How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews (627)

• Show is complete garbage.

0.5
    Why is this trash on television?
  • Hmmmm

not my kind of show
  • Worst ending ever!

Robin and Barney divorced was a terrible idea especially by making Barney character change for the "better" to get her. the all show become absolutely pointless by making the mother dead at the end especially if it's just to bring Ted and Robin together.

Do you realise that by making her dead some of the episode doesn't make sense anymore! Did you actually watch your own show! There is no happy ending in that story!
  • terrible show

this show is a obviously copycat of friends , how i met your mother is not funny , it`s problably the worst comedy on tv right now .
  • I am angry

that is all.
  • Talk about botched endings

Boo boo booo booo!!!! What the hell??? *Insert unspeakable after unspeakable after unspeakable after unspeakable after unspeakable*
  • I just wasted how many Monday nights watching this crap?????

They killed her. That's the answer to how HIMYM should end????? THEY KILL HER and then he gets with Robin. WTF? Why did I ever start watching this stupid TV show. I'm glad my grandmother died before this show ended because this would have thoroughly depressed her. I am so mad. I can not believe I watched this show for this stupid, unnecessary STUPID finale. I'm so pissed. I am so pissed.
  • boring...

I agree with what most people are saying, it's gone on far too long and they're just making up pointless crap to pass the time that isn't even realistic.
  • Please kill me!

I hate this show, my ex GF used to watch it and I'd be forced to view it as well. Just heard its going in the big TV bin and I'm so happy to hear that. REST IN PIECES YOU UTTER SHITE!!!
  • This episode not only needs a SLAP!... but a kick in the head!

I was bored so stupidly after not watch HIMYM because of how incredibly rubbish the programme has been in the past. I watched this episode. What a load of garbage! Absolutely awful! It does ensure I won't be stupid again. I will never watch this show ever again no matter how bored I might get!
  • Worst episode ever

All the crap to build up to a pointless ending. High speed cameras to get the shots. But Boyz II Men finishing was a nice touch.
  • Sucks

Please end this show before its too late.
  • This season sucks

Boo hoo to everyone associated with season 9.

Poor show
  • Should have met his wife 3 season ago

Season 8 and 9 Rubbish.
  • i have doubts about this last season

Ted is less and less funny, like Ross in Friends

and for this 9th season premiere, he wasn't funny at all and the rest of the cast wasn't that great

i'm pretty sure than we won't see Josh Radnor in any show after that

the mother was suddently introduced without any suspense at the end of season 8

the first 6-7 years were fantastic, year 8 was so-so, it's like lots of other shows that try to last that long, i don't see how the show could surprise us for this last season
  • 9 years about nothing

People talking about nothing nine years long. This is what this series is. A totally meaningless, empty series with dumb jokes.

It represents how undemanding the American TV-watching audience is. People in Hollywood made a film exactly like this, called Definitely, Maybe. It was also dull, I could barely watch it, the only good point in it was the cute little child in it.

Thank Nature I only have seen a few bits from this. Terrible boredom is how I could describe it. It doesn't matter if I watch it or not, watching it is like anything else, like scratching my balls, meh, I scratch it, but even if I'm not, it will pass away from itself eventually. If I'm doing it it's fine, if not, I loose absolutely nothing.

Hallelujah, it's the last season of this waste!
  • How "how i met your mother" lost me

Very inappropriate stuff relating to Jesus, who is, for the record, God, for many of us. (Discussion about how Jesus set the standard for "waiting for 3 days". Christians don't appreciate associating Him with crass humor about sex. Too bad - the general theme of this comedy is good, great acting, and I've seen some worthy shows. But you lost me tonight. In the future, I'll make sure these writers are NOT contributors to comedies I chose to let my family watch.
  • People will laugh at anything

I think the longest I have been able to watch this show is a few minutes -

Hint - A comedy needs to be funny.

Perhaps all the American writers have been outsourced and they have hired Indians or Chinese who don't have a clue about what is actually funny.

Also - this isn't a true representation of New York Life. True New Yorkers that aren't uber wealthy, don't have time to hang out in bars for hours on end with their friends - they are too busy working late and trying to miss the next slew of layoffs. Friends was more realistic - because the only kind of social life most working New Yorkers have is with the people they live with.
  • Awful!

This show jumped the shark ages ago! Cancel it and lets get something new and fresh on please!
  • i dont get it

i've 4 episodes and didnt laugh once - i just dont get how this is so popular
  • Head-Bashingly Bad

I don't get the infatuation with this show. I've watched numerous episodes simply because my friends somehow like it and reruns are ALWAYS on. Like pretty much all CBS sitcoms ever, it's unbearably unfunny. Generally speaking, about midway through the show I turn my attention to the nearest wall and consider ramming my head against it repeatedly. If I ever meet a real Ted Mosby, I might just break his neck. Not even joking.
  • dumb show

I dont know how it is a high rated show its dumb not even funny it makes me wonder about people's mentality and IQ. It just is not funny. At all.
  • I absolutely deplore this show

A family member recommended it. I tried, I really did, but the comedy .level is so low-brow, it makes me wonder about people's mentality and IQ. It just is not funny. At all.
  • Awww MAn !!!!

