How I Met Your Mother

The Broath

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 2012 on CBS

• Bad Karma and Bro-No

To be honest, I can't really remember what happened in the episode. Many of HIMYM's episodes now are becoming superfluous and forgetful. It's hard to tell when it all started going bad, and there are still some great scenes. Case in point: the ending sequence in "No Pressure". Even though the writers should have N. E. V. E. R revisited the Ted/Robin relationship, Ted walking among the sea of yellow umbrellas to Florence+The Machine's "Shake It Out" was magical and brought me back to the Golden Years when we were actually on the quest to finding the mother.

I will ask myself this time and time again, and I will probably never know the answer, but WHY GO BACK TO TED AND ROBIN? I was tired of their drama even in the earlier seasons. I liked when the writers would joke about them getting back together because it fit their story. They had closure, they had their backslide, and they've both moved way on. In the Season 5 (or was it 6?) finale, when Ted and Robin almost kiss and Future Ted says that's when they almost made one of the worst mistakes, that should have ended any kind of Robin and Ted storyline. We know Robin isn't the mother! Why keep beating it over the head?

Sorry, I have a lot to say about Ted/Robin and even Barney/Robin. Call me if you want to talk over tea. We need to set aside at least two hours for me to vent. But, in any event, back to the episode at hand: I hate Karma. First off, I don't believe in it, or else I would be the happiest, richest person on Earth, and all those mean people I know wouldn't be so well off. But I digress. Karma, aka...what IS her name?, is a big, huge distraction. I get that they wanted to have a "female Barney", but, I tell ya, if she ends up being Barney's bride... <--Oh, and another thing! Did anyone else notice how this show has switched from "Who's the mother???" to "Who's Barney's future wife???"

I'm still watching the show because I don't want to miss out on who the mother is. And, from the title of next week's episode, I guess I can FINALLY find out why Ted was wearing that green dress.

(I'm usually more eloquent and organized. I'm just really starting to despise this show. And it's 2:30 in the morning...)
LIFE