How I Met Your Mother

The Locket

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 23, 2013 on CBS

• InstaEngage

I was instantly connected to the story line and I kept wanting to see more. All of the side stories relating to the wedding were on point. I loved all the exchanges between the mother and Lily. They had such great chemistry. I was nervous at the end of last year when they revealed the mother. I was nervous about her interacting with the other characters. This episode assured me that the mother will be great with the group. She is so funny and awkward. I love it.

I loved the story between Marshall and Daphne. I thought it was hilarious and I hope we see more of their road trip in the episode to come.

Barney and Robin having a scare that they were related was pretty funny. Continuing on with them, I thought it was adorable that Barney was not freaked out about his brother getting a divorce. It was a cute touch to the story that I wasn't expecting. I am anticipating if they will actually go through with the wedding. I still believe something is going to happen, but I kinda hope it doesn't. Just let them be a married couple already.

As for Ted, I was happy with the scene at the end where it shows him talking with the mother 1 year in the future. It made me sad because it shows that the show will be ending this season, but we already knew that. The story that annoyed me about Ted this episode was the front desk worker who kept tormenting him about being alone. It got slightly annoying towards the end, but I think it was necessary. Ted is finally going to realize that he is alone and he is going to do something crazy.

I am so excited for this season. This season premier was great. It definitely did what it was supposed to do, draw us back into the story line.