How I Met Your Mother

Right Place Right Time

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 04, 2009 on CBS

• Watch out for spoilers, because I'm gonna rant!

This episode honestly p*ssed me off. The show spent an ENTIRE episode telling us how INCREDIBLY important it was that Ted got to that corner, how if he didn't the kids would never have been born, making us believe that maybe, FINALLY, we'd get to meet her.

And then it turns out to be Stella. An ex, who we KNOW isn't the mother (revealed in the almost-wedding ep.), and whose return only changes one thing in Ted's life: that he decided to be a professor in stead of an architect. And what does that have to do with meeting the mother? Absolutely nothng.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. And this episode didn't stop me watching, but every time I rewatch the show I always get a flame of irritation burning inside of me when I get to this ep. Because it was just one tease too much.

Later on it didn't bother me as much that we didn't meet the mother, because at least we felt like we were on our way. This season they didn't talk much about the mother, and when they finally DID, they made a HUGE build-up, leading to the reveal of a character who we KNOW is not the mother. Pisses me off every time.

I'm sorry for ruining everyone's day, but it needed to be said.
TVLAND