How I Met Your Mother

The Autumn of Breakups

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • Brover is ready to eat your meat

This episode had it's ups and downs and in the end failed to impress me.

The episode highlights an issue with Ted and Victoria's relationship. Appearently Victoria isn't as happy about taking things slow as Ted seemed to be and (Bizarro) Marshall and Lily point this out. It also introduces Brover, Barney's furry wingman (2nd greatest thing in the episode).

Ted begins to work on issues with Victoria and makes a grand romantic gesture which ends with an ultimatum which is very similar.. No wait!.. Identical to the one given by Emily to Ross in Friends. The problem with this is that Victoria was the first big love of Ted in the show and in the first season Victoria was great. The writers turned her in to this twisted image of season 1 Victoria in this episode. I think she would have deserved a better farewell than this.

Robin is worried about Barney and invites him to a dinner with herself and Nick. This is where the episode gets really weird because Nick's cooking show's intro and his awful attempts to come up with a catchphrase for the show were my favourite parts of the episode. "Who's ready to eat my meat?"

'Autumn of Breakups' was not a great episode but it wasn't all bad. Marshall's transformation was horrible and Victoria's personality change a bit too sudden. Brover and Bad Boy Chef were pretty cool and also the Mosby boys and the tamed squirrel was fun. I really do believe that HIMYM can deliver better episodes than this this season.

TVLAND