How I Met Your Mother

The Best Burger in New York

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2008 on CBS

• The group tries to find the restaurant where Marshall had "the best burger in New York."

I realize that this episode didn't really drive the main plot forward, but it was fun nonetheless.

If there were any film buffs or classical music fans watching this episode, I'm sure they got a kick out of it (I would have put this in the Allusions section, but I'm still a level 1 member). When the group finds a restaurant with a "green door and red neon sign" and Marshall realizes it's the wrong one after taking a bite of his burger, Robin says, "It's just a burger," to which Marshall replies, "Just a burger?" The monologue that follows, including the music in the background, is an excellent spoof of a scene from the film "Amadeus," in which Salieri describes (in language similar to Marshall's) the same piece playing in the background (Mozart's Serenade in B flat, KV 361). I would say this scene somewhat made up for the lack of progress in the overall plot :)
TVLAND