How I Met Your Mother

CBS (ended 2014)

SrRui

How I Met Your Mother Fan Reviews (649)

• A song about Robin and Barney!

Hi! a HIMYM fan here! I just wanna share this song that I wrote about Robin and Barney.

https:// soundcloud. com / coming-up-amy / 02-robin
  • The show went on 8 years to long!

After watching all 9 seasons. I feel the show was a big waste of m time.

For 8 years Ted (Josh Radnor) (who was a ass the whole 9 seasons), was always looking for his true love. But, he dated her from the opening. He LOVED her throughout the 9 seasons. He messed it up each time he dated her.

He meets a very NICE and fun loving lady in season 9, who should had been on the show earlier. She was move alive than the others.

He dates the "mother of his children" for two hours she dies, and he goes back to Robin.

So, the whole story line is, he met a very nice fun loving women at Robins wedding and had two children. And, when she dies, he goes back to Robin.

The whole 8 season up to the 9th is Barney dating women for one night stands, and Ted dating Robin and other women. If it wasn't for Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), the show would had die on opening showing.
  • how I love this guys

Never make track for a show, catch up with THE eighth season and didn't dare to go to THE ninth season, not afraid of can't accept THE ending, just can't accept THE company for nine years and so THE end of THE end of life, they are my friends, we are old, our world will continue, but they ended, always stay in that, so, would have great expectations, they are still in it, still looking for THE ONE
  • A fun journey with fond memories.

How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is one of the shows I started to watch to forget so that I can watch that again. Few episodes made me feel it was not near at all, but slowly it grew on me and made me realise both though belong to "rom-sitcom" are different in their own ways. I really missed Barney at the end of the show. I don't want to compare it with or any other rom-sitcom for that matter as each sitcom is special in its own way and different theme. It is really a worthy show to binge upon despite the fact that alternate ending was way better.

• Total Friends rip-off

And I hate Friends too. But I think HIMYM is even worse. I hate these two shows so much!
  • Comedy ?

Drama ok

Comedy 0%
  • One of my favorites!!

This show is entertaining and very hilarious.
  • Love show

Overall, I enjoyed it. I wish they'd spent the last season with Tracey as Ted's girlfriend though. It would have been even nicer if this one episode could have been spread over a season or two. I didn't love this ending, but I at least enjoyed it.

I think Robin and Barney's endings (before the Ted/Robin thing) were really true to their original characters. How long had it been since we really saw the Robin whose career trumps everything else? Quite a while I think. And yeah, realistically Barney was never going to manage a long term relationship given his personality. So I was good with all of that.
  • Please make a season 10

I have watch 9 seasons in two weeks non stop I love this show so does a few million other people with that ending I cry every time I think about that ending but you guys really need to make a new season about robin and Ted getting married and Marshal and lily have a great time together and they all end up at the bar together and see Barney is picking up girls the usual please make season 10 everybody loves this show thank you for making this show in the first place guys now try and make us happy by making another season
  • I am a fan!!!

I loved the Intervention episode!! It was awesome. Also loved the Naked Gay episode. My favorite character is Robin. No, Ted.. Forget it, they are all good.
  • how i met your step monster

worst series ending in the history of TV
  • Didnt really like the finale and this is a quote of your own...

"The about letting go, moving Did Ted ever let go Robin???... They spend the whole 9th season making us fall in love with "mother" and they took that out without any explanation... the problem isnt that the mother died, but that we didnt even know how that happened... and that Ted n Robin should never be something to happened...
  • Legen wait for it dary , LEGENDARY !!!!!

People do not believe a word what other comments are saying . Just watch it and I promise you will absolutely love it . Apart from that awesome show !!
  • I just can't get into this sitcom

I just can't get into How I Met your Mother. At first it was alright, there were some good ideas, some of the situations were at least fun. But as the show has progressed, in my personal opinion it is running out of ideas and it feels more dull and laboured by the minute. I do like the production values, and there is one good character Barney, wonderfully played by Neil Patrick Harris. The other characters I don't care for, in general I find them stupid and unlikeable, while the writing and jokes are forced and predictable now that the show lacks a good pace and freshness and some of the situations are not at all funny, more inane if anything. The acting also feels forced and over-compensated, as if the actors know their characters and writing are lacking and they're trying to make it work. Harris in my opinion is the one exception who doesn't suffer, that's because he's that good an actor, he has had some bad material but he always gives his all to elevate it. All in all, I do like sitcoms and comedies when they're good, but How I Met Your Mother is an example of one I can't get into.

