How I Met Your Mother

The Rebound Girl

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 21, 2011 on CBS

• HOLY MOLY!!!! (yes, indeed, there are spoilers)

First, this was an incredibly amazing episode, it had the humor that we all love in the show, the heart, and an added extra - a SURPRISE!!!

We start off with Barney and Ted, drunkenly commiserating about the fact that it is too bad they aren't gay, because they want to have a life, without women (I had no idea that men did this too!) and this leads to them deciding to try to be "bro-parents". When Ted says they should wait until they sober up and talk about it more the next day, which leads to them deciding that it was a great idea, and they need to discuss logistics. Do they stay in the city or in Ted's house in Westchester? Does Ted keep his job? Should they get a pet cobra (Barney)? How many nannies will satisfy Barney? When Ted starts to realize that different parenting styles and goals might make this a little more difficult then they originally imagined, Barney shows up Thanksgiving morning with a baby.

Meanwhile, Lily and Marshall decide to put her grandparents house (that they gave to them) on the market. When they show up at the house, they think it is beautiful and perfect for raising a family. When they go back to their apartment, it seems so much smaller (which was a brilliant set design) and makes them want to move even more.

Robin shows up and they tell her that they are having THanksgiving at their house there, and then they are staying there. Robin is aghast, and tries to demonstrate how much room they actually have, and knocks over a lamp. They decide to let the univese give them a sign as to sell their home, or the apartment, and a man shows up wanting to possibly purchase their apartment.

Robin, Marshall and Lily arrive at their house to start dinner, and Robin says she is locking herself in the bathroom until they agree to stay in the city. After a bit, Marshall knocks on the bathroom window, and asks Robin if she is okay, and offers her some food. She mentions that she needs them more than they know.

Barney and Ted show up with their baby girl "Hurricane Mosby-Stinson" and discuss things, and then Barney's brother, and his husband show up and take their daughter, Sadie, back from Barney. Barney leaves to go talk to Robin (To which he has to go outside to the window) James goes to talk to Ted. He says that he and his best friend were going to adopt a child together and try everything Ted and Barney are discussing doing, and he is now so glad that he never did, because once he met his husband and decided to be a parent with him, everything was perfect, and he wouldn't have had that otherwise.

Cut to Barney discussing with Robin things about them, it is clear he still loves her, but he just talks, and she just talks, and they talk about kids, and Robin blurts out, "I'm pregnant."

NOW, this was something I don't know if anyone expected, but I know that I was STUNNED. I don't know if Barney or Kevin will end up being the father, but this was an excellent piece of storytelling. I like Barney and Nora together, and I like Barney and Robin together. I hope that the laughs, heart and writing of the show stays on the track that it has been on. I'm not completely disappointed in Marshall and Lily's possible move, but what I am starting to see, is that this wedding is LIKELY not at the end of this season. Because Lily is pregnant, and she isn't at the wedding. Now, if she supposedly got pregnant during Hurricane Irene, that means she got pregnant in August, and wouldn't be due until May. So, clearly the time loop here is being thrown off, and Barney's wedding won't be this season.

WGNAMER