally like feet from her and yet somehow always managed to miss her.

• Great Show one of the best since Friends, this show is Legend wait for it... Dary!

How I Met Your Mother is about Ted telling his kids on how he met there mother in the year 2030. Season 1 was great Lily and Marshall getting engaged and breaking up at the end of the season Ted trying to get Robin and new friend Robin and Barney with his own Wominizing ways. Season 2 focuses on Ted and Robin being together and also breaking up at the end of the season. Mrashall and Lily getting back together and tying the knot. Barney stil Being Awesome. Season 3 is a great season with Lily and Marshall being married, Ted gets closer to meting miss right. Robin being single. Season 4 Ted gets almost marrying Stella but Stella dumps him at the alter, Barney Secretly In love with Robin. Season 5 the current running season Barney and Robin hook up but only to break-up, Barney is still being awesome with Marshall and Lily still be cool, This got renewed for a 6th season, and is still Legend wait for it.. Dary!!!!
  • I'm so sick of this show making fun of... Oh wait, no I'm not. One of the most original shows in years. Great combination of writing and acting. Still trying to figure out why people watch shows like jersey shore and not How I Met Your Mother.

I'm so sick of this show making fun of... Oh wait, no I'm not. One of the most original shows in years. Great combination of writing and acting. Still trying to figure out why people watch shows like jersey shore and not How I Met Your Mother. HIMYM is the best show for anyone who has a sense of humor. Original writing and spot on acting make this show one of the best in years. This is one of the few shows with competent supporting actors who are just as interesting if not more than the main character. No matter how many times I watch an episode, this show continues to entertain me.
  • One of the most LEGENDARY sitcoms...How I Met Your Mother follows Ted,Barney,Robin,Marshall&Lily in their roller-coaster ride of life...making us laugh and sometimes even cry on their day-to-day adventures...

Ted Mosby tells his kids the story of how he met their mother and ends up telling a long,heart-warming story of his and his friends.The concept and title itself is genuine and never seen before in sitcoms.The other characters too are endearing.Barney Stinson is a happy-go-lucky chap whose only mission seems to be hooking up with every girl in the world,but inside he knows he has to get serious someday.Robin Scherbatsky is a Canadian brunnette who,like Barney,doesn't believe much in serious things and prefers to enjoy life as it comes.Marshal&Lily have been the perfect couple with characteristic ups and downs.Ted Mosby is an ambitious and kind-hearted guy who is in search of true love during which goes through many relationships, each making him stronger and wiser.
    Many say that the show is losing its main storyline.But its obvious that a show of HIMYM's calibre will be extended as long as possible because its 1 of the standout comedies in TV today.The diferent 'theories of awesomeness'which writers hav introduced many times and the slow but sure development of the characters have been HIMYM's strong points,apart from the smart punches.Smart writing and excellent acting has made HIMYM one of the best shows of the new millenium
  • Rachael and Ross Who?

What a refreshing new comedy about 20 somethings living in a dowtown metropolitan city. I know what your thinking 'Friends" was on forever what new things could writers come up with about the same basic poeple? "How I Met Your Mother" though, is just that, NEW. This series is the most refreshing sitcom on television. Takes me back to those wonderful half hours of laughing heaven from my childhood when a 30 mintue tv show could tranplant you to another place even for a short amount of time. The fresh faces acting in this show are a site for sore eyes. All I can say is, "Welcome back Doogie, Welcome Back!!!"
  • Its all Lengthy, though every episode is well Directed n planned :D A great Tv Series !! Keep it Going :)

How I met your mother, Ted Mosby - A innocent kinda character , but still he does it at his Best. Robin - Girl with anxiety and the attraction of the series though many girls come by , She is the cutest. Oh yeah can't wait should have told first Its BARNEY - that truly keeps the series lively and hilarious.
    The rest characters need not Describe Find it out yourself. Its one hella good series that you need to watch n continue watchin :D Grt fun.. Hopin For more Fun filled Episodes and series ahead. Keep it coming. Cheers to The HIMYM series crew and cast \m/
  • Don't think he will ever meet her.... :/

This show is in my opinion the best comedy show I've seen since Friends. It's certainly as good and even better. After a long time I can go watch something that's supposed to be funny and is not a cartoon and actually laugh. In between all the junk on TV lately when talking about situation comedy shows this was a bullseye by the writers....props to them really, because they're the only one who could make me laugh for the past few years....especially since there are not that many good comedies in cinemas lately so yeah, perfect 10 for me...and regarding the summary: I really think he's not going to meet her, I actually think their going to write this until the ratings fall so much they can't make another season....as it is with many other shows....from one perspective it's really awful if we don't see the girl but from another; at least we're gonna see a whole lot more episodes :)
  • My Favourite show by a long way!! :)