Seriously ....HIMYM used to be my Best Show ever ....until it started being a complete disaster ...seriously people ain't laughing any more ..... U guys suck big time . Learn some from Two and a half men (BEfore Ashton)
  • "How I Met Your Mother"

This series was stretched so long because telling the kids how he hooked up would end the series. "Stuff I did before you were born" would be more appropriate. I don't even watch it anymore. It's fruitless. Get Doogey Howser and his ego out of there. In the real world, he wouldn't last very long.
  • Your mind is in danger...

... of being spongified by this show for the rest of your life.

It is a flashback-based show like Grounded for life with the difference that it is not funny at all.

The flashbacks are idiotic.

The characters, fully-grown 30 year-old adults behave like silly teenagers.

The situations are utterly implausible.

Nothing on the show makes sense even when the nonsensical is supposed to have a "hidden" meaning, which is the trick to make ridiculous comedy work.

If you like nonsensical humour, just like I do, then watch 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation or Extras.

If you are after some flashback-comedy, then, by all means, watch the re-runs of Grounded for life as it is way better than How I Met Your Mother.
  • What? Did some of you compare this lame sitcom with Friends? Seriously? I can watch Friends over and over even till it bores me or annoys me and yet I can still watch it... I have never been able to watch one episode of How I met your mother.

The cast is pretentious, sexually immature and a total bore. And even writing this review I have just realised I am getting bored paying this much attention to a review for a sitcom that will be on my damn TV for the next decade making me wish I did not pay my TV Licence followed by an instant spontaneous twist in my wrist evoking a swift channel change. OK the damn review requests 100 WORDS.. HMMmm here goes - Ingredients for Cupcakes:
    150 g butter, softened

75 g butter, at room temperature
    150 g icing sugar
    1 tbsp milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    a selection of food colouring, choose your favourite colours
    To decorate:

crystallised flower petals, (optional), See Cook's note
    sprinkles, (optional)
    silver balls, (optional)
    hundreds and thousands, (optional)
    sweets, (optional)
    Conversion Calculator
    Method
    1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. 2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and pale. 3. Gradually mix in the beaten egg alternating with the flour to stop the mix from curdling. Finally, stir through the vanilla extract and milk. 4. Place 12 paper cupcake cases into a muffin tin and divide the mixture between them. 5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. 6. For the frosting: In a mixing bowl beat the butter with a spoon or spatular until smooth, then start to sift in the icing sugar, stirring regularly. Add the vanilla extract and milk. The frosting should be light and creamy. 7. Mix your chosen food colouring colours into the icing to give an even colour. 8. Once the cupcakes are totally cool, spoon or pipe the icing onto your cupcakes and finish with your chosen decorations. Then allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
  • Horrible Scripting!

This is one of the worst scripted shows in recent television history.Everyone talks at each other using one-line zingersthat fall flat, but the laugh track says the line was supposed to be funny. The characters don't seem to really like each other, but are just waiting to unleash that next zinger. Also, the motivation of the characters is insane. On one episode, one of the females rushes to her tv news desk to announce that she is quittingher job live on the air. You would never work again in television if you actually did that (you might not work anywhere after that). She is unconcerned about the consequences of this act, and the other characters act like it's just a set-up for another crummy one-liner. I used to think that Two and a Half Men had the most idiotic scripts, but How I Met Your Mother surpasses even that one for ineptitude. This is a good show for maintaining a dietary regimen, though. You may lose the will to eat (or live) watching this garbage.

• One of the worst show I ever watched on TV,it was way down below the sewer compared to Friends.

I accidentally turned to this show, sometime I had to tune to the station and muted it before two and Half Men came on. Barney is a terrible actor and his pretended and exaggerated facial expression and humor are much worst than Jim Carrey. I obsolutely could not stand short Lily, one of the worst actress in TV, probably she looked too young to play the part. Ted is not much better, his acting also sucked. The whole cast of this show exaggerated their dialogs and looked like they allread right off the script. I didn't know how could they survived so long since 2005.
  • Going preachy in a way that we thought no modern series would. But that the harsh reality since season 3.

It is shocking thing to acknowledge, but it has been going on for quite a few chapters now: this series has gotten so ultra-conservative-preachy to a level that reminds us the worst Bill Cosby. The very beginning of this chapter is a riot, where Barney - as usual, the best of the pack - is HUGE with all his no-father's day antics. But then, when they deal with the subject of having or not having kids, among all the half-cooked jokes, prevails the idea that not having kids is just the choice of: a) A loser whom nobody loves (let alone have children with)
    b) A psycho (because everyone loves babies: let's make a caricature of Robin!)
    c) An ice queen with no heart.

Why the need to disrespect people? Yeah, sure, it's a comedy, but let's not forget that, at the ending, they show clearly (and gruesomely) that even the sock-holding Robin or the karaoke-drunken Barney DO want to have children (subtlety, anyone?).

Once more, Ted Mosby points his finger in a way that would embarrass Bill Cosby, and this has been going on since the beginning of season 3.

PS: This is not the only chapter to pursue an ultra conservative agenda. The the scathing attack on the Woo Girls (They hate you because you are married ant that makes them jealous), the cheesy Read-this-girl-a-tale-and-you'll-realize-how-great-is-to-live-in-Jersey or how-sad-is-to hang-out-drunken-with-Barney...

Seriously, do a Barney spinoff an any of us will be relieve no to hear Ted's sermons again.

Hold it, that already exists: the highly superior "Two and a Half Men".
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10