How I Met Your Mother

The Goat

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 2008 on CBS

• Ted finds out.

The aftermath of Barney & Robin sleeping together. Robin wants it to be like it never happened, Barney just can't do that. He actually feels bad for once in his life. The things that I didn't like about this episode is the only reason Barney wanted to find a loophole in the bro code was just so he can feel better, not for the sake of Ted's friendship. I side with Ted on this one completely, Ted always followed the bro code, never broke it. Barney breaks it, of course Ted should be pissed. He wasn't pissed at Robin because it's different with Barney, like Ted said, it's not just about Robin, Barney broke the bro code, and I think it was completely reasonable that Ted didn't want to be Barney's friend anymore, after everything Barney put him through he sleeps with his ex of a year. I'm glad that Robin at least had the decency to tell Ted what was going on, it was the mature thing to do, which is another reason why Ted didn't get mad at Robin. The goat didn't set well with me, we waited two years for this goat plot, and it turns out that Future Ted got it wrong, the goat was on his 31st birthday, next year. We saw some of the goat, but we never got to see what the goat did. It was a bit of a tease, since it showed us that Robin lives with Ted a year from now. Are they together? A great episode, it really owned up to it's cliffhanger which is what I enjoy from a show. Great episode.
CW