How I Met Your Mother

The Drunk Train

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 13, 2012 on CBS

7.7
  • Jumping the Shark

A lot people, especially former big fans of the early seasons, agree that this show - at some point - has jumped the shark. When was it exactly? When Stella left the cast? When Robin and Barney finally got together only to be the most ridiculous couple ever? Or was it in this episode: When Ted declares his "love" AGAIN to Robin after he learns from her she will never have kids and just broke up her relationship. I guess this moment is for most a new low in the history of the show - for me now HIMYM officially jumped the shark.

It's a useless plot development (Ted wants/has(!) kids, Robin definitely doesn't love him), a perfect metaphor/example on how this show circles through the same themes over and over.

What's up with the writers? Do they WANT to screw our minds? Why can't the show just have an ending the characters deserve instead of going somewhere negative which noone thought of just because the writers want to "surpise" us. The show's premise includes a happy ending and I seriously want them to stop coupling Barney with some random Stripper, Robin dying alone and Ted being a total jerk for 10 seasons and meeting the mother in the last 5 episodes so that absolutely NOONE cares about her character anyway when it's not properly introduced.
MNT