I have been watching How I met your mother for a few years now(it was the first show i watched and followed) and i must say i have found none who quite mach it and i have watched quite a few other series. Just a bit dissapointed with the current season but the last episode gave me new hope:D . The end of last season and and so far the start of this season have seemed to meander aimlessly not realy progressing nor giving new perspectives for the future, although the previous episode has which as aformentioned gives me great hope.
    But to be honest eaven mediocre episodes of HIMYM are legendary episodes in other great shows.
    :D
  • Will Ted ever going to meet his soul mate? Or the show will just keep going on without him actually meeting the right girl?

though the story was basically about Ted and his 'journey' to look for the right woman, I find his character pretty boring. thank god they made characters like Barney, Marshall, Robin and Lily. Barney was easily the most interesting character. his playboy attitude and his ability to cheer up the situation make him a perfect partner for Ted. the whole Lily and Marshall relationship was weird, funny, adorable and stupid at the same time. how they seems to be so keen of each other. then there's Robin, the independent and gorgeous girl who used to be Ted's girlfriend. and ended up with Barney. the whole chemistry of the show was just perfect. each episodes was funny, though there were some of them that was quite boring. with a little bit more of an effort, this show will be legendary.
  • A really good show, I can't believe it has only just started in the UK!

So first of all this is a really good show so I mean no disrespect when I say that it is essentially Friends for a new generation. The show is told through a series of flashbacks from the future as Ted accompanied by his four friends attempts to find the love of his life. As I already said the show is effectively just Friends. Instead of 6 tweny-somethings substitute 5 twenty-somethings. Instead of a coffee house substitute a bar. Instead of Gunther substitute Carl. Instead of joey substitute Barney etc etc. But don't get me wrong Friends was great and if it ain't broke don't fix it!

The casting is spot on. The script is witty with a nice mix of slapstick/visual comedy and witty banter. All in all a great show and witha nice twist of trying to guess who Ted eventually ends up with.
  • I count an almost 10

I think the reason why I like this show is that I know there is going to be a happy ending some where down the line. you know?

Some where down the line you know ted is going to meet the right one... It gives me hope for myself cause I seem to be useless when it comes to relationships.

it makes me laugh and at the same time think all in due time... good stuff to have light fun watching...

Only one problem... why the hell would you hae brittany Spears in the show?

any ways.... good show even though that misight
  • The best comedy show I've ever seen-so far.

How I Met Your Mother is probably the best sitcom I've ever seen. As the title implies, it is a recount of how Ted met his love of his life which ultimately is the mother of his kids. However, the story does not only go there. As he tells the story to his kids, he goes to the journey of his adult life together with his 4 best friends.

The story gets more interesting as these characters come together for each has its own story to tell. Five characters of different backgrounds and personalities that definitely bring us fun and laughter.

Many people compare this show to the classic sitcom "Friends." They may be similar but this show is better in many ways. The story is definitely more modern and people can relate to it. Also, the script was written very well which makes the the show more funny. Well, the best punchlines is said by the LEGEN. -wait for it- DARY character Barney. He's the funniest person and I hope the character of Barney exists in real life. He could actually have a spin-off.

Five seasons have come and yet, the story is never ending. Many of us wants to see the mother but maybe we could wait for a little longer. The show might end if that happens. This show is so awesome and I couldn't say anything more. This show is truly LEGENDARY.
  • A show about love, being single, and friendship all in NY, but it's not a Friends rip-off.

I love this show. I own the first 4 seasons on DVD and have watched em so much almost have em memorized. It's funny, smart, realistic in most scenarios (except for maybe the goat), and it's a good time for 20 minutes. I'm glad to see that this show has been a success. It's hard for new sitcoms to get picked up, but when I first really started watching it I knew it was something different, and something that everyone could really enjoy. I look forward to more episodes and hope this show has a long and successful run. Thank you.
  • I like it, but I used to love it.

When I accidentally saw the first episode of this show, I simply fell in love with it and have been a fan since. The characters were believable, the acting was natural and all the humor was perfectly balanced, even the exaggerated bits. But now it is getting more and more artifical and though I still like to watch it I'm not looking forward to it anymore. So, what happened to you guys? It feels like the writers are bored with this show and I doubt it will last long this way. Even the characters started to annoy me, especially Lily, whom I used to love. This is my opinion of course, and I'd love to have the old himym back.
  • Really funny show! Neil Patrick Harris is great!

