How I Met Your Mother

Tick Tick Tick

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 14, 2011 on CBS

• Wow. Just wow.

I first want to say...wow. That ending was right up there with Bad News, Legendaddy and the first season finale for saddest moment ever. Poor Barney finally gets his act together, mans up and does the right thing by being honest and open with Nora and breaking the news (despite the situation with her parents being there) in a truly adult and sensitive way. I was so proud of him and so hopeful for him to use all of his growing up progress to try again and succeed with Robin and then....yeah. The end was so sad. Robin literally shattered his heart. Still I get it. If they had gotten together again so easily and in such a controversial way after cheating together it probably wouldn't have worked out well. I still have hope that eventually they'll be together and it will happen the right way...but still...so SAD!!!!! On another note the all night/2min long escapade of the totally stoned Marshall and Ted was hilarious and a perfect contrast to the drama going on with my favorite power couple (Barney and Robin).
  • Slightly random storyline, but funny!

the whole palooza event was quite random, and pretty pointless, although VERY funny! I loved the mari--nated sandwiches line! That was hilarious! The woman's line to the toilets was pretty random, but still very funny!

I'm enjoying the scenes with Barney and Robin on the boat. The storyline was very interesting there! I won't spoil too much, but I am really excited to see what happens next! :)
  • Great episode, but at the same time..

I feel that it's moving a little too quickly, in terms of Robin and Barney. Don't get me wrong, I do want them to be together because they've got great chemistry, and the season opener ('The Best Man') really showed that. However, even though the ending was a little heartbreaking, I appreciated that it ended that way. I didn't want Robin and Barney to get together so quickly, because that might potentially mean that the show's ending soon. Really love this show, and I feel that there's still a lot to be told.

• Barney and Robin struggle with the guilt of having slept together, and debate whether or not to tell Nora and Kevin about the incident.

I must say in recent weeks I had been disappointed with HIMYM. The Slutty Pumpkin episode was tacky and forced. The Hurricane episode was very similar to the in style to the winter storm episode season from four.

This episode highlighted the inevitability of a Barney Stinson and Robin Scherbatsky re-union. This episode proves with these two it is not matter of if they get back together, but when. It may sitcom format and typical for it to play like this, but is it just me or does the old format take on new life because of the wonderful and heartfelt performance of Neil Patrick Harris. Barney has always been the most well developed ladies man type character. Neil can be over the top and hilarious, or he can be vulnerable and hurt.

Jerry Minor as King Charles, the singer on the boat is probably the best part. The memories that people swear by but are obviously an exaggeration are one of the things that sets HIMYM apart from other sitcoms.

Marshall and Ted were what lightened up the episode, their sandwich eating adventures together, walking in search of nachos, was the simple thing an emotional episode needed to balance out the emotions.

With Barney having ended his relationship with Nora, and Robin still holding strong with Kevin, I expect to see a little awkward tension between the two. Barney will go back to being Barney, and hopefully a good solid episode is coming up with Ted, Marshall and Barney having a good adventure as just three Bros.

• One of the best episodes I've seen.

This episode was fantastic. Not only because Barney and Robin admitted how they felt, but Ted and Marshall was hilarious. It's been a while since they did something like this together.

This whole season is great. Every episode has been old, classic How I Met Your Mother. And of course, the relationship between Barney and Robin. I personally think it's great, not only because I love the couple, but I think that the show makes amazing relationships in the gang. It's great to watch.

• Well played, but I still ask myself "Why?" (Spoilers ahead)

So why is it a rule for any sitcom that as many main characters as possible have to end up together? Yeah, we kind of want to see everybody happy, but can't it be with other people outside this inner circle of friends? I really liked Nora, and where they went with her and Barney. Okay, on some point I had ths crazy idea, that she was the mother, but sandwiches do crazy things with men.

Anyhow, they invested a lot of episodes into the Barney-Nora relationship and the result was some really great character development for Barney. He is a really extreme caricature of a person, so it's easy to find him totally awesome, but to add such subtlety to him is not an easy thing to do and they did it extremely well in his relationship with Nora.

The one thing I liked most in this episode was the ending when we find out that it is Robin that doesn't come clean with Kevin (a character I hav sooo little interest in, although I love Kal Penn) and Barney is the hurt one in the end was a nice twist.

In the end though, we all know that Robin and Barney will end up together again, but I really believe that we don't want that - yet. I dont't really know how long this show is going to run (I think I might have read something about 2 seasons after this one), and to keep the characters interesting you can't let them end up where they're supposed to 2 years before, because there's only so many jokes you can pull off for that. And let's face it, we want Barney to be the awesome guy that he was in the first seasons. Of course I will grant him a happy ending with someone, but only when the show definitely is just before the finish line.