How I Met Your Mother

The Goat

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 2008 on CBS

• Ted turns 30

After such a monumental moment I am glad that the producers decided to follow it up immediately. Sometimes the show does things like the 5 slaps (three have happened so far), who screwing up Barney in his hooking up with women (you will find that out later this season), and in this episode, the goat. This was something that you first heard about in season 1 and the reason why this series is so great. Like with Sandcastles in the sand from the previous episode, the goat was the back story to this episode and why this episode was great.

There was a funny scene between Barney and Robin deciding what to do with what happened. As bad as the things that Barney does to people, you have to admire him for trying to find a loophole with hooking up with Robin with the Bro Code. I may be wrong but this was the first time I heard of this at this point in the series. I do know that if you watch some of the episodes on TV, at the end you see what some of the codes actually are. Also the Bro Code book is available in stores. Anyway back to the story. I really enjoyed how Barney thought the Bro Code originated. Another funny moment was how Marshall was acted after he found out what happened. Yet another funny moment was the questions that Lilly asked Robin all sorts of questions what Barney and her did. That's Lilly the nymph coming out. I like that part of her. It's something you have seen before and something you have seen again. Ranjit driving and cursing out Barney in another language was pretty funny. It was a very memorable scene when Ted told off Barney. I understand how Ted being mad but maybe it's because Ted getting mad the way he was mad brought back some memories from season 7, More on that much later. Yes what Barney did was bad but remember Robin was emotional and there was (probably) alcohol involved. Like I said before I think was set up from season 1.

Now the goat. I really liked the delay with future Ted telling the story. The story of how the farmer was going to do to the goat was pretty funny. I really enjoyed how Future Ted saying just wait and then when you think you are about to hear it, it turns out it happened later. I think was kind of remark on how fans wanting to know who the mother was. If you are annoyed by not knowing the goat story, remember that in 2030 Ted is close to 60 and some things can slip and they already have. But don't worry you will hear the goat story.
LIFE