How I Met Your Mother

Something Blue

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 14, 2007 on CBS

• Ted and Robin share a secret to Barney at the wedding reception.

Marshall and Lily are now husband and wife but as they try to dodge family members in order to get some food, the main storyline shifts to Ted and Robin who try their best to keep a secret but you know Barney. We all know Barney. They have no other option but to share without Marshall and Lily finding out. Before I start, I really liked the continuity in this episode as it showed and explained scenes from the past. It turns out they've been broken up for a couple of weeks and Robin has expressed her interest in going to Argentina for the summer. So she goes. And Barney shows his good side by comforting Ted at the end, which I really loved with the last line being Barney saying, "This summer is going to be Legen... wait for it..." And while I'm not the biggest Ted and Robin fan and I still wish Victoria would somehow turn out to be the mother, I found the breakup very sad, but still making for a good season finale. Marshall and Lily after their reception at the restaurant was great, and Ranjit driving them to the airport was the icing on the cake.