How I Met Your Mother

Something Blue

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 14, 2007 on CBS

• A fantastic finale to a fantastic season, featuring everything I love about HIMYM.

Something that never fails to amaze and impress me in a television show is respect for continuity. Referring to previous episodes or referencing past events or continuing threads that broke off earlier make for excellent prizes for the consistent fan and How I Met Your Mother, particularly in this latest season of number 2, does it and does it right.

What with the last few episodes of the season featuring various points throughout the wedding of Lily and Marshall all sewn together to create a seamless tapestry of awesome, I found myself looking forward to each new episode to fill in the holes left open previously. Like the sauce all over Ted and Robin.

As for Ted and Robin's story, not only did it have some great twists and turns leading up to the final revelation, it, like the show consistently does amazingly, maintains hilarity amidst the real drama and pain. And for that, I love love love this show.

And that ending, with Barney's key line?

Brilliant.

Can't can't can't wait for season 3.
MNT