How It's Made

Friday 9:00 PM on The Science Channel Premiered Jan 06, 2001 Between Seasons

How It's Made Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Thought this was a good show. We are crying from viewing the baby chicks segment. See below - notify PETA, SPCA, the show producer-is anyone paying attention?

What do you guys out there think? Mar 24 2009 - How Its Made showing multiple conveyor belts cramming live baby chicks into each other, dropping through tiny crevices smaller than the half shells out of which they have JUST HATCHED. Then dropping again, banging into each other and metal parts, catching their wings and beaks as they tumble, not knowing what body part would suffer bangs and bruises next. The workers check their wings to determine the sex of the chick. then they fling them into tubes to free fall onto yet another conveyer belt. No one here apparantly has ever had a lovebird for a companion. Totally inhumane, repulsive and disgusting display of animal cruelty--and to NEWBORN chicks. I cannot imagine that you will NOT get tons of letters from indignant viewers--that is if anyone besides me watches this show. I liked it--until now. I DO NOT want to see this kind of treatment of any living thing. It may be interesting, and it may be the norm, but I am amazed that no animal rights group has not exposed this, or at least, objected to it. My 21 year old daughter watched in horror and dismay that you think any of your viewers would want to see this.
  • An intresting show that shows how eneryday things are made.

How It's Made is a great show that shows are things that we use in everyday life are made. the show shows gow simple and complex things are made, and takes the viewer through the step by step process of the products we all use. This show is great for anyone who has wondered how things are made. It is very interesting to see the different processes and materials that come together to make everyday things. This show has no falws, with the exception that it may be boring to those who do not appreaciate the effort that companies put in to making products, or to people who do not care, but then again these people do not have to watch the show.
  • Show teling how diferent objects are made

This is a very edgucational show. Its very nice finding out what your every da item is made of. I like to learn and its fun learning about things you use every day. This show is not only imformational it's entertaining. Well its not my favoriite show you knowo ive seen better but its one of the not so many edgucational show I watch. This show is fun to watch! And thats all i can say im out of words and im only on 84 words so now im just going to type random things 1 2 3 4 5 done.
  • How it's Made is a show that does exactly what it sounds like it would do... it shows you how every day items, such as golf balls or hockey sticks, are made.

If you have any interest in how things are made or would like to have the edge on your know it all brother in the area of knowing how certain things are created (like me :D) then this is the show for you.

How it's Made shows you how items are made. Sound simple? Well, some of the processes used for making these objects are anything but simple. The shows list of items range from golf balls to hockey sticks to soda machines to change machines to car parts to glass sheets and so on and so on down the line. Basically any item you could think of has been shown or will be shown on this show.

Each episode is 30 minutes long and shows you a few different items within that 30 minutes.

If you are interested in this sort of thing or would like to know how that can opener of yours was created you should definately check out this show.

dirtydog1992

Overall Score: 8.8
  • Quite Interesting.

7.4
    How it's made is a show that's pretty good, but sometimes
    the show shows how they make some unintneresting things.
    Other than that, How it's made is a show that is pretty interesting, and educational. If want a show that's REALLY interesting AND educational, I say you should see Mythbusters.
    How it's made is good, but it's best to watch it when there's nothing on TV. If there is something else on, watch that instead. Oh, and by the way, the music used in How It's Made is interesting to listen to.
    Thanks for reading my review, see you later. - a n d e r s o n 5 8 7
  • I find this programme fascinating - I love to find out how things are actually produced.

I find this programme absolutely fascinating - I love to find out how things are actually produced, it even tells how many items have been made during the show! I do not know how many of these programmes I have watched but it is an interesting way to kill the night time hours as I am suffering from insomnia. I really did not know that making skate boards was so involved - I thought all that was needed was a shaped board and some wheels! I also find it interesting to see actual recycling taking place especially with plastic products. I love the chocolate ones, I rarely eat chocolate but I like seeing how they are mass produced.
  • An Alternative to Factory Tours

When I looking through the TV guide channel, I saw the show's title, "How It's Made," and though maybe I could watch it. Out of some of the series that display how items, products and creations are made, this one explains a whole lot about everything. At least I found a show I can watch to keep me from becoming bored. Instead of visiting factories where some of the great things get made, there is a documentary show that let's us see how products are manufactured such as car bumpers, television, ice cream, combination locks, laptops, hard drives, DVD players, blu-ray discs, compact flourescent bulbs, artificial limbs, etc. If there are so many things need to be seen how they are created, then this is the right show to watch. As long as they are many things made, the series will probably have more than 100 episodes and possibly more than ten seasons. "How It's Made" is one of my favorite shows on the Discovery Channel or the Science Channel.
  • I don't think this show was made for me because I really don't care.

1.1
    A half of hour of a bunch of junk being made. I don't care how a bat is made and If i'm going to waste a 30 min of my life I would pefer to be entertain. However if your just sitting down to watch something educational to annoy your friends and family with useless triva that you can learn from this show well buddy this ones for you. However if you like me and perfer to make something then to watch How Its Made then hurry change the channel quickly you still have time to have a life. My feelings only.
  • The many products shown are great, I love the machinery and the music.

