How I Met Your Mother

Sandcastles in the Sand

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 21, 2008 on CBS

• Robin's old high school friend is back in town, bringing back some painful memories.

At first this episode didn't seem so great, I thought it was going to be as mediocre as the last episode. But it actually developed in to something eventful by the end. We learn that when Robin was a Canadian pop star, she made another video other than "Let's Go To The Mall". The music video was called "Sandcastles in the Sand" That video contained her ex-boyfriend who dumped her in a van, and broke her heart after going out for a whole Canadian summer (a week and a half). She tries to be the "winner", she clearly is the winner, but when she sees him again, it's like she is in high school again, and she adores him only to get heartbroken the same exact way. In a van. Meanwhile Lilly's old friend also comes to see her, and we learn that Lilly acts a bit different too. That was probably the funniest plot device: Lilly & her friend. So at this point, you think "Oh a mediocre funny filler" but wait right there! Barney comes back to the bar to find Robin crying. He consoles her and Robin agrees to show him the tape, "Sandcastles in the Sand" They end up laughing and just having a good time, until they end up making out and the episode ends. Very unexpected, the last time we saw a hint of this couple happening was season 1, episode 14, and that was a long time ago. So the epsiode ends leaving us all in shock, boosting up the rating scale from a 6 to an 8. The only thing I'm upset about is that these two people are supposed to be Ted's friend. Robin is his ex-girlfriend. And Barney is one of his good friends. I don't understand why they would do this to Ted. I guess I have to wait till the next episode to find out. Mediocre episode, amazing cliffhanger.