How I Met Your Mother

Swarley

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2006 on CBS

• Crazy Eyes!!! A truly funny episode with some great cameos.

Ok so I was surfing on IMDb about a year ago and was on the Alyson Hannigan page. Being a big fan of Buffy I was keen to see what work she had done since the series ended. As expected there was some poor choices ( Date Movie anyone??) but there was also a new series on TV, and so my love of the series began

Being a big fan of all things Joss Whedon, I was delighted to see two more cameos in this episode to add to Alexis Denisof (Wes in Buffy/Angel) and Amy Acker (Fred in Angel) from series 1.

Morena Baccarin (Inara in Firefly) guest starred as Chloe, a girl Marshall goes on a date with for the first time since the split with Lilly. Working at a coffee shop, Chloe writes her name and number on Marshalls coffee and after a while flirting they go out. The guys however think that Chloe has "Crazy Eyes", a sure-fire way to determine if a girl is crazy, but Marshall disagrees. However after a few meetings he begins to reconsider....

Elsewhere Chloe accidently wrote Barney's name as Swarley on his cup so the gang proceed to annoy him and keep calling him that.

Lilly meanwhile realises that she isn't happy with Marshall dating again, even after 6 months of the split. She breaks into the flat to re-display a picture of her and Marshall that he had removed, not so Chloe would notice but so Marshall would feel guilty. She inadvertently breaks it and has to hide behind the couch when Marshall brings Chloe home. After being rumbled Lilly runs out of the house and Marshall follows her out. After a brief chat on the steps they reconcile and get back together and go for a celebratory drink in the pub.

Returning back to the apartment they realise Chloe is still there and has ransacked the place looking for her keys, which were on the coffee table all along!!

But I think what stole the show for me was Tom Lenk as the coffee shop waiter. Another "Whedonite" on the show and a real underrated talent, here's hoping he becomes more permanent in the role!
CW