How I Met Your Mother

We're Not From Here

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 01, 2007 on CBS

• Average.

This episode I didn't much enjoy. The Ted & Barney plot I considered filler, since nothing happens in the end, all Ted does is says how much Jersey sucks. And the plot that did have development: Robin's plot wasn't enjoyable at all. I never liked Gael, and in a way, I'm happy that he's gone. But even though they say Robin's back to her old self, I disagree. Her performance was awkward in this episode, and it just didn't seem like the good old Robin we know & love. Maybe it'll take a couple of episodes to get used to, the only part I liked is when Robin reached for the gun to kick everybody out. In this episode, Barney & Ted pretend to be out-of-towners to get girls, the plan doesn't end up working by the end. Robin fears she is turning back to her old self, only to realize her new self isn't her. So she breaks up with Gael, and "gets back to normal" The plot that definitely stood out here was definitely Lilly & Marshall's plot. Notes from the beyond. Marshall writes Lilly an amazing note just in case he dies, only to find out Lilly only wrote bank statements. So they have their first argument as a married couple, and Lilly agrees to write a new letter by the end. For a second there I thought Lilly died in 2029. But it just turns out Marshall caved and opened the letter before she died. Hilarious plot with 2 weak plots. Average episode.