How I Met Your Mother

We're Not From Here

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 01, 2007 on CBS

• New Robin

7.9
    As the commercial saying goes what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, Robin is about to learn that the hard way.

It was slightly obvious right now Robin is not just irresponsible with her love life as she has gotten into a relationship with her boyfriend Gael which is way too fast and never a good thing. But is under the delusion that she is a changed woman.

I really liked that sequence where Barney gave words of wisdom to Robin about the cold hard facts that summer romance just like summer time goes away along with the magic and no one changes overnight, and we see that even though she didn't heed his words Barney is right. Gael was just too good to be true as we see a lot of the things that made him charming just make him weard, he's sort of like a broken romance film stuck in one mode just way too long. Plus might have way too much time on his hands as we see he has invited hippies to live with Robin. It was funny how it was causing Robin grief and what is considered a karma imbalance. Basically it just goes to show as I said no one changes overnight, we can never truely run from who we are. When she was in Argentina she thought she changed forever, but the funny thing about vacations is we always assume a different identity and sometimes pretend that the place is our life. But like all vacations they end as well as the identities with them, and we have to get back into our own lives with our own identity and continue building from there. It was hillarous at the end when she took out her gun to chase away the hippies annoying the crap out of her (she was thinking the same thing I was, though I thought she was going to shoot the bongos).

And the two subplots were pritty good if nothing spectacular. From Ted and Barney posing as tourists to get girls only it doesn't go well as planned but what's even worse is Ted inapproprately blows it.

Then there is the thing with Lily and Marchall about their death letters, it all builds up to one hillarous moment in the end where we actually see both of them in the future in their 50's we at first see Marchall and he then opens the letter, we almost think that Lily is dead but then he reads it and it is hillarous, it's even more hilarious when we see that Lily is still alive (thankfully cause it would of been too sad with her gone). I'll just say it looks like Lily was the one that aged well, poor Marchall did have it so lucky he lost his hair, oh well that's age for you. I know I haven't giving this episode a high rating and that's beause unfortunately this epsode has two things that bring it down. One, there is no forward movement in the mystery, I know you have to have episodes to take a break from the mystery but I just don't want this to become a habbit, they need to get down to the jist of things and soon. But most of all Robin herself, don't get me wrong in this episode centered around her she did a decent job but it wasn't anything great to make her truely worthy yet of being a main character or carry a show out herself successfully. I know that the show right now is probably trying to promote her to main character status but they might be trying too hard; unless they can create an episode that can really blow us away with her as the main character, Robin meanwhile is still in minor league status. But hey it's a start for her at least.