How It's Made

Friday 9:00 PM on The Science Channel Premiered Jan 06, 2001 Between Seasons

How It's Made Fan Reviews (53)

mustard

• The Perfect Smile

I'd like to know how Invisalign in made.

In response to How fortune cookies are made refer to episode 7 in 3/16/2007.
  • Read My Fortune...

I'd like to know how fortune cookies are made!
  • suggestion

Would like to know how parfum is manufactured in large companies like Coty in North Carolina, How they manage to keep the oils blended with what ever kind of denatured alcohol. What they use to prolong the scent, and how is the parfum clear in color verses taking on natural essential colors. PLEASE let me know if How It's Made take this on so I can tune in to watch.

Thanks
  • suggestion

would like to know how automatic lead pencils are made, if show already done on this, would love to know what date it aired so we could watch it.
  • How is Buckypaper / (nanotech) made

This stuff is very interesting and could help improve life as we know it
  • puzzels

id like to see how puzzels ar made
  • I want to know how video game controllers are made.

I use at least 1 everyday and I think that it is really cool that they "communicate" with the example the PS3.
  • I would like to know how the new craze E-Cig's and E-Cigars are made.

I see some friends of mine smoking the E-Cig's and they love it because its water vapar and they can smoke them anywhere. Just last week, my husband and I went to the local mall and noticed not only are they selling the E-Cig's but now the E-Cigars.
  • Money counting machines

I've always wondered how bank money machines counted so fast.
  • Battries

I want to know how Battries are made
  • awesome

can you guys male one with garbage trucks
  • Hooked on Your Show

I am very much a fan of your show, very informative. I would like to know if there is an episode that shows how glass figurines are made, like the ones that etch art in the center of the glass. I would love to see how it's done. Thanx
  • Spectacular Program

I'm admittedly addicted to this program and can watch it all day with ease. I'm disappointed with some of the reviews claiming this program is boring - I suppose this particular genre is not for everyone. At times they do not provide much detail into the processes, presumably due to the fact that the processes are proprietary, but with a basic understanding of manufacturing, much can be reasonably inferred.

The possibilities for this show are nearly endless. There are many items you will never see on this show due to the manufacturer's restrictions on depicting their process or to secure their supply chain from competitors - many very interesting items may never see the light of day on this show. I'm not the biggest fan of the handicraft items they show at times, but I can understand where others might be.

Definitely one of the Top 5 best programs ever broadcast on TV IMHO.
  • High professional amplifiers

can you please show how a high performance amplifierand a high performance sub woofer is made.
  • what I would like to see made

I would like to see how locks of love wigs are made with donated hair, for the kids.
  • The show How Its Made is totally cool!

I Would love to see how hot dogs are made.
    Also how ipods are made.
    I love this show...it gives me great insight to how things are made. I've learned soooo much from this show. I'm hooked! But this show would be totally better if they showed how those things are made. It's mind bogalling! And I know that "How Its Made" will come through and show me how its made. I would also like to know how cream cheese is made. Even how candles are made. Some of the most simple everyday things make you wonder how they are made.
  • An intresting show that shows how eneryday things are made.

How It's Made is a great show that shows are things that we use in everyday life are made. the show shows gow simple and complex things are made, and takes the viewer through the step by step process of the products we all use. This show is great for anyone who has wondered how things are made. It is very interesting to see the different processes and materials that come together to make everyday things. This show has no falws, with the exception that it may be boring to those who do not appreaciate the effort that companies put in to making products, or to people who do not care, but then again these people do not have to watch the show.
  • Show teling how diferent objects are made

This is a very edgucational show. Its very nice finding out what your every da item is made of. I like to learn and its fun learning about things you use every day. This show is not only imformational it's entertaining. Well its not my favoriite show you knowo ive seen better but its one of the not so many edgucational show I watch. This show is fun to watch! And thats all i can say im out of words and im only on 84 words so now im just going to type random things 1 2 3 4 5 done.
  • An Alternative to Factory Tours

When I looking through the TV guide channel, I saw the show's title, "How It's Made," and though maybe I could watch it. Out of some of the series that display how items, products and creations are made, this one explains a whole lot about everything. At least I found a show I can watch to keep me from becoming bored. Instead of visiting factories where some of the great things get made, there is a documentary show that let's us see how products are manufactured such as car bumpers, television, ice cream, combination locks, laptops, hard drives, DVD players, blu-ray discs, compact flourescent bulbs, artificial limbs, etc. If there are so many things need to be seen how they are created, then this is the right show to watch. As long as they are many things made, the series will probably have more than 100 episodes and possibly more than ten seasons. "How It's Made" is one of my favorite shows on the Discovery Channel or the Science Channel.
  • The many products shown are great, I love the machinery and the music.

