How I Met Your Mother

The Magician's Code, Part One

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 14, 2012 on CBS

• Ted and Robin improvise while Marshall tries to make it back for the birth of his son.

We pick up from where we left off two weeks ago with Lily on the phone announcing she is in labor. Ted and Robin take her to the hospital and try to comfort her by telling her nice stories, which was the recurring theme of the episode. My favorites were the "Where does the door go to?" and "Barney the Terminator" stories. I got curious to know what the door led to but as the episode dragged on I started realizing it wouldn't be anything. Surely, it was just a closet. Disappointing but funny at the same time. In the mean time, a historically drunk Marshall must get back to New York City. They finally get on a bus but turns out it's going to Buffalo filled with a bunch of senior citizens with a driver who "can only stop if it's an emergency". However, they all overhear Barney pleading his and Marshall's case and each stand up and say, "I'm having a heart attack!" This was my favorite part of the entire episode. Such a funny and creative way that Marshall was able to get to his son's birth. The parts with Lily and her dad were funny, too. Overall, a great episode although I'm assuming it was called "The Magician's Code" as well was because it was aired in the same hour as the real season finale.
MNT