How I Met Your Mother

The Magician's Code, Part Two

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 14, 2012 on CBS

• Barney surprises Quinn on their trip to Hawaii and Ted catches up with Victoria.

I have to admit, everything in this two-part season finale was so crazy and fast-moving, but my favorite of all Ted's girlfriends, Victoria, reappeared, so it's okay. The others strongly encouraged him to meet up with Victoria and see if she ever did get married. Turns out, they meet up on her wedding day but she's freaking out and proposes she and Ted run off into the sunset. Although I still wish Victoria would somehow turn out to be the mother, I didn't want it to be this sudden and I certainly didn't want Victoria to give up her fiance at the altar. Ted, who's been in the groom's situation understands and later decides to drive Victoria back to the church. I got really upset. Over the years, I (we) have watched Ted screw himself so many times with his own decisions. I couldn't believe he was almost making the same mistake again. So thankfully, he decided to skip the church and run off with Victoria anyway. I was so happy, I seriously high fived my sister who was watching also. This should create an exciting Season 8, which is likely to be the last. However, I hope Victoria isn't around for just few episodes. I think somehow the writers can work Victoria out to be the mother. Meanwhile, Robin struggles to get a good picture of the new "family" for a birth announcement card. She finally does with them all in bed sleeping, I thought that was great. Barney's storyline was the namesake of the episode but didn't find it too funny (or sane either) but had its great moments and ultimately ended with him and Quinn engaged. We can see Robin's upset when they break the news to the others, but the writers confirms what we all thought was going to happen - Barney marrying Robin. The thing now: How will Barney and Quinn get unengaged and him and Robin engaged and ready for a wedding in one season? Like I said, should be a great Season 8 in what is a speculated final season for this great show.
LIFE