The wide variety of the many excellent shows give an interesting view of your everyday products from the factory to your uses, each segment gives a detailed view on how it all goes down. As one of the very popular shows on The Science Channel and Discovery Channel, many people learn about the complex techniques and processes used to produce ordinary and extraordinary products. Most segments teach everyone watching a interesting process.
    The music is also great, accompanying the narration , I always jam to the background, even in the most uninteresting (to me) segments, there is always something good on in How It's Made.
  • Someone pass me the remote QUICKLY!

4.1
    No mean to offence the people who actually LIKE this show but i would rather chew me arm off than watch anther second of this show. Sure enough if you absoulutly NEED to know how landing gear or perfume is made then yes, you may watch this show but what is goole made for? What is wikepidea made for? I mean honestly, i fell asleep in school watching this program and the narrator's talking about how the machnine 'fuses the bolt with the landing gear' and the producers rubbish taste in music. Some of the products are actually respectable to watch but for the latter part, the program is about as exciting to watch as watching paint dry.
  • A good show which features a set block of objects and describes how they are made step-by-step

Here is what I would like to see featured on How It's Made: Wind chimes, candles, websites, colonge, modems, fruit snacks, scrolls, baragraphs, books, trading cards, sandbags, AC adapters, thermal underwear, attic fans, flags, and scimitars. This show has already covered many other things, but it will be very interesting to see how the things I have listed are made. Though some episodes of this show are more interesting than others, it is still a good show that may answer some questions some people may have about certain man-made objects. I can tell that this show will be on for at least a few more years, because they have so many things to cover.
  • i want to know how straws and school text ooks are made??????????????????

pllllleeeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e d d bb juoh fnjn j j j j ue d d d dkfi i u h h h h h yyy y y ff ff f flll l l l l l b bbb b b b yyyy y ui i i i is s s s d f f f f r f r r g g f f f d d d d d s s hey lol lol lol
  • Great Show to watch very educational. Love it. My kids do too. And it is so hard to get kids to watch educational tv. Thanks for making this a great thing. I hope to see more new things in the future.

I really love How It's Made. I like how they go through the process of everything. There are so many things that I would love to see how they are made... I am sure they have been shown and I have just have missed the showing. I would like for my kids to see how crayons are made. I saw that years ago on another show when I was young and was fasinated. And maybe how Astro Turf is made. Several of our football fields here in Western North Carolina have that. Thank you so much for a GREAT SHOW!! Chrissy McCall, Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
  • If our technological world holds any fascination for you, then you will love this show!

Following in the footsteps of and oldie-but-goldie show, "Hot Dog" (1970-1971), this Canadian-production takes the viewer on a number of brief factory tours, showing us how certain items are made, all within a half-hour!

Whereas "Hot Dog" had famous stars to make the show more attractive to both children and adults, the narrator's voice and patter are instructive and pleasant to listen to, without being distracting as he "takes" us through the processes, step-by-step. He even uses inflections to great effect in order to make a point about safety or an aside or even a bit of comedy or trivia.

I have found myself mesmerized by some of the processes, and have yet to be bored by any of them! I even find it interesting when they show people who clearly have never been on TV before (in the "escalator handrail" episode, one of the workers was visibly shaking while he was on camera!). This would be a great show for school kids, from elementary through college! For a similar show, check-out "Made in America".
  • no seirously who did think of this. he's/she's a genius

7.4
    no seirously who did think of this. he's/she's a genius. usually for tv.com that would be a indication that u hate the show but i like this show. it's informative and very interesting. usually i don't want to watch, but the things they make, this show is addictive. my favorite episode is when they made tofu. it was so interesting, even though i hate tofu. gross. i've seen shows where they make stuff but if your in curiosity about how something is made, watch how it's made. it's on discovery channel and the science channel. discovery episodes are better than science
  • Awesome show for the whole family.....Of interest to all ages

I personally love this show , Often you wonder how they make things and this show does just that.Very educatonal. If people watch it just one time i bet they will set their TV s to a favorite channel list. Someone told me about the show and i cant watch it enough. Someone had there thinking caps on when the thought of this show idea and would be great for a teacher to tape the show for a classroom. I hope they have it on for awhile there is always something that people wonder how its made. Im wondering how they get Teflon to stick to pans as nothing sticks to teflon Theres a good show idea ??
  • I LOVE IT!

This is absolutely, hands down my FAVorite show out there!!! I love everything about it.. especially those lil' drawings they show when they're explaining the history behind the object. I can watch this all day and never get tired of it. please keep this show comming!I would love to see how posters, nail polosh, lotion, toothpicks and much much more things are made
  • Watching things get made is an age old pastime and something I usually enjoy...

People have been watching how things are made since the first caveman who banged two rocks together and found that he could produce a sharp edge showed his buddy how it was done. I think this kind of program touches something deep within the human psyche, a desire to understand how the objects we use get made, and even though the premise of these kinds of shows is unoriginal the shows themselves are usually very watchable. Therefore, the basic premise behind How It's Made is solid; the problem is in the execution.

