How I Met Your Mother

Symphony of Illumination

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 05, 2011 on CBS

• I have to say, a bummer from last week's episode

(Spoilers ahead)>

We left off last week with Robin telling Barney she's pregnant. And we open this week with Robin talking to her kids and her telling Barney she hasn't slept with Kevin, so the baby's his. And it all kind of went downhill from there.

Robin and Barney go to the doctor and the doctor tells Robin she's not pregnant, and then the doctor tells her later she can never get pregnant, and it turns out her "kids" she's been talking to the whole episode aren't real. She doesn't tell anybody in the gang because she knows how they'd react but Ted sets out to cheer her up anyway. At the very end, old Ted tells us even though she accomplishes a lot, Robin never becomes a mom.

I thought this episode was a step down from last week because I got excited thinking about seeing Robin as a parent and it's sad in this episode we learn for sure she never will. Especially because Robin always talked about never wanting kids, it would be cool to see her have kids and what kind of mother she would be. And knowing for absolute sure she can't is a bit of a bummer. There is hope that Barney can still have kids with somebody.

The B plot was pretty standard, Marshall tries to bond with a teenager in their new neighborhood and is duped and trapped on the roof of their new house. But overall, I just think it's sad Robin never gets to have kids.