How I Met Your Mother

Right Place Right Time

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 04, 2009 on CBS

• Will we finally meet the mother?

This was really season finale material, I must say. Ted starts telling his kids the events that took place before meeting their mother. Saying, if I didn't do this or that, you wouldn't be born. So through the whole episode he explains what he did to lead up to that moment in which Ted was holding the yellow umbrella, and a girl walked up to him, and tapped him on the shoulder. A moment in which, if it wouldn't have happened, his kids wouldn't have been born. Is this the mother? Well Ted explains the whole thing. If Robin wouldn't have gotten food poisoning at the bagel place, and if the group hadn't of used an intervention against Marshall's charts, he wouldn't have been on the street corner. He turned left instead of right, and he cut the street to pay back a homeless man who took Marshall's charts. Ted bought them back when Marshall needed them for work. The hugging sequence was a bit unnecessary but it was still good build up. Meanwhile Barney gets ready to sleep with the 200th girl he's ever slept with. Until Robin notices a mistake on the paper, saying he's only slept with 198 women, so he hurries to sleep with an ugly girl, only to find out he was right the first time, so his 200th wasn't a model, it was an ugly muscle builder. It was an enjoyable plot and one of the reasons why Ted was on that street corner. The thing that probably shocked everyone was the ending: The girl who tapped Ted on the shoulder was Stella. Is she the mother? When you narrow it down, it pretty much seems like it. So a huge cliffhanger! That's what made this so season finale material. It was very enjoyable and light. I can't wait to see the next episode.