How I Met Your Mother

The Magician's Code, Part Two

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 14, 2012 on CBS

• Twists

In what was supposed to be a surprise ending, I wasn't surprised at all. Which was somewhat of a letdown for me.

Before the ending, I realized one simple idea: Ted is supposed to meet the fabled mother at Robin's wedding, and this makes perfect sense. For all 7 seasons, Ted has been hung up one way or another, with Robin. Victoria called it on the money in season 6 when she said Ted always goes back to Robin. It is *only* with Robin's wedding that Ted will ever be able to get her to the point, in his mind, where she is completely unavailable. Once that happens, Ted can finally be open to meeting the right girl who will become the mother.

It would be nice in season 8 to see a bit of Robin and Barney's life together as a married couple - there are some great story ideas that could come from that. And with Robin out of the picture, we can finally see Ted take up with the lady who will soon be the mother - a lady he would never have noticed or acted upon if Robin had still been available. I am looking forward to the next season!
LIFE