How I Met Your Mother

The Three Days Rule

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 27, 2009 on CBS

7.7
  • Three days........yawn........get to the mother already.

3.5
    This episode just continues the massive slide in quality since the early series. I suggest going back to these episodes and realising how much better they were than this one. The story was silly just a set up to show that Ted broke the so-called rule and oh look she's crazy. It is no longer possible to care much about the characters. Robin, just in the series as a fake out for who the mother is, quick create teen singing sensation past and milk it far too often. Marshall, a whipped gentle giant, Lily who is only funny when she is being kinky. Barney, suit up!!!! Or not, now he 'loves' Robin, give me a break. How to copy the Friends style of sitcom, everyone ends up doing every one else. Does anyone have a group of friends all of whom have slept with/secretly fancied each other? These stresses would rip friendships apart. I was a real fan of this at the start I found Ted endearing as he pursued his search for true love. Now, I'm bored, get to the mother, hopefully not in a love at first sight kind of way, that would kill my interest completely. Any 'love' at first sight is pretty unrealistic and in the real world such relationships that work and last for any meaningful length can probably be counted on one hand.

The three day rule comes from Jesus????????? Come on people, give me The Harpers from 2 and a half or the geeks from BBT and skip to the mother already.