How I Met Your Mother

The Magician's Code, Part Two

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 14, 2012 on CBS

• Can't decide if I liked or hated it

(Spoilers ahead).

This episode was good, but I don't know, I still like the season 6 finale better. For the stuff that happened in this episode, its very clear it's either going to work out or not, so my feelings are undecided.

First, the Ted and Victoria stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I always liked Victoria, she seems like she'd be a good match for Ted.

But, but, BUT. She doesn't attend college at Columbia. Ted doesn't meet her at Barney's wedding. And to our knowledge, she doesn't play bass guitar.

So Victoria can't be the mother. So.... what is going on, exactly?

I get why Ted would want to run off with Victoria. His best friends just had a baby and she is the only girl where the bridge hasn't been effectively burned (I did like in this episode that Ted and Robin are close to being back to their normal rhythm, with Robin listing off the things wrong with his long-term relationships, Zoey's being other than the obvious "and wore a lot of stupid hats!" "Hats were in that year!" Ted protests). But Future Ted has told us that Robin was the last girl he said I love you to before The Mother, so this whatever with Victoria can't last long. Will she be gone halfway through the season 8 premiere?

The Marshall and Lily stuff was adorbs, I knew from a mile away they were gonna name the baby after Marshall's pops and the picture Robin got of them all sleeping together was great.

Now the Barney stuff. I know I'm in the minority, but I wanted Barney to marry Quinn. I actually wouldn't have minded if he married Nora, but Nora is too nice and classy of a gal that at some point or another, the point that she was a good girl would become too much for her or Barney. But Quinn was twisted and wily and a good match for him. But I had a hunch that if they took the time to show us him proposing to her that she wouldn't be his bride, because then the surprise of who-is-Barney's-bride would be gone (also, why would she want to talk to Ted before getting married?)

Again, I'm in the minority, but I didn't want Barney to marry Robin. Partially because despite the hurriance baby, I think Barney would be a good dad and wanted to see him and Quinn have little blonde babies together, but also because Barney and Robin seemed to have run their course. I mean it really feels like there's nothing left to say there. (but I know no one else feels that way).

I'm wrong in that instance anyhow, so we'll have to see what season 8 brings.