How I Met Your Mother

The Bracket

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 31, 2008 on CBS

• Another mystery woman?

Okay so we still haven't found out who the mother is and now we have to guess who Barney slept with who's after him? The only problem I had with this episode was the anti-climactic ending. It would have been a 10 on the rating scale if we found out who the mystery woman was. Not "Future Ted" saying "We'll talk about that later." I loved the format of this episode! Resembling "March Madness" Barney puts the top 64 girls he slept with in a bracket to narrow it down to see who is trying to ruin his life, when a girl comes up to Lilly thinking she was with Barney. Saying to stay away from Barney. So he goes through the whole episode scavenging for 4 woman, who narrowed it down from his top 64. We get to see some old friends from the past. Such as the girl from 204, when Barney used Ted's name, so now there is a website: tedmosbyisajerk.com, saying that Ted Mosby is a jerk. Then after going through all the girls, they decide to make the girl come to them as Robin disguises as a girl being hit on by Barney. The girl doesn't end up going up to her, another girl does, since Barney doesn't recognize her, he gives her a huge apology, but it wasn't even her. So mystery woman remains a mystery by the end, which like I said, was the only downside of the episode. Other than that, the format, editing and writing was all great. A great episode that introduced a long running arc for Barney: For once.