This show has really made it this far because of the great work done by Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stintson. The other characters and actors have come into their own now in the later seasons but the first two seasons were really all Neil Patrick Harris. The plot of the show itself reminds me a lot of Friends, except it is more of a comedy and less of a drama. I personally love this show and I have yet to see an episode of this show that I have hated. I was actually looking forward to this school year starting back up again just so I could get back to my How I Met Your Mother. The story line at the moment kinda sucks with Barney being in a relationship and trying to be a really nice guy. Barney is a pimp and follows the almighty "Bro-Code" and I would love to see him get back to that character.
  • Can't get any better than this

AMAZING! This show can never get old! The characters are hilarious, and there is always something new and exciting on the show, like the time when Britney guest starred. My only problem is that i don't get why some people are so annoyed with the show making fun of Canada. All that the show does is make little (and sometimes not untrue) jokes about Canada. I live in Canada and i don't find it at all offensive. In fact, I find it quite funny, and I don't understand why others can't see it that way. I hope this show never ends.
  • The life and times of Ted Mosby and his friends told 20 years from now is Legen...wait for it...

..dary! How I Met Your Mother is one of the best sitcoms on the air. The characters are fleshed out, the story is heartwarming and, while being susceptible to standard sitcom cheesiness, still manages to hold some of the wittiest dialogue I've ever seen in a show. It's one of those shows that are mostly realistic. Things you'd actually love to do in real life, whether it's sing a Proclaimers song on a road trip, or show your friends your all-rise Get Psyched mix, or use one of Barney's playbook tricks, peak in frequently. It's just one of those shows with that amazingly welcoming sense of humor that sets it aside from other shows, and that's why Ted Mosby's kids are probably never going to leave that couch again...
  • Back on track.

Well when Barney and Robin were in relationship, it looks like the show has lost its touch.. NPH is great when he is flirting around, but when he is committed than it makes his character a bit dull.

Suprisingly, there is not more of the story of Ted in this season, as in last two Story was pretty much revolving between Barney and Robin, now there is a GOOD breakup between them, it look like show will once against be back on track.

Anyway, the best part of the show was the Scuba Driver part of Barney. It was awesome. Head Up for the next epsiode :)
  • Barney's Playbook

Barney's backgammon tactics to learn about that girl wish. I've implemented a few of them really works. But divers wearing a beautiful event at the event will be how to apply. We are afraid we will try disgrace to the nation. When applied to real life from this series, I sometimes slap several works. Like the other seasons, this season they made a lot of fun. Make sure that a series to be monitored.I learned a lot I can say in this section certain.Other sections a little intimidating was. Barney and Robin do because they had very strange. My favorite section of this chapter, but was.
  • Started to be boring

The first two season of HIMYM were so fun and had great stories in every episode. Starting from season 4 and including this season it's started to be boring.
    What else they can show us on this season? Barney's tricks to catch women? that's it? I know this show isn't supposed to be involved on Barney. But I'm started to be full of Barney's.
    I like Ted and doesn't seem to figure out why he's not given a wider space in this show instead of imitating "Friends" with some more twists instead of depending on the great performance of their actors.
    I think this show is getting to be overrated now.
  • Pretty good but in the name of all that's mighty! let Ted meet the mother already!

Four amazing seasons in the past and season 5 doesn't seem to let up in the laughs but no matter how great this tv show is. People do get tired of waiting that includes me. Maybe the writers has a whole idea on how the series finale will end with a dramatic 5 second shot on Ted's Wife and the mother of his two children. BUT now, the mystery is just becoming plain annoying. Let us meet the mother already! The show will not end just because we met the mother, they can do a whole fight scene which they break up, fall inlove with someone else only to come to each others arms. It's a great show it's just getting old with the mystery.
  • This is one of the best smartass comedy show i been watching in last few years. Main character is a hopeless romantic but also pretty picky one looking for the perfect woman

First time I read the name of the show I wasn't sure what kind of show this could be. But after i watched the first episode few years ago I couldn't stop laughing. Most romantic guys probably see somethings in what Ted doing ;) I do at least. This is a very dedicated show for their viewers. If you haven't check Robin Sparkles videos on youtube. Also barney is one of my favorite characters that added a lot in our daily lifes about new articles of "bro code" and "suit up" giving a whole new meaning for a wingman ;)

I strongly suggest all comedy lovers with some wits to check out this awesome show.
  • Falling

Season 5 is so bad it's frightening. i'm not sure if i can remember a comedy that has declined faster than How I Met Your Mother. the first two seasons were very good. Season 3 fell off a bit, and Season 4 was even more disappointing. but this season is close to unwatchable. my wife and i have pulled the plug on at least three episodes, like last night's awful Rabbit or Duck. One of the biggest problems is Robin, Ted's long-time ex - who should have been written off the show long ago. whenever she has a main storyline, you're in for a bad episode. Barney's become a cartoon, and Ted's got nothing to do until CBS finally gives HIMYM the green light to reveal who owns the umbrella. the scary thing is: they just got renewed. could it get any worse? by the time they finally do tell us who the mother is, i might not be watching...
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13