This is a show that makes the educational filmstrips I watched in school as a kid seem like true entertainment. To put it bluntly, the show is dry. It's sad too, because this could have been a really great show if they had taken the time to improve its production values and came up with something a little more along the lines of The Food Network's "Unwrapped."

I'm sorry, I tried to like this show but just can't stay focused on it. Therefore, I score How It's Made a medicore "5."
  • this show is really cool, it's amazing the processes of how things are made. isn't this show on Discovery channel now?

It's suprisingly interesting to see things get made, I particularly enjoyed the snare drum, the beer, as well as the violins, the diamond rings and plenty of other things on that show. The bread was kind of interesting, I think it's more the machinery is what really makes it cool. I enjoy this show I'm not sure if I have watched one episode that wasn't interesting. The seems to show really cool stuff, and/or cool machines making stuff. I may write in sometime with ideas like they tell you to at the end of the show. This show is a really cool idea, and I'm still surprised at how interesting this show rally is.
  • A show that shows how they make a certain object every episode.

This is a pretty good show. I like how they put every detail into each object they show you. I think it's really cool how they make most things. My favorite object they showed was the suit of armor. I wish I had a suit of armor. They're so cool with the shininess and what not. ANYWAY, this show gets my attention. I don't sit down on the couch and watch it everyday, but I watch it when I hear that it's on. I get pretty excited to see what they're gonna make next. Sometimes they put stuff in something that I didn't even know was in there. It's fun to see what kind of stuff is in something that you didn't even know about.
  • How It's Made explores the creation/manufacturing of a wide variety of products.

How It's Made is one of my favorite, relax on the recliner after work shows! It satisfies the nerd in me, and I love knowing how random things are created. This show has been a favorite for years! I love watching how all sorts of things are created and manufactured, from carbon fiber violas to pipe organs! There's nothing like relaxing on the recliner after work and watching 5 or 6 episodes of How It's Made in a row.
    I love the insider look at the creation of so many different things and I always come away feeling like I've learned something new.
  • Love this show! Does what it says and nothing more! Just what I am looking for!

I love to watch how things are made, and this show is great! Not only do I love what the show is saying, but I love how you say it! No host! I love that! No cheesy guy making cheesy jokes trying to keep my attention! Your show just shows us how its made. Plain and simple. None of the fluff stuff that is supposed to gain my attention! Your title says it all. It does what it says and nothing more. Thank you very much! I watch your show more often because there is no host waisting my time. The commentator does enough. Great show! Keep 'em coming! Sara Crawford
  • A fascinating and educational program showing how much goes into making everyday household products from items requiring plenty of hands-on skill, to items that go by the camera in a blur and are made at lightening speed. Thank goodness for "slo-mo!"

At 51, it's hard for me to remember for sure, but I thought a segment of Mr.Rodger's Neighborhood showed how different household items were made. I vaguely remember watching how crayons were made and thinking it was the coolest thing ever! I am always amazed at the automation and the specialized machinery on a production line needed to produce a certain product. And I always wonder how much that machinery must cost, the maintenance required to keep it all running smoothly and especially what happens when it doesn't! "How It's Made" is a fascinating program and I think it's a real eye opener to see how much machinery, time, and effort by many hard workers go into making things we use every day. I try to watch it every day and now my wife and teenage kids are getting into it too!
  • this show is great.

have you ever wondered how certain things are made, this show shows it all with the narrator explaining the things are being made, you will be amazed how certain things are made and the shows got it all from rocking chairs to computers, and wine glasses and even bagpipes the show has every thing you've ever wondered how it's made, it's great.
  • Certainly worth regular viewing.

I have an insatiable thirst for learning how things are made--believe me--and I love the variety of this show! It is put together with great clarity, and the access to machinery in great. You get an up-close view a nearly every part of the process!
    Because each episode contains such variety--it is not put together thematically like 'Unwrapped'--there is usually something per episode that I have always been curious about. The only downside is that I did as instructed, responded by email to ask about seeing how a few things were made, and never got a response.
  • Excellent show about how things are made! informative, good use of video... no \"talking heads\"

Excellent show about how things are made! informative, good use of video... no \"talking heads\"- instead they show more video of the stuff being made!! ...Sadly someone apparently thinks they need loud inane repetitive background music drowning out the announcer?? Is that for kids who are forced to watch??
    I hope to find DVDs with the shows I have missed - and make them available to my kids. I wish I had this kind of \"education\" when I was a kid. Except for one trip to the Bread factory, school was mostly just boredom. Too much trouble to take field trips I guess.
  • How It\'s Made gives the viewer an inside look at how everyday objects are manufactured and created.

One of the most interesting and informative shows on television today. I personally enjoy knowing how things work and how things are made, and this show shows you exactly that. In each episode you discover how three or four objects/products are manufactured/created.

You get an inside view of the manufacturing plants and warehouses that these objects are created in, and they show you with close up views and speed cameras how the objects are formed and processed as they travel through an assembly line.

You learn something new in each episode! Its great, a must see for everyone from a young child to an adult.
1 2 >