How I Met Your Mother

Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 23, 2009 on CBS

• Disappointing.

After last week`s return to form, I personally had big expectations for this episode, specially given that it is a slap bet related episode. Slap bet storyline is my favorite and have produced some of the most memorable moments of the show.But was this episode memorable? No and it fails in every aspect when compared to the original slapsgiving episode.
    It all started great and everything was set up perfectly for slapsgiving until Lily`s dad showed up. Right there it was pretty clear to me that this will be a disappointment. Everything with the whole Lily and her had thingy bored the hell out of me. The "you`re dead to me" look was way over-used and the dad a non-factor. Meanwhile, most slap related moments were good. The jokes, the slap words, the slaps expression...but it was too short. Barney had way too little screen time here. I understand the writers don`t want to over use Barney but hell, it`s slaps giving...he is a must. The slap itself didn`t deliver, it was fairly predictable that it would go to Marshall. Ted/Robin failed to be funny. The episode did had its moments, pretty much everything Barney said/did was funny..even Marshall managed to be quite funny. But big disappointment overall and the show remains as inconsistent as ever. I actually wished they didn`t use the slap cause it was a waste. A 6 is generous.
MNT