The wide variety of the many excellent shows give an interesting view of your everyday products from the factory to your uses, each segment gives a detailed view on how it all goes down. As one of the very popular shows on The Science Channel and Discovery Channel, many people learn about the complex techniques and processes used to produce ordinary and extraordinary products. Most segments teach everyone watching a interesting process.
    The music is also great, accompanying the narration , I always jam to the background, even in the most uninteresting (to me) segments, there is always something good on in How It's Made.
  • Great Show to watch very educational. Love it. My kids do too. And it is so hard to get kids to watch educational tv. Thanks for making this a great thing. I hope to see more new things in the future.

I really love How It's Made. I like how they go through the process of everything. There are so many things that I would love to see how they are made... I am sure they have been shown and I have just have missed the showing. I would like for my kids to see how crayons are made. I saw that years ago on another show when I was young and was fasinated. And maybe how Astro Turf is made. Several of our football fields here in Western North Carolina have that. Thank you so much for a GREAT SHOW!! Chrissy McCall, Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
  • Awesome show for the whole family.....Of interest to all ages

I personally love this show , Often you wonder how they make things and this show does just that.Very educatonal. If people watch it just one time i bet they will set their TV s to a favorite channel list. Someone told me about the show and i cant watch it enough. Someone had there thinking caps on when the thought of this show idea and would be great for a teacher to tape the show for a classroom. I hope they have it on for awhile there is always something that people wonder how its made. Im wondering how they get Teflon to stick to pans as nothing sticks to teflon Theres a good show idea ??
  • I LOVE IT!

This is absolutely, hands down my FAVorite show out there!!! I love everything about it.. especially those lil' drawings they show when they're explaining the history behind the object. I can watch this all day and never get tired of it. please keep this show comming!I would love to see how posters, nail polosh, lotion, toothpicks and much much more things are made
  • this show is really cool, it's amazing the processes of how things are made. isn't this show on Discovery channel now?

It's suprisingly interesting to see things get made, I particularly enjoyed the snare drum, the beer, as well as the violins, the diamond rings and plenty of other things on that show. The bread was kind of interesting, I think it's more the machinery is what really makes it cool. I enjoy this show I'm not sure if I have watched one episode that wasn't interesting. The seems to show really cool stuff, and/or cool machines making stuff. I may write in sometime with ideas like they tell you to at the end of the show. This show is a really cool idea, and I'm still surprised at how interesting this show rally is.
  • A show that shows how they make a certain object every episode.

This is a pretty good show. I like how they put every detail into each object they show you. I think it's really cool how they make most things. My favorite object they showed was the suit of armor. I wish I had a suit of armor. They're so cool with the shininess and what not. ANYWAY, this show gets my attention. I don't sit down on the couch and watch it everyday, but I watch it when I hear that it's on. I get pretty excited to see what they're gonna make next. Sometimes they put stuff in something that I didn't even know was in there. It's fun to see what kind of stuff is in something that you didn't even know about.
  • How It's Made explores the creation/manufacturing of a wide variety of products.

How It's Made is one of my favorite, relax on the recliner after work shows! It satisfies the nerd in me, and I love knowing how random things are created. This show has been a favorite for years! I love watching how all sorts of things are created and manufactured, from carbon fiber violas to pipe organs! There's nothing like relaxing on the recliner after work and watching 5 or 6 episodes of How It's Made in a row.
    I love the insider look at the creation of so many different things and I always come away feeling like I've learned something new.
  • Love this show! Does what it says and nothing more! Just what I am looking for!

I love to watch how things are made, and this show is great! Not only do I love what the show is saying, but I love how you say it! No host! I love that! No cheesy guy making cheesy jokes trying to keep my attention! Your show just shows us how its made. Plain and simple. None of the fluff stuff that is supposed to gain my attention! Your title says it all. It does what it says and nothing more. Thank you very much! I watch your show more often because there is no host waisting my time. The commentator does enough. Great show! Keep 'em coming! Sara Crawford
  • A fascinating and educational program showing how much goes into making everyday household products from items requiring plenty of hands-on skill, to items that go by the camera in a blur and are made at lightening speed. Thank goodness for "slo-mo!"

At 51, it's hard for me to remember for sure, but I thought a segment of Mr.Rodger's Neighborhood showed how different household items were made. I vaguely remember watching how crayons were made and thinking it was the coolest thing ever! I am always amazed at the automation and the specialized machinery on a production line needed to produce a certain product. And I always wonder how much that machinery must cost, the maintenance required to keep it all running smoothly and especially what happens when it doesn't! "How It's Made" is a fascinating program and I think it's a real eye opener to see how much machinery, time, and effort by many hard workers go into making things we use every day. I try to watch it every day and now my wife and teenage kids are getting into it too!
  • Certainly worth regular viewing.

I have an insatiable thirst for learning how things are made--believe me--and I love the variety of this show! It is put together with great clarity, and the access to machinery in great. You get an up-close view a nearly every part of the process!
    Because each episode contains such variety--it is not put together thematically like 'Unwrapped'--there is usually something per episode that I have always been curious about. The only downside is that I did as instructed, responded by email to ask about seeing how a few things were made, and never got a response.
< 1 2