How I Met Your Mother

Ten Sessions

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 24, 2008 on CBS

• Tenth time the charm.

Ted for a while was going nowhere in his lovelife, sure he had sometimes a date of the week but it was never really anything serious and well didn't last. I'll admit I glad Ted's getting back into the game, I felt it was about time for some forward movement again.

This episode was actually really good, Brintney did a good job with her role as a naive receptionist, it was a cammeo role but it actually worked and felt right with the story.

But her character is not what's important about the episode it's in Ted's pursuit of the doctor Stella ironically played by Sarah Clarke, she did a great job at playing a serious role contrary to the persona she plays in "Scrubs" it just really fit her. I even love the fact that her character was in that St.Patricks day party the same time as Ted and Barney makeing things even more intreging to the identity of the mother. What I really loved about this episode was how grown Ted character has became, how he's became a little more determined and persistant. His pursuit for Stella might be a futile one but he knows he can't give up no matter what answer he gets it's better than none at all. I really like the methods in each season he tries to get Stella, one of my favorate would be when Ted grows a mustashe but of course Stella laughs mainly because he never seen him with one before. However the real comidy was in knowing where Ted got the idea, and that was in Barney tricking him due to a bet they made a year ago.

I even like how we see some reason for the little things like that call to the receptionist, we then discover who the person at the other end is Barney which made that joke eariler a lot more funny. As well as where that self help book came from, Marchall came in and I just laughed when he freaked out about it, in a way that fear is understandable.

But in the end Ted's percistance does pay off, and he more or less gets the girl but like in all pursuits it's how we pursue and whether we pursued at all is what counts the most.
MNT