How I Met Your Mother

The Over-Correction

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 10, 2012 on CBS

• Trainwreck

While repetition of themes can be a big hit for comedy, it did NOT work for HIMYM tonight. It was too easy to have Ted's things strewn about the lives of his friends. It got old before it got off the ground.

It also seemed like everything in this episode was beyond predictable. Even before Marshall's mother arrived (which she just sorta came out of nowhere), I knew she would end up with Lily's dad. And family with benefits is a no. Just no. Robin was so desperately against Barney and Patrice that the Intervention was easy to call. And Barney was so un-Barney-ly normal it didn't even seem like NPH needed to be there.

We didn't get any character development on Barney from last week. We didn't get any story progression on Ted. Lily and Marshall's story was unnecessary. Robin was so "overcorrected" that I wanted to stop watching. This was a horrible episode. I can only hope that they're showing Robin hit rock bottom (Because she didn't already last week?) so she can start to climb again.