How I Met Your Mother

Tick Tick Tick

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 14, 2011 on CBS

• Barney and Robin struggle with the guilt of having slept together, and debate whether or not to tell Nora and Kevin about the incident.

I must say in recent weeks I had been disappointed with HIMYM. The Slutty Pumpkin episode was tacky and forced. The Hurricane episode was very similar to the in style to the winter storm episode season from four.

This episode highlighted the inevitability of a Barney Stinson and Robin Scherbatsky re-union. This episode proves with these two it is not matter of if they get back together, but when. It may sitcom format and typical for it to play like this, but is it just me or does the old format take on new life because of the wonderful and heartfelt performance of Neil Patrick Harris. Barney has always been the most well developed ladies man type character. Neil can be over the top and hilarious, or he can be vulnerable and hurt.

Jerry Minor as King Charles, the singer on the boat is probably the best part. The memories that people swear by but are obviously an exaggeration are one of the things that sets HIMYM apart from other sitcoms.

Marshall and Ted were what lightened up the episode, their sandwich eating adventures together, walking in search of nachos, was the simple thing an emotional episode needed to balance out the emotions.

With Barney having ended his relationship with Nora, and Robin still holding strong with Kevin, I expect to see a little awkward tension between the two. Barney will go back to being Barney, and hopefully a good solid episode is coming up with Ted, Marshall and Barney having a good adventure as just three Bros.

MNT