How I Met Your Mother

The Stamp Tramp

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 19, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • Amazingly mediocre.

Well this episode was very difficult to watch to be honest. The storylines were not funny in any way, there were very few laughs to be had and overall I was not impressed.

The only part of the episode I did like was what Marshall's friend did and how that stirred things up. That was actually an innovative and creative storyline, unlike anything else we witnessed with this episode.

I'm just nonplussed with this one. They can do so much better...
  • Good episode

I really liked this episode, it had all the thing that made this show special.

The flashback from Ted's past were great. I liked that the show that Ted is not the genious he thinks he is, but he is, in fact, Lily & Marshall guardian angel somehow.

The whole search of a new strip club for Barney was amazing. I liked the fact that Robin was the one helping him to do that. One of the many things I like about that couple is that they're good friends, I mean Robin is pretty much a boy when it comes about relationships, I think that's why they work so well as "bros". At the end, I felt kind of sad for Barney, he's clearly madly in love with Robin, and even though I know she loves him too, I'm not sure she'll ever love him as much as he loves him.

Can I just say how much I loved seeing Brad back! I always found him funny, I can't wait to see the next episode and the trial with Marshall!

So to sum up, I really liked the episode and I can't wait to see the next ones.
  • We Can't Do This

Oh feebas, that was a great episode. All the comedy I expect from the show, all those flashbacks of college days and Dr. X, all the bromance of Robin and Barney (and of course, the selection of a new strip joint), all the heartache of real life butting its way back in.

I love this show because of how realistic the relationships between characters are. Sure, the second round of Ted and Victoria wasn't all that realistic, but the break was. It's so easy to relate to Barney lusting after that one person in your life you feel like you can never have. For most of us, it never works out. This is more heartbreaking because we know he's going to have to work for it (which isn't a bad thing at all in his case). It opens the door for more sentimental moments that will more likely than not turn into corny, ridiculous moments that we all love for their ingenuity.

This had all the makings of a great HIMYM episode. Keep 'em coming, CBS.