• no like this

no like this
  • Himym

How I met your mother, the best TV show series I've seen in my life. Period.
  • How I Met Your Mother

I love your tv show How I Met Your Mother. Its the best show i ever seen. I love Robin Scherbatsky,Marshall Barney Stinson. He is the best I LOVE HIM. I SAY I LOVE HIM.
  • It's my birthday too!!! Haha

On season 5 episode 18, it was Lily's birthday and I'm like OMG so is mine!!!
  • why the end????

Pour moi, ce fut la meilleur serie jamais produite. Une impression de se retrouver ds chacun des personnages et de tout partager,autant les joies que les deceptions. Des impressions de deja vu, des lecons de vie, et lenvie de posseder la meme equipe. Je viens juste de voir la fin de la saison 9 car je ne voulais meme pas penser que cette serie puisse sarreter.... Et peut importe comment cela ce fini, me dire que c'etait la fin ma rendu vraiment triste. Je serais toujours a la recherche du grand amour comme ted, aurait toujours la vision du couple a la marshall et lyly, cette envie de ne pas vieillir et detre toujours assez jeune pour seduire comme barney et lambition de mener ma vie au top malgres les embuches comme robin. Jaime himym!!!!
  • TAKE THIS SHOW OFF TV! IT IS ON WAY TOO MUCH! IM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SO ARE ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE! ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! This show is on way too much! I cant stand it! Now it has eaten up all the air time on NIK at night! TAKE IT OFF! I CANT STAND THIS SHOW!
  • I rank all episodes of How I Met Your Mother

10. Okay Awesome (Season 1)

9. Sweet Taste Of Liberty (Season 1)

8. Belly Full Of Turkey (Season 1)

7. Slutty Pumpkin (Season 1)

6. The Duel (Season 1)

5. Purple Giraffe (Season 1)

4. Pilot (Season 1)

3. Matchmaker (Season 1)

2. Return Of The Shirt (Season 1)

1. The Pineapple Incident (Season 1)
  • how I Met Your Mother ending

ooooo I am so mad at the ending it isn't suppose to be like that with Robin ending up with Ted no what the hell. Okay Barney and Robin were supposed to be together forever and Ted and his new wife were going stay and show us some of there memories and end. I mean dont get me wrong I love this show until the last episode of season 9 or the one before the last the one that shows that the mother died and Barney and Robin breaking up after marriage :"(
  • Hmmmm

not my kind of show
  • How it lasted so long

Seriously, someone please answer me!
  • Great

Caught a few eps here and there and didn't like it much. Then I learned Marshall was a Vikings fan. Decided to watch every ep. So great. Rewards loyal viewers with inside jokes and quirks. Top 3 sitcom. Top 10 show for sure.
  • The best BROcom ever!

Hate to see that the show is getting over even friends lasted 10 seasons, But whatever this is the best sitcom ever, Casting is just LEGEND-wait for it-DARY, Barney, Ted ,Marshal, Robbin, Lily well the 5 make one hell of a team. Well I started to watch the show in early 2k12, spending all my holidays watching back to back 7 seasons. Awesome is the word just "awesome" , never got bored and now i'm a regular viewer of the 8th and 9th season. Mostly sitcoms are just "sitcoms" they make you laugh and enjoy, but this one makes you connect. Every episode is just different and above all the "sequence" . the "chronology" is something to be admired, hats off to the script and a salute to the writers maintaining a chronology of events for 9 years, that's not a joke. Well this is now the benchmark, a scale over which you can rate other shows. But the finale has changed everything making it one of the worst "CLIMAX" i have ever seen
  • La sit com perfetta.

Per me How I Met Your Mother stata la sit com perfetta,con un finale esplosivo a dir poco.
  • The world's most stilted comedy show.

And I'm not even counting the last seasons.
  • What a Finale!

Everything was going well since it all started till the last 2 freakin episodes when everything went to the opposite direction of making sense.

Barney changing to better person to get Robin and Ted moving on and after adding The Robin to the playbook and the rehearsal surprise and waiting for the wedding after 21 slow moving episodes, u just end all of that by a 2 minute stupid fight that took place the following episode is total fail.

Also the mother turns out dead for Ted to get Robin again after all these years just by a cheesy suggestion from his kids!!

Anyway, still a lot can be said, my rating doesn't include last 2 episodes.
  • Best Show

Best show ever 10x better than the Big Bang Theory this show actually shows emotion unlike that BBT snarly humor!