How I Met Your Mother

The Slutty Pumpkin Returns

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 31, 2011 on CBS

6.8
  • After teasers and build ups, Ted finally tracks down the Slutty Pumpkin. And he (and we) finally get to see how meant to be they are!

5.5

This episode was terribly disappointing to me. At least from the main storyline perspective. Ted and his pumpkin not only had no chemistry, but the laughing at the lack of chemistry really wasn't that funny. I was expecting a slightly more entertaining story with maybe a 2-3 episode arc for the pumpkin with maybe a slight teaser, instead of wrapping it up so quickly. I mean, not only was Ted searching for her, but fans of the show have been waiting for the payoff as well!

However, the best part was once again Robin and Barney. I don't know if Robin is Barney's future spouse, but their chemistry is amazing, and how they can have that is so great, so I have gone from, "I'm glad they dated, now let's have them both move on," to "I really like them together, and kind of wish they would make it work." The "Living in America" bit was brilliant, and I was completely entertained. However, having a Canadian ancestor still doesn't make you a Canuck. But great storyline anyway.

MY final question is this. Shouldn't we be getting close to meeting the mother? I mean, unless Ted knocks her up the first night they meet, how else are they going to have at least a 15 year old kid by 2030? And let's be fair, the daughter looks to be at least 16-17.